TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS

JeffIsHereToo

I have seen a red GTS with white stripes in person at the Barrett-Jackson show in Las Vegas in September 2010. It is a sharp classy looking car that will stand out from the other Mustangs. . It is not as mean looking as the SGT. The new style pony just does not have that great stance. And it did not have that awesome 427 cobra scoop. It was parked right next to a 2011 GT350. I did a double take when I seen it. I stopped and asked what it was, and was told it was a concept car. The best part was it said S H E L B Y across the back. Its a nice car.

Swedeman, maybe I need some financial advice. I always say. " I will take a Shelby in the garage over a 401K statement any day" . So much for my millions of dollars and retirement . Well at least I will get to drive my Shelby until the kids pull my drivers license.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen a red GTS with white stripes in person at the Barrett-Jackson show in Las Vegas in September 2010. It is a sharp classy looking car that will stand out from the other Mustangs. . It is not as mean looking as the SGT. The new style pony just does not have that great stance. And it did not have that awesome 427 cobra scoop. It was parked right next to a 2011 GT350. I did a double take when I seen it. I stopped and asked what it was, and was told it was a concept car. The best part was it said S H E L B Y across the back. Its a nice car.

Swedeman, maybe I need some financial advice. I always say. " I will take a Shelby in the garage over a 401K statement any day" . So much for my millions of dollars and retirement . Well at least I will get to drive my Shelby until the kids pull my drivers license.

I was just making a point that everything is subjective and we all should speculate on what the future holds no matter what you do. It would not be prudent to just say, oh what the hell let me buy this car just because it says SHELBY on it, we all must think of the long term positives or negatives on anything we purchase, even if you lose you at least thought it over. That is the only advice I could give anyone, take at heart or as laughter...... either way a fool and his money are soon parted ;)

You've made millions and it took you this long to get that thing whippled???

Hey, I did not need the SC, I wanted the SC so I took my time buying it, but paid for it immediately with no long term debt. Like i said, a fool and his money are soon parted. And lastly................I really could give a shit why you think it took me so long to buy my SC.

Thinking same thing...

quote]

Astro & jmn444 - I knew you would read this reply. You know how I knew, because every dog knows its name. :hysterical2:

This conversation is over, for me at least. Oh wait....you are buying a GTS, don't forget to send pictures! :poke:

They should stop building so many different makes and models of the Shelby Stang. Build a kick ass entry level with a $15K price tag, a mid level N/A version, like they do with the GT350 and a full out full blown version which they do. Not............6-8-10-12-14 different models? The V-6 sounds like it has a fart can strapped to its ass!:hysterical:

I think we all better be ready to accept the V6 cars. It is the future. By 2016 this muscle car era II is over. What is happening right now is similar to 1972, and Carroll knows it. He is not going to stop this time, but has to go with the flow. The GT350 and GTS are perfect for the times. The GTS is one fine looking classy car. I have seen it in person. Dollar for dollar four times the car that a modified, home built Mustang GT will ever dream of being, and will always be. Thank goodness Shelby has a package for the working man (Joe Mustang).

Wish I had more room in the garage.

Ah, but where is the documentation....:read:

Kidding of course

CC

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:08 PM

BIKEBOY, on 08 April 2011 - 12:51 PM, said:

Hey SoCal---just noticed your sig change...or avatar or whatever? Did you just gradjeeate from EMT school? Good on ya if this is new for ya!!!!

Chris

Hey, I know....

What kinda specs do you think a Shelby focus will have?

I want.... a 4 banger with 400 horsepower and gets....... 40 miles to the gallon. Stck shift please.

MILLIONS I MADE MILLIONS I TELL YOU........LOL :sing_rain: .....HAHAH HEEE HAHAHA

I wish I was smart enough to make MILLIONS in investing instead I decided to bust my balls 12 hours a day working like a MOFO :fool:

Lets see a photo of the Millions under your pillow.........hahahhehehahah LOL :hi5:

I actually agree with Swede there is an opprotunity cost in everything.

Thank you Randy. It is easy to understand why some of these yoyo's don't ever "save" a penny in their lives and spend it all on credit cards and extended car loans, then they cry to Obama "please give me something for free". Butr wait they'll always tget that $750 bucks of social security when the house payment (oh sorry I mean rent) is $1500! Then they'll talk how everyone screwed them over, it is always someones else fault never their own :talkhand:. I can hear them now "Hey Obama......wheres the money you promised me"? :hysterical:

Thank you Randy. It is easy to understand why some of these yoyo's don't ever "save" a penny in their lives and spend it all on credit cards and extended car loans, then they cry to Obama "please give me something for free". Butr wait they'll always tget that $750 bucks of social security when the house payment (oh sorry I mean rent) is $1500! Then they'll talk how everyone screwed them over, it is always someones else fault never their own :talkhand:. I can hear them now "Hey Obama......wheres the money you promised me"? :hysterical:

So then you think I should not use my credit card to pay for my Shelby tattoo. Thanks I will see if they have a payment plan.

Alot of Folks live beyond their means...corporate TV advertising brainwashing...credit cards other than Amex you pay off every month is foolhardy. Car loans are what they are watch the rate, go with a sizeable down and you have equity in the loan...making it an asset rather than a liability...;@)

If the payments consequential to your budget in a iffy way than thats a whole different problem relating to poor decisions...;@)

Rock On!

It took me thirty years of working fifty hour work weeks in the construction trades to raise a family. Then it took three years for the SGT to finally depreciate enough for me to buy one. Thank you Shelby for the GTS package, and thinking about owners like me. Next to the 11' and 12' GT350, the GTS is easily the best looking new Mustang out there. When you see it in person you will agree .

Now I better get out there and drive my Shelby, before the kids decide to revoke my license.

It took me thirty years of working fifty hour work weeks in the construction trades to raise a family. Then it took three years for the SGT to finally depreciate enough for me to buy one. Thank you Shelby for the GTS package, and thinking about owners like me. Next to the 11' and 12' GT350, the GTS is easily the best looking new Mustang out there. When you see it in person you will agree .

Now I better get out there and drive my Shelby, before the kids decide to revoke my license.

+1

:shoppingcart_:

Stay tuned for an announcement on GTS production within the next 2 weeks. ;)

Another tid-bit..................the car mags. have been testing a SC V-6 version last week and another next week. All we can say is not too shabby.

On our shake down run to Arizona last month, our V-6/6-speed car averaged 34 MPG.

Roger

I know I'll be waiting to hear this anouncement! The more time that goes by the more I like the GTS... Not to mention a supercharged 6 is like the new Terlingua and is pretty affordable in relation to a GT350 :lurk:

I like the SGT because of the overachieving 4.6 reminisent of the 289 Hi Po. There is no better feeling than beating another big bad performance car with a small engine and great setup. Just ask Carroll.

Now can you imagine tearing up a Camaro with a little six banger in the GTS.

I can hear it now, "what you got in that thing". Then the grin.

I agree 100% :shift:

I'll bet some Terlingua owners have had that kinda fun, too.

Although that car makes its presence known, for sure!

Jer

Archived