TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Boss 302

J&DGT500

Well Dee's (really need to get her to join the forums) Boss is estimated to be here just 11 days from now, on April 29th. If this is the case, I figured I should see some movement from Ramp 51 any time now and sure enough today it shows as:

Origin Received - Tp23 (Autoport Limited) Ramp 5P 07:48

Origin Received - Tp23 (Cassens Transport Co) Ramp 5P 07:20

Not sure what that all means, the ETA that was showing April 29th now shows April 20th, no way it will be here in two days so no sure what the ETA is at this point. Also I figured it would get shipped by rail car to Buffalo and car carrier from there as do most cars do (Mustangs included) to the local dealer.

In any case, it is on the move and should be here for Ponies.

Well Dee's (really need to get her to join the forums) Boss is estimated to be here just 11 days from now, on April 29th. If this is the case, I figured I should see some movement from Ramp 51 any time now and sure enough today it shows as:

Not sure what that all means, the ETA that was showing April 29th now shows April 20th, no way it will be here in two days so no sure what the ETA is at this point. Also I figured it would get shipped by rail car to Buffalo and car carrier from there as do most cars do (Mustangs included) to the local dealer.

great news!!!!! i cannot wait to see, hear and pretty please, drive that baby. now order those brake ducts!!

Tony, I just got done reading the new issue of Mustang Times, you’re famous!

By the way Dee knows how much you want to drive the car, she said we should drive it down to you when it comes in before Ponies so you can see and drive it.

Tony, I just got done reading the new issue of Mustang Times, you’re famous!

By the way Dee knows how much you want to drive the car, she said we should drive it down to you when it comes in before Ponies so you can see and drive it.

Dee is very smart. I like her idea. We will keep in touch. Good luck trying to get some sleep.

happy%20feet.gif AWESOME! Cant wait to see it in person!

As of this morning the Boss is still on Ramp 5P, not looking good for the April 29th ETA. My sales person at Ford pulled up a different car in the system that is almost at the dealership (sitting in Philly waiting to get on a car carrier), she figures its going to be about 10 days from Flat Rock to Reading. So if it is going to get here in time for Ponies, they need to get the car moving by tomorrow.

As of this morning the Boss is still on Ramp 5P, not looking good for the April 29th ETA. My sales person at Ford pulled up a different car in the system that is almost at the dealership (sitting in Philly waiting to get on a car carrier), she figures its going to be about 10 days from Flat Rock to Reading. So if it is going to get here in time for Ponies, they need to get the car moving by tomorrow.

Sorry for both of us. Maybe we could fly to the factory and just drive her back. A couple red bull's and we will be good!

Well, I know a couple people at Ford but not sure it would help. Let me send an email and see what I can find out. Dont hold your breath however. A company that big may take a month just to get me to the right person. :hysterical:

The Boss is on a Rail car in New Boston MI as of this morning, they did also finally update the ETA which was showing the 20th to May 5th so we will keep our fingers crossed.

Whew, talk about cuttin' it close... Congrats and make sure you get the first drive in her . :slapfight:

Are you bringing her to Carlisle too along with the '500? If so let me know soon.

Andy

The Boss is on a Rail car in New Boston MI as of this morning, they did also finally update the ETA which was showing the 20th to May 5th so we will keep our fingers crossed.

Good news. Let's hope all goes smoothly. The dealer might have to do the final prep at midnight, eh?

Cutting it close for sure, I delayed registering for Ponies waiting to see if the Boss would be in to figure out which package I was going to take, waited so long it ended up costing me not only the discount, but a late fee as well. And now to top it all off, it may be here after all (crossing my fingers as I said but not holding my breath).

Yes, it is going to Carlisle for sure, already pre-registered for that knowing even if it was late, which it is, that it should finally be here before June.

Tony, I did jump in the Boss to see how the seats are while I was at the auto show in NY, definitely offer better lateral support, nice and snug, I may order a set for my GT500 if they can actually be ordered out of the catalogue.

Yesterday at about 1:50 it still showed as being in Connellsville, PA in the VVS, the second day it has been sitting there. The dealer emailed somebody down in Twin Oaks, the yard where it gets off-loaded, to see if it was there yet and as of about noon today it was not, so may still be sitting in Connellsville on a train. So close and yet so far...

In Transit - Received - 14614 (Csx Transportation ) Ramp 5R, Twin Oaks, PA May-04-2011, 17:41 ET.

So I think this means it has hit Twin Oaks, waiting for confirmation. If that is the case, it still needs to get transported to the dealer.

David and Dee came by the house last night and Dee was gracious enough to let me give the boss a spin. Exhaust is very sweet with the plates out. Recurs very supportive yet still soft enough for long rides. The engine pulls strong yet I tried to keep my testosterone under control. To me, the very best part of the car on my limited drive time was the tranny and the short shift. More positive feedback then the 500 and certainly way way better then the stock 5.0 shifter. Enjoyed the drive very much and thank David and Dee both for trusting me with their 4 day old car. I'm honored.

Any time Tony; you just might find you have a body in the passenger seat of your car from time to time at track events. What did your wife and daughter think of the Boss in competition orange with black stripes?

Any time Tony; you just might find you have a body in the passenger seat of your car from time to time at track events. What did your wife and daughter think of the Boss in competition orange with black stripes?

CO might be a tough sell. She loved the sound but she is leaning toward kona. Is there a penalty for owner 2 kona mustangs?

Kona Blue may not be an option at this point with the mess in Japan, rumor is unless it is already built you will have to make a new choice and Sonic Blue is replacing the Kona. Would love to see a picture of a Boss done up in Sonic, but white looks sharp also with the bold contrasting black stripes.

01-performance-white-boss-302.jpg

01-performance-white-boss-302.jpg

Its official Tony,

saw the Ford statement issued to the dealers today. Kona blue is being pulled on all mustangs, and the remainder of the year will have sonic blue as an alternative. That said, sonic blue is beautiful, and I think will be a rare build!

I have a friend locally getting one built, but they told her it is already built, so its too late to change to sonic blue, which she has a lightning and a terminator in that color.

Archived