TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GTS

JeffIsHereToo

does roger still have his car? what i meant was midnight mayhem and other local events other than sponsored obligations. but maybe a good thing maybe they would be taking all the trophies? lol

LOL...

He hasn't texted me like a giddy little kid yet... so I'd say no Z06 yet.

I'll believe the SGT is gone when it happens... hahaha

Jer

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 year on a GT350 all done. Hey talk to the GT350 owners they will tell you. But that being said that is not that bad considering it is a extremely special car with very special mods, it is just not worth it to me to wait 1 year. Now if they said I could get that car in 60 days, I might buy one, maybe. However, it is not like I make quick decisons though it took me a long while to GT/SC my car! :)

1 year on a GT350 all done. Hey talk to the GT350 owners they will tell you. But that being said that is not that bad considering it is a extremely special car with very special mods, it is just not worth it to me to wait 1 year. Now if they said I could get that car in 60 days, I might buy one, maybe. However, it is not like I make quick decisons though it took me a long while to GT/SC my car! :)

I'm no authority, didn't mean to state anything as fact. Just chiming in.

Jer

I'm no authority, didn't mean to state anything as fact. Just chiming in.

Jer

Jer - I too am a GT350 enthusiast, so no blood no foul. However they really can not make the GT350's any faster it is a lot of car and they are not a rail-line factory, the car is basically hand built. I really was talking about the GTS and having customers wait to get that car, if that is the case it is toast before it hits the ground. CS stock should tell you something, too many projects not enough marketing and cars put out on the road, stockholders want profits and volume. But being that Shelby is a boutique car manufacturer it will never be about volume, that is why they should stay away from entry level main stream cars. They hit it big with the Shelby GT but that was only after the GT-H debuted and everybody wanted one.....it is much different now because there will be no rematch of a Hertz and Shelby partnership and I would be surprised big time if it made it through a full model year producing at least 3K cars, really surprised. Hey but who knows....it is Las Vegas!:)

Jer - I too am a GT350 enthusiast, so no blood no foul. However they really can not make the GT350's any faster it is a lot of car and they are not a rail-line factory, the car is basically hand built. I really was talking about the GTS and having customers wait to get that car, if that is the case it is toast before it hits the ground. CS stock should tell you something, too many projects not enough marketing and cars put out on the road, stockholders want profits and volume. But being that Shelby is a boutique car manufacturer it will never be about volume, that is why they should stay away from entry level main stream cars. They hit it big with the Shelby GT but that was only after the GT-H debuted and everybody wanted one.....it is much different now because there will be no rematch of a Hertz and Shelby partnership and I would be surprised big time if it made it through a full model year producing at least 3K cars, really surprised. Hey but who knows....it is Las Vegas!:)

I learned long ago that stock price never means ANYTHING... it's based on rumors, hype, and the opinion of people WAY disconnected from the day-to-day facts. My company bought itself BACK and went private, just to escape the unneccessary drama of the unwashed masses with a few bucks to invest - they had NO IDEA what we were doing, and bought and sold us on emotion. Since going private, we've become WAY more profitable and efficient, through long-term initiatives the market saw as "dilution": Like BUYNG NEW COMPUTERS. Think of it this way: If your favorite musicians were public companies, they would just be forced to ape their biggest hits of the past, just to show they were "safe bets". So I put no faith in the stock price.

As for the volume of GTS cars they're capable of? I'm with you, WHO KNOWS?

Jer

I learned long ago that stock price never means ANYTHING... it's based on rumors, hype, and the opinion of people WAY disconnected from the day-to-day facts. My company bought itself BACK and went private, just to escape the unneccessary drama of the unwashed masses with a few bucks to invest - they had NO IDEA what we were doing, and bought and sold us on emotion. Since going private, we've become WAY more profitable and efficient, through long-term initiatives the market saw as "dilution": Like BUYNG NEW COMPUTERS. Think of it this way: If your favorite musicians were public companies, they would just be forced to ape their biggest hits of the past, just to show they were "safe bets". So I put no faith in the stock price.

