TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I did something today many of you will never do

iceman

I skipped out on work for a little drive this morning......That's not what most of you won't do ;)

As I rolled out of the driveway I stopped and removed the blue tape from the plastic on the vert top and dropped it and took my first top down drive in the Shelby. It was fantastic to finally get the pay off for having the vert. I can't wait until summer when i can do this all the time. I got as many looks as usual (despite my ugly mug being out in the open) and it is really sweet to listen to the engine, smell the outside, and then be able to turn the music up on the interstate loud enough that I can hear it clearly - I had a little beach boys action today (409 & Little Duece Coupe) as well as mix of some other stuff that I burned before I got the car. Another big check in + box for me on this car! Up until now I just had to say I was glad I got the vert for the extra head room - now I am glad I got the vert! (PERIOD)

And for alloy dave - no mod required for me to drop the top :)

**Note I still have not managed to break the 1K marker on this car. I am at about 900 wonderful miles now.

I skipped out on work for a little drive this morning......That's not what most of you won't do ;)

As I rolled out of the driveway I stopped and removed the blue tape from the plastic on the vert top and dropped it and took my first top down drive in the Shelby. It was fantastic to finally get the pay off for having the vert. I can't wait until summer when i can do this all the time. I got as many looks as usual (despite my ugly mug being out in the open) and it is really sweet to listen to the engine, smell the outside, and then be able to turn the music up on the interstate loud enough that I can hear it clearly - I had a little beach boys action today (409 & Little Duece Coupe) as well as mix of some other stuff that I burned before I got the car. Another big check in + box for me on this car! Up until now I just had to say I was glad I got the vert for the extra head room - now I am glad I got the vert! (PERIOD)

**Note I still have not managed to break the 1K marker on this car. I am at about 900 wonderful miles now.

A "non-mod"...I love that!

Ice, I also took mine out today. Ran into a Challenger 440 6-pac. Had some fun. He held up until 2nd gear at 4500rpm out on Pendleton Pike. Also had the top down. I am at 800 miles. Rick

Enjoy it. After close to four months of ownership, I'm at 250 miles. Weather is just now starting to cooperate.

HSURB

We've had a very mild winter and I haven't gone more than 3 weeks at a time without top droppage. :happy feet:

"Top Droppage" :hysterical2: :hysterical2: Haven't heard that term in a few years. If I remember right, I think we used to call a shot of Tequilla a Panty Dropper also.

HSURB

Oh. :cry:

You guys are killing me. :rip: Dead. :drop:

I have owned many a convertible Mustang. I even had a convertible Shelby. Right now, I have neither, and I am pining for a 'vert Shelby.

You guys are killing me! Stop. Stop! STOP!!!!!!!

I gotta get me one of these thingys, these GT500 'verts...

Did I mention that you guys are killing me?!?!?

Glad you enjoyed the "droppage," Ice!

When I was but a wee teen, in CT, we had a winter game called "Ice Man."

We'd pile into somebody's vert, drop the top (in Jan or Feb), and head out on I-95.

Wherein, we'd take off our shirts and stick our hands up in the air. The last one to bring their hands down was "Ice Man" for a while! We'd buy him beers until he passed out.

Tough crowd!

First time I took my girls down to Daytona for the 500 in Feb, I told them this anecdote.

We ran down to the beach (water probably in the 60's) and BEGAN to run in. I lasted until my knees.

They'd shout, "Hey - Ice Man!!!"

Bummer getting old.

Glad you enjoyed the "droppage," Ice!

When I was but a wee teen, in CT, we had a winter game called "Ice Man."

We'd pile into somebody's vert, drop the top (in Jan or Feb), and head out on I-95.

Wherein, we'd take off our shirts and stick our hands up in the air. The last one to bring their hands down was "Ice Man" for a while! We'd buy him beers until he passed out.

Tough crowd!

First time I took my girls down to Daytona for the 500 in Feb, I told them this anecdote.

We ran down to the beach (water probably in the 60's) and BEGAN to run in. I lasted until my knees.

They'd shout, "Hey - Ice Man!!!"

Bummer getting old.

Instead of droppage, did you have shrinkage? :hysterical2:

No Vert here, but still a "Non-Modder" at 6800 miles.

:hysterical::headspin: :hyper: :shift:

Wow, 6800 miles is probably the current mileage record for a GT500 owner... Gives me even more incentive to drive 1600 miles back to AZ from FL when I pick up my car in early April. Got to put a few miles on her before putting her in storage.

Only concern is bugs, butterflies, and rock chips on the front end...

Currently BUCKED and getting pretty excited!

Took my vert to work yesterday. Drove home @ 9PM top down shorts and T-shirt. Granted had the heater on as it was not THAT warm!! It's going to be 80 today so top down lunch run is in order. SO GLAD I WENT CONVERTIBLE I CAN'T STAND IT!!!! Go have fun everyone and don't be shy to put a few miles on the car.

Took my vert to work yesterday. Drove home @ 9PM top down shorts and T-shirt. Granted had the heater on as it was not THAT warm!! It's going to be 80 today so top down lunch run is in order. SO GLAD I WENT CONVERTIBLE I CAN'T STAND IT!!!! Go have fun everyone and don't be shy to put a few miles on the car.

75 and topless again here in Southeast VA. today :banana piano:

I'll soon be able to go topless! My Alloy Vert is on a train heading to SoCal! It is to arrive at the rail yard on the 24th. If it arrives early, I'll get it on the 24th. If it arrives on time, I will get it on the 27th. The next 10 days may be the tough. My virgin voyage will be topless, unless it is raining. And we all know it doesn't rain in Southern California!!! I have a Cobra Vert and I didn't even have to think about "coup or vert" for the Shelby.

Got to agree with Sandyman, top down and clover is intoxicating, at least in Dallas. At almost 5k miles so far; top down on the way home from the dealer was how I broke mine in. Lucky enough to get mine first week of Aug. 06, pre production #. Mine's not a daily driver, but with 30 miles to work each way, and beautiful weather all the time, easy to rack up the miles.

l_524ae59b9c9d6ce5bd70b617a42a2025.jpg

Got to agree with Sandyman, top down and clover is intoxicating, at least in Dallas. At almost 5k miles so far; top down on the way home from the dealer was how I broke mine in. Lucky enough to get mine first week of Aug. 06, pre production #. Mine's not a daily driver, but with 30 miles to work each way, and beautiful weather all the time, easy to rack up the miles.

l_524ae59b9c9d6ce5bd70b617a42a2025.jpg

no vert here

no clouds

no snow

no rain

7" on pure, sweet Florida Sunhine and 67 "I love it here degrees"

lwellmaker,

how many miles?

when'd ya get yours?

like FL, love the weather, been able to drive it every week (cept when I was out skiing)

how bout you? getting good use out of yours?

Best part is taking Jr. our for a drive

l_64e696f38cd4235c9f0c7e09d051046e.jpg

Archived