TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordering replacement gold stripes?

Benzito

EDIT: I read the recent posts about dealing with Shelby right after posting, of course. I'll leave up my miserable story, though.

Since selling my daily driver a month ago, I've pulled the GTH from the garage to get to and from work. Enjoying it so much that I figure I could do this indefinitely. Until . . .

Monday afternoon - some a-hole backs into my car in a parking garage and scratches up the rear bumper. DOESN'T LEAVE A NOTE, of course. :banghead: Luckily, it's just paint.

Dealer has to call to check in on the stripes, but hasn't done gold before.

I'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company's adjuster today when . . .

Another a-hole decides to back up from in the intersection and hits the front bumper. :doh: He was recovering from a stroke, otherwise he would be recovering from a stroke.

So that brings me to the topic: Has anyone any experience dealing with SPP to get the replacement stripes? I was originally figuring that the dealer would have to get just the rear bumper, but now it is both bumpers and at this point, why not get the whole top-side kit. I imagine they wouldn't necessarily break up a set anyway.

Replies appreciated. Jokes, only if they're funny. :)

I would go this route.....first, there's no way that a new set of stripes are going to match the rest. Tell the ins company that you do not expect anything less. They have to make you whole again. Once they find out what it is going to cost to re-stripe the entire car (as that is a major deal, specially the hood), I'm guessing that you can get the same job done for the same money with paint. Just a thought. Find somebody good and reasonable to just paint the stripes over the top from front to back.

SPP can get you stripes, either as pieces or a kit. I would recommend doing the whole car. This way all the stripes will match, and you get a fresh set to avoid any future issues.... for another 5 or so years.

You can not purchase stripe kits directly from SPP, you must obtain approval from Ford warranty even if your Shelby is out of warranty. Once Ford warranty verifies stripe damage they will send approval to SPP who will in turn sell/ship the stripes to your body shop.

Steve

...Once Ford warranty verifies stripe damage they will send approval to SPP who will in turn sell/ship the stripes to your body shop.

Steve

Well, that's not how I understand it. Ford is going to say that the stripes are Shelby parts, and isn't part of the warranty. You're ins. estimate should include replacing all the stripes. And, as a replacement for verified owners, SPP can still get them.

Greg

Well, that's not how I understand it. Ford is going to say that the stripes are Shelby parts, and isn't part of the warranty. You're ins. estimate should include replacing all the stripes. And, as a replacement for verified owners, SPP can still get them.

Greg

Sorry but warranty or no warranty all stripe requests must go thru Ford warranty. Ford verifies damage to the stripes and then gives SPP the approval. Again this applies to OUT of warranty cars also, if not people would be ordering stripe kits for their friends Mustang GT.

Steve

• 3 months later...

EDIT: I read the recent posts about dealing with Shelby right after posting, of course. I'll leave up my miserable story, though.

Since selling my daily driver a month ago, I've pulled the GTH from the garage to get to and from work. Enjoying it so much that I figure I could do this indefinitely. Until . . .

Monday afternoon - some a-hole backs into my car in a parking garage and scratches up the rear bumper. DOESN'T LEAVE A NOTE, of course. :banghead: Luckily, it's just paint.

Dealer has to call to check in on the stripes, but hasn't done gold before.

I'm waiting to hear back from the insurance company's adjuster today when . . .

Another a-hole decides to back up from in the intersection and hits the front bumper. :doh: He was recovering from a stroke, otherwise he would be recovering from a stroke.

So that brings me to the topic: Has anyone any experience dealing with SPP to get the replacement stripes? I was originally figuring that the dealer would have to get just the rear bumper, but now it is both bumpers and at this point, why not get the whole top-side kit. I imagine they wouldn't necessarily break up a set anyway.

Replies appreciated. Jokes, only if they're funny. :)

just got my stripes, for the same reason - damage by the car wash, they will piece meal is you want do, I did not chance it and bought the whole kit (950.00) must send picture of all sides of car and vin...should have not problem

Archived