As for the volume of GTS cars they're capable of? I'm with you, WHO KNOWS?

Jer

Well said, I'll go with that. Since there are not "market makers" promoting the stocks like they used to, most all stock is sold on emotion. That means if it sounds good that day and the fundamentals look decent, then hey lets buy it! As unreal as that sounds it is done that way probably 80%+++ of the time now-a-days. So one would think that if SA gets enough attention putting out new models the stock will take a nice jump thus prompting many insiders to sell in a heart beat. But with this company the depth of the fundamentals must not be that great...I mean 18 cents a share recently is atrocious. On the GTS I believe it is a stock and advertising move that SA is putting out new stuff, but in my estimation it will NOT get the bang they were looking for. The emotion is not there like it was with the Shelby GT just after the GT-H's were released. So per my research, anything is possible buy highly unlikely that the GTS will catch any type of fire for them to make any real coin on. That is why the mods on the car are really older items that they can easily manufacture and replace so they will not lose a lot of $$ if it does not fly. Good thinking, but they need to put out something very unique now to bring the fire back to the middle of the road guys who bought SGT's, blue collar buyers that wuill pay for something very cool. BUT it will have to have "at least" a nice tire & wheel package as standard equipment, factory ugly wheels now make it appear like another stock Mustang until you really get up on it! ;) I mean a brand new Ferrari would look like crap without a nice "standard" tire & wheel package, and Ferrari has some of the best design elements in the word. So what were they thinking or were they?

Ok - so How many of them are they going to make? Is there a stop point? Is this a limited run? Only going to be available for 2-3 years 1500 of them or something?

I am sorta upset that they did away with the CS8 upgrade package, I think they should have had that available off the shelf indefinitely. . . . . DIY Shelby . . . . . I liked that idea.

That being said - this looks like the "new" CS8 package, but with the nod from Shelby, and the registry with the CSM# that the CS8 did not get in the past.

I think Shelby should put out a DIY Shelby package like the CS8. I was going to build one of them for my Wife part by part, now the package is not even available anymore.

I would like to lobby to bring it back!!!

I'll have to look more into this, though I may not be in the market for another Shelby for a while yet. So I don't want to get excited about this, only to find that I can't get the package added to my used 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 when I find the one I want to buy to upgrade.

I think my best bet will be to scoop up another completed Shelby in the Used car market.

I think ford asked them to stop producing the cs cars and teamed up with them on the SGT cars.

and I think the only way to make them and sell them is to race them. there are a few cars out there with Shelby sponsorship so it seams Ive seen funny cars with shelby lettering but most of the rest is privateers. people gotta see them to want them...

Sometimes we forget who dictates what SAI builds and that is the retail customer. If we had people banging down the door for the CS8 it probably would still be around.

Same thing with the current builds. If we have 3,000 customers placing orders for the GTS I'm sure we would find a way to build as close to 3,000 cars as we could.

Steve

They should stop building so many different makes and models of the Shelby Stang. Build a kick ass entry level with a $15K price tag, a mid level N/A version, like they do with the GT350 and a full out full blown version which they do. Not............6-8-10-12-14 different models? The V-6 sounds like it has a fart can strapped to its ass!:hysterical:

My 10 cents.-.-.-.-.-

They should stop building so many different makes and models of the Shelby Stang. Build a kick ass entry level with a $15K price tag, a mid level N/A version, like they do with the GT350 and a full out full blown version which they do. Not............6-8-10-12-14 different models? The V-6 sounds like it has a fart can strapped to its ass!:hysterical:

My 10 cents.-.-.-.-.-

Care to list all these models for the rest of us?

I'll make it even easier how about listing just 6 current models produced by Shelby American?

Care to list all these models for the rest of us?

I'll make it even easier how about listing just 6 current models produced by Shelby American?

