TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 and CS8 Owners Information

socalwrench

socalwrench,

I got a simular vibe from a few of your posts (as did Shelby CS6). Maybe not that you didn't care but that it wasn't the same as the actual plaque so what's the big deal.

Any fake / duplicate plaque, correct or not, is fraud! It is meant to mislead the general public, perhap not an expert but, any regular guy who might think he's found something special for sale or at a local car show. It's just not cool or legal when it has the CS logo or signature. If anyone wants to build a car with shelby parts at home or at SAI that's fine. They can do whatever they want with thier money. The problem is trying to pass something off as a specific model authorized by Shelby or built by Shelby. That's a big problem!

Rich

Wow, Rich. Did you read my last posts?! Here, I will put in bold and caps for you. I AM NOT CONDONING FAKE PLAQUES. Occassionally, I have noted horrible copyright violations and reported them to Claudia at Shelby Licensing.

Greg

Hi Greg,

I'm not trying to berate you here. In fact I agree with you that is too quite in the CS section and any conversation are better than none. I did read your last post but I also read your post #7 where you suggested this car was a CS6 (and it is clearly not a completed CS6 car, although it is a very sharp cool car for sure) and post #17 where you mentioned only the designers can determine if it is a real CS6 or not. To me it either hasd all the parts or it doesn't, but a fake dash plaque is a red flag waving high frantically in the air and not cool. Perhaps I'm inferring the words you wrote the wrong way but it just seemd you were on both sides of this issue in this thread. You seem to support this car as real CS6 but you don't condone the fake plaque. Personnaly, I don't think you can stand on both sides, Just my opinion, and you are certainly entitled to yours as well. Don't take this wrong, it's just a conversation, no ill will is meant.

Rich

:shift:

Well, thanks for the reply Rich. It just seemed like I was making the damn things. LOL. Anyway, I talked with the owner and he was told by SAI, that built the car, that is was a CS6. I think SAI was fairly limited as there were some left over parts by then. Who knows? Maybe some at SAI can chime in, since maybe they confused him. All I was saying originally in regards to the CS cars, is that they don't all have to look identical in my opinion. I mean, you get SGT and GT500 guys that will change out wheels and side scoops, and the cars still have the same identity.

Well, thanks for the reply Rich. It just seemed like I was making the damn things. LOL. Anyway, I talked with the owner and he was told by SAI, that built the car, that is was a CS6. I think SAI was fairly limited as there were some left over parts by then. Who knows? Maybe some at SAI can chime in, since maybe they confused him. All I was saying originally in regards to the CS cars, is that they don't all have to look identical in my opinion. I mean, you get SGT and GT500 guys that will change out wheels and side scoops, and the cars still have the same identity.

I agree 100% that everyone is entitled to mod their own vehicle as they see fit however the big difference is you purchase a KR, SGT,GT-350 or GT-500 as a completed package and except for color and a couple of deletes or options every vehicle starts the journey on the same page.

After the vehicle is purchased you can do what you like including making a 40th, SS or just swapping out parts like hoods or tires & rims but you can't start with an SGT and try to convert it to a GT500.

If a CS6 has every single component part purchased, installed and documented then I agree, change what you like but there is no short cut to completeing one of these vehicles so you either have a completed registered car or you don't.

Well as they say there are two sides to every story and SAI's side differs from that. I can say that the car in question is not an official CS6 nor is it an official Terlingua car. Its a nice car, no one is doubting that, but it can not be considered an official Shelby car. It falls into the category of being an owner modified Mustang with a notation that some of the mods were performed by the Shelby Speed Shop.

The unauthorized dash plaque is a separate issue that has been fully covered.

Ok, its Friday afternoon so how about we move on to where we're going to drive our cars this weekend.

Steve

Well as they say there are two sides to every story and SAI's side differs from that. I can say that the car in question is not an official CS6 nor is it an official Terlingua car. Its a nice car, no one is doubting that, but it can not be considered an official Shelby car. It falls into the category of being an owner modified Mustang with a notation that some of the mods were performed by the Shelby Speed Shop.

The unauthorized dash plaque is a separate issue that has been fully covered.

Ok, its Friday afternoon so how about we move on to where we're going to drive our cars this weekend.

Steve

It is indeed a nice car, glad to have the official standpoint on it being clarified.

This weekend is set for rain so my CS will be confined to the garage :(.

Archived