TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Drag radials anyone?

Thanks,

Just got off the phone with MT, and it looks like there is a hold for mold approval for this tire, and she wouldnt give me an ETA, but said it probably wouldnt be May.:angry22:

Guess we are back to waiting.:doh:

Nice choice- these hook pretty well. Be careful- you could blow out your driveshaft with these!

I sure hope so! That would be AWESOME!!! :hysterical:

I already upgraded the driveshaft....Im thinking clutch or tranny....:shift:

I sure hope so! That would be AWESOME!!! :hysterical:

I already upgraded the driveshaft....Im thinking clutch or tranny....:shift:

It seems like you run your car all out... Thats awesome. Have you broke anything yet? When I get mine home im going to run it down the 1/4 mile to shut some chevy fans up. Should I be concerned with the clutch, since I had to sign off on my warranty..

I have had some issues....namely, the return spring on the clutch pedal went out, and it was replaced under warranty, but the clutch has held strong so far, even under two track events and a trip to the drag strip where I did 1/4 mile runs, back to back to back without stopping because there were no other cars there yet.

I have also had a couple unrelated issues to anything- airbag sensor just went out, warrantied, and a problem with a wire in the engine harness that threw a faulty cam code, which didnt get covered under warranty, but that was because of the dealership I took it to that never covers anything under warranty.

Not only that, but I have added over 100hp to my car, and it still is holding strong!

• 2 weeks later...

The tire will hook much better than a summer performance street tire, but don't expect 1.5 60' "driveshaft breaking" performance from this tire. Since it's a tire designed to mount on a 19" wheel, the side wall will be very short. Short sidewall means little to no side wall wrinkle to assist with hard launches. I had the 345/35/18 on my GT500, and nothing I did would ever produce a 60' time better than 1.7 to 1.8

I have had some issues....namely, the return spring on the clutch pedal went out, and it was replaced under warranty, but the clutch has held strong so far, even under two track events and a trip to the drag strip where I did 1/4 mile runs, back to back to back without stopping because there were no other cars there yet.

I have also had a couple unrelated issues to anything- airbag sensor just went out, warrantied, and a problem with a wire in the engine harness that threw a faulty cam code, which didnt get covered under warranty, but that was because of the dealership I took it to that never covers anything under warranty.

Not only that, but I have added over 100hp to my car, and it still is holding strong!

Is there any cheap bolt on parts I can put on to produce more power? What did you do to add a extra 100hp? Thats SWEET....

Cheap doesn't usually factor into modding, but for the horsepower gains, I have upgraded to a slightly smaller pulley, (probably 40 hp), and pretty cheap, about 150.00. For the other gains, I have the aluminum driveshaft, which didn't add hp, but gave me a solid 8% loss reduction from the crank to the wheels, the upgraded CAI gave me another 15 hp, and my last Dyno was 588rwhp, up from 497rwhp when I dynoed it at the "stock 624" package. Just the driveshaft alone and the Jon Lund tune gave me 537 rwhp.

Now this was on a mustang Dyno, not a dynojet, so add 10% at least to what I am quoting for an apples to apples Dyno from what you read from the published hp. ( that's roughly 645 rwhp on a dynojet, but I will get to prove that guestimate at mid America.

Archived