GTS(v6),GTS(v8), GTS 525 HP, SS, SS 725 HP, SS 800 HP, SS 900 HP, GTSC, GTSR, SE, N/A GT350, 525 HP GT350, 625 HP GT350, Shelby Cobra continuation cars 50th anniversary, etc...Etc... That is all I can think of right now and a lot of these can be done from the inception of 2007 and up that I did not name so in essence they are still new cars to the public because they still make them, for a price. They should stop selling those cars and just commit to the latest and the greatest, but when it is money we are talking about and in this economy companies will do just about anything to get working capital and since Carroll is not in the mood (physically or mentally) to monetarily support BIG $$$ "new" ideas they use existing parts off other older builds with slight modifications to make current models with the exception of the GT350 which has a lot of brand new body parts.

EDITED: HP could be wrong on some cars -

GTS(v6),GTS(v8), GTS 525 HP, SS, SS 725 HP, SS 800 HP, SS 900 HP, GTSC, GTSR, SE, N/A GT350, 525 HP GT350, 625 HP GT350, Shelby Cobra continuation cars 50th anniversary, etc...Etc... That is all I can think of right now and a lot of these can be done from the inception of 2007 and up that I did not name so in essence they are still new cars to the public because they still make them, for a price. They should stop selling those cars and just commit to the latest and the greatest, but when it is money we are talking about and in this economy companies will do just about anything to get working capital and since Carroll is not in the mood (physically or mentally) to monetarily support BIG $$$ "new" ideas they use existing parts off other older builds with slight modifications to make current models with the exception of the GT350 which has a lot of brand new body parts.

EDITED: HP could be wrong on some cars -

I only see three current Shelby Mustang cars on your list. The GT350, the SuperSnake and the GTS. That's way less than your posting of 6-8-10-12 cars.

Unfortunately SAI can't please everyone.

Steve

I only see three current Shelby Mustang cars on your list. The GT350, the SuperSnake and the GTS. That's way less than your posting of 6-8-10-12 cars.

Unfortunately SAI can't please everyone.

Steve

OMG, Steve. You asked me to name 6, I named 12 or 13 and stoppped. And let me say this......I am pleased as punch with my SGT/SC. My thing is if they are going to put out new stuff, put out something that packs a punch better than a Mustang GT AND at least with a tire and wheel package as standard equipment. The problem now is they are competing with the BOSS 302 and not too many will take a base GTS over a BOSS 302 we both know that. I mean no more HP than a stock GT, a body kit and Shelby name for $10K.......there will not be many players for that car. If the GTS was introduced after lets say a GTS-H it would have been a big big difference, but that is NOT going to happen. If my research holds true they will not sell many of these and it will be out of production before it really starts, but they will not lose that much coin because the parts are retrofitted to fit the new GT. It has to be a faster & better car than the stock GT for $10K more as times have changed and not every "blue collar buyer" has that kind of $$ anymore like they did in 2007. That is all I am saying.

Probably because there will be more Shelby GTS cars sold in the first year compared to all the Terlingua sales combined. And please no hate mail from the Bunny owners, I love you as much as any other Shelby :)

Steve

The Terlingua only appeals to a very small part of the performance car market. But, that small portion of the market will always be there. As a percentage of the total cost of the package and car, the Terlingua has held its value in the resale market better than anything else Shelby has produced for mass market in recent times. Not many of these cars change hands. When they do, they currently hold their value reasonably well. The great part with the Terlingua brand is the amount of marketing Shelby has done over the years. Hats, shirts, glasses, key chains, jackets, die cast cars in multiple colors, posters, signs, stickers, windshield banners, the list goes on and on. It took me three years to finally make the decision to get one for two basic reasons, the car is over the top and Shelby did not offer an alternative. But, when you go back and read Amy's early interviews about Terlingua, this is what they wanted, something over the top. Keep in mind that the first production Terlingua was delivered to a Park Ranger in Terlingua, Texas in September 2008. This was the absolute worst time from an economic standpoint for this car to come out. Can you say "Bank Bailout and Stimulus Package?" The fact that the car didn't sell is only part of the equation though. What is the total revenue from the Terlingua brand? That's the real value.

