TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mother Nature

My heart goes out to the Americans on this forum.

We get Snow. Check out the 402 hiway around Sarnia from this last winter. I think three days burried in Snow. American Truckers can tell you about Northern hospitality. :happy feet:

We have Floods.

We get Cold.

We get Ice.

We get Sun.

You get;

From Hurricane Katrina to the latest wrath of Mother Nature, fires, mudslides, the list goes on,.

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/storm_watch_stories3&stormfile=dozens_killed_in_us_tornad_180411?ref=ccbox_weather_topstories

From age nine to nineteen, I lived in Kansas. Age 20, moved back to Ontario.

Even after enduring a few twisters in Kansas, ( I took b&w photos of storms/tornadoes), I still can't get over how fast life can change. From sunshine to all Hell brakes loose, it can be a matter of minutes.

You all get get my hearfelt sympathy. I Fear the wrath of Mother Nature.

My grandmother lives in Tuscaloosa AL, her home where she lived since the 1940's is gone. God was watching out for her and she made it out alive. I am about to leave work so I can get stuff ready and head up there to help.

Prayers and best wishes for your Grandmother and all the good folks affected by these storms

My grandmother lives in Tuscaloosa AL, her home where she lived since the 1940's is gone. God was watching out for her and she made it out alive. I am about to leave work so I can get stuff ready and head up there to help.

Wow! Sorry to hear that, good luck, Glad to hear your grandmother made it alive. Some folks can't say that.

Nobody talking on a cell phone ever did this:

042811_tornadoes5.jpg

In a few minutes entire communities disappear. Is it time to build bomb (tornado) shelters again? This is the worst spring in decades for tornadoes.

Glad your Grandma is ok. Austang. Alot of Alabama got destroyed this week.

+1...

it is a miracle she made it. Nothing left of the house. Will post up some pics(took about 200) when I get back home. Not long after we had walked to her house, search and rescue showed up with cadaver dogs. when they made their first sweep her neighborhood earlier this morning, her house was listed as not worth searching because of the extent of the damage and to bring back dogs to search for bodies. they were shocked to learn that not only was she alive but that she made it out with no injuries. They were fully expecting to find bodies. She lost 99.9% of everything she owned. Since we could not drive in today we carried out the most important stuff she had asked us to find. Tomorrow we should be able to drive in and will get the rest. Imagine 1 pickup truck load is all that is worth saving. I have never seen so much devastation in my life. If you can donate to any of the service organizations ie red cross, salvation army, etc. please do. These people are hurting in a bad way. So many people lost everything. My grandmothers neighborhood for example is a total loss. There was not 1 house intact without damage, most are a complete loss. I only got to see this one area, others are even worse if that is possible.

it is a miracle she made it. Nothing left of the house. Will post up some pics(took about 200) when I get back home. Not long after we had walked to her house, search and rescue showed up with cadaver dogs. when they made their first sweep her neighborhood earlier this morning, her house was listed as not worth searching because of the extent of the damage and to bring back dogs to search for bodies. they were shocked to learn that not only was she alive but that she made it out with no injuries. They were fully expecting to find bodies. She lost 99.9% of everything she owned. Since we could not drive in today we carried out the most important stuff she had asked us to find. Tomorrow we should be able to drive in and will get the rest. Imagine 1 pickup truck load is all that is worth saving. I have never seen so much devastation in my life. If you can donate to any of the service organizations ie red cross, salvation army, etc. please do. These people are hurting in a bad way. So many people lost everything. My grandmothers neighborhood for example is a total loss. There was not 1 house intact without damage, most are a complete loss. I only got to see this one area, others are even worse if that is possible.

In a blink of an eye, really. :angry22::banghead::censored:

Is there a way TS members can help (If you can donate to any of the service organizations ie red cross, salvation army, etc. please do.), How about a fund specifically to assist with the temporary care of your Grandmother? :idea:

We TS members are willing to help. :yup:

Really, this is how We roll. :happy feet:

In a blink of an eye, really. :angry22::banghead::censored:

Is there a way TS members can help (If you can donate to any of the service organizations ie red cross, salvation army, etc. please do.), How about a fund specifically to assist with the temporary care of your Grandmother? :idea:

We TS members are willing to help. :yup:

Really, this is how We roll. :happy feet:

Thanks but would be better to donate to red cross or such. My Grandmother has a lot of family support, uncle has already found her a new place. We actually saved way more than we thought we were going to be able to. Ended up leaving with 4 pickup truck loads worth of belongings. Loading up pics now on photobucket.

sorry to hear about your grandmothers house AUSTANG....but thank god she is ok!

prayers for all those affected by this wave of tornados!

+1 on her being ok...Wow the mess thank God for sure.

Hay guys for hurricane katrina we left and took what our car could carry.The day after the storm we learn how bad it was and that it would be a mouth or more before we would be able to return home we had to figure out our next step.The Red Cross really help us out.

they were able to get us vouchers so we were able to buy food and clothing it was a really big help.So please donate money or you time it really does a lot of good.

Sincerely Robert

Archived