Not to hijack the thread for Terlingua, the GTS will fill a much needed void. But, Shelby cannot and probably will not invest in the GTS brand to the extent that they have with the Terlingua. In fact, if they still make it in a couple years, I'll probably get one. The real difficulty with selling the GTS today is that the Shelby GT market is so soft, you can buy one with very low miles in the low 20's every day of the week right now. GTS versus Shelby GT, no brainer. Shelby GT every time. I think enough of the GTS will be sold to provide a Shelby for many folks which would not normally be able to afford one. More importantly, they can build it to their needs and desires. In the end, it's about the brand. Shelby. The more on the street, track, and car shows, the better it will be for future value.

As a sidebar, a Boss 202 is not Carroll Shelby, and will appeal to a very small part of the car market. Mr. Shelby is one the greatest American Auto icons we have or ever will produce. Truly a living legend. You cannot compare a lifetime of achievement to for or five years of car production. For now, more people know of Carroll Shelby than those that know of a Boss 302.

Great concept on the GTS!

The GTS is a nice concept for sure. I dig the styling of it a whole lot more than that of the GT-350. It's a classic looking Mustang with subtle Shelby style. The price tag is still stupid high though. What are you getting for all that markup on the GTS? Hood, bumpers, exhaust, brakes, vinyl, and leftover SGT badging. I couldn't imagine paying full MSRP on the SGT new and I can't imagine paying the asking price of this GTS new either. There's not enough meat to the package to justify the cost IMO. And Swede is right, there have been way too many Mustang variations out of SA for the past several years. I expected a Fiesta, SHO, concept car, anything other than a Mustang or a Cobra by now.

The Terlingua only appeals to a very small part of the performance car market. But, that small portion of the market will always be there. As a percentage of the total cost of the package and car, the Terlingua has held its value in the resale market better than anything else Shelby has produced for mass market in recent times. Not many of these cars change hands. When they do, they currently hold their value reasonably well. The great part with the Terlingua brand is the amount of marketing Shelby has done over the years. Hats, shirts, glasses, key chains, jackets, die cast cars in multiple colors, posters, signs, stickers, windshield banners, the list goes on and on. It took me three years to finally make the decision to get one for two basic reasons, the car is over the top and Shelby did not offer an alternative. But, when you go back and read Amy's early interviews about Terlingua, this is what they wanted, something over the top. Keep in mind that the first production Terlingua was delivered to a Park Ranger in Terlingua, Texas in September 2008. This was the absolute worst time from an economic standpoint for this car to come out. Can you say "Bank Bailout and Stimulus Package?" The fact that the car didn't sell is only part of the equation though. What is the total revenue from the Terlingua brand? That's the real value.

Not to hijack the thread for Terlingua, the GTS will fill a much needed void. But, Shelby cannot and probably will not invest in the GTS brand to the extent that they have with the Terlingua. In fact, if they still make it in a couple years, I'll probably get one. The real difficulty with selling the GTS today is that the Shelby GT market is so soft, you can buy one with very low miles in the low 20's every day of the week right now. GTS versus Shelby GT, no brainer. Shelby GT every time. I think enough of the GTS will be sold to provide a Shelby for many folks which would not normally be able to afford one. More importantly, they can build it to their needs and desires. In the end, it's about the brand. Shelby. The more on the street, track, and car shows, the better it will be for future value.

As a sidebar, a Boss 202 is not Carroll Shelby, and will appeal to a very small part of the car market. Mr. Shelby is one the greatest American Auto icons we have or ever will produce. Truly a living legend. You cannot compare a lifetime of achievement to for or five years of car production. For now, more people know of Carroll Shelby than those that know of a Boss 302.

Great concept on the GTS!

Great post.........but the GTS is, in my opinion, not very well thought out. There has never been a Shelby for everyone it has always been a special car that only few could own, that is the mystique! So with this slogan " A Shelby for every person" what is the use of a registry or even owning one now as SA is making it so there is no mystery about the "brand" anymore and that was the fun & pride about owning a Shelby Mustang very few had them and very few would ever get them. Now you can buy one in any color, any engine and anything what-so-ever, that equals "brand dilution" in the highest degree and this car was a mistake.

Great post.........but the GTS is, in my opinion, not very well thought out. There has never been a Shelby for everyone it has always been a special car that only few could own, that is the mystique! So with this slogan " A Shelby for every person" what is the use of a registry or even owning one now as SA is making it so there is no mystery about the "brand" anymore and that was the fun & pride about owning a Shelby Mustang very few had them and very few would ever get them. Now you can buy one in any color, any engine and anything what-so-ever, that equals "brand dilution" in the highest degree and this car was a mistake.

All true, but.......As a practical matter, there are only so many folks that will spend over $40, 50, or 60 thousand dollars into a mustang. Shelby or not. Look at the production numbers from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 for the GT500 and SuperSnake. They keep going down. Not everyone that wants a Shelby will be able to get one. And most people that have one, have what they want. Not all, but most.

I guess it would have been more fair to say that more people that wanted to be part of the Shelby family can be. Shelby produces on a good week 10 cars. That most likely will not change and the market will not be diluted or saturated with low cost Shelbys'. Part of the issue with brand dilution reflects some increased value people are expecting at some point in time. When I picked up my 40th Mr. Shelby addressed that issue. He stated, "The real value of your cars are not what they will be sold for in 40 years, the real value of your cars are the memories you make driving them today." The Shelby DNA is built into every modern day Ford they have produced and will produce from current stock. It's not brand dilution when we buy them and drive them, it is brand enhancement. The more people see them, the more they want them, the more drive them. It' a good thing.

Only time will tell if Shelby has made the right marketing decisions.

I have to agree with Swedeman on that point. The SGTS just doesn't fit right with the options and the price tag.

I don't know why it drives me so nuts that you call the GTS a SGTS please call the car by the name that SHELBY gave it. IT IS CALLED A GTS........:doh:

I actually own a SGT, I feel that you blending the name of the GTS with the SGT MISINFORMS the general public and confuses people............:headscratch:

All true, but.......As a practical matter, there are only so many folks that will spend over $40, 50, or 60 thousand dollars into a mustang. Shelby or not. Look at the production numbers from 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 for the GT500 and SuperSnake. They keep going down. Not everyone that wants a Shelby will be able to get one. And most people that have one, have what they want. Not all, but most.

I guess it would have been more fair to say that more people that wanted to be part of the Shelby family can be. Shelby produces on a good week 10 cars. That most likely will not change and the market will not be diluted or saturated with low cost Shelbys'. Part of the issue with brand dilution reflects some increased value people are expecting at some point in time. When I picked up my 40th Mr. Shelby addressed that issue. He stated, "The real value of your cars are not what they will be sold for in 40 years, the real value of your cars are the memories you make driving them today." The Shelby DNA is built into every modern day Ford they have produced and will produce from current stock. It's not brand dilution when we buy them and drive them, it is brand enhancement. The more people see them, the more they want them, the more drive them. It' a good thing.

Only time will tell if Shelby has made the right marketing decisions.

Don,

Great, well thought out posts. Thanks. I agree with you about both the Terlingua and the GTS. I like both and each has its place. The value of these cars I believe is the feeling you get driving them.

I am that park ranger that SAI and Quantum and others were so good to back in Sept, 2008. They still are very, very good to me in all ways. I very much appreciate my chance to own something I enjoy so much, from driving, to talking about, reading about, seeing other members cars and options, events, and collecting the memorabilia. I have spent three years collecting Terlingua memorabilia and its vast the amount. I never saw the amount coming that is available. It is great fun and adds allot of enjoyment. I have diecasts, mugs, shirts, jackets. bandanas, there is jewelry for my spouse, interior car parts, paintings by Mr. Neale, key chains, and allot more.

People can enjoy this model, as many others, simply thru the memorabilia which is great.

I am still collecting Terlingua if anyone has any they are looking to sell or would consider trading I am searching out the 1/64 Cobra Chase cars for example. There are three or four I would love to purchase.

Please contact me if you wish: vorpl8@yahoo.com

Conversely I collect articles about the Terlingua Model among others and would be glad to send electronic versions just ask they are anyones for the asking.

David

Archived