TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CS6 and CS8 Owners Information

socalwrench

Things are really quiet on this section of the TS Site. I would like to change that. I don't want the CS cars to fade into history. The CS cars are unique in that they are the only cars, that I know of, which were built using conversion KITS sold from SAI. Therefore, I would like to start an owners list with basic information, and at least one picture for reference. I don't care if you bought a turn 1, a turn 2 kit, or pieced it together. As long as you did the conversion, let us know about your car.

Below is the information template. Just cut and paste it on your post and fill it in. BTW, if you feel uncomfortable listing your name- just live it blank. For location, simply enter the city and state. If you're having trouble posting images, or information, PM me and I will get it up here.

EXAMPLE:

Owner: ???

Date started: ???

Date completed: 10/2008

Body style: coupe

Engine size: 4.6L

Supercharged: yes

Transmission: manual

Interior Color: gray

Exterior Color: gray

54590d1225410400-hillbank-motorsports-shelby-cs8-mustang-cs8_03.jpg

Copy this:

Owner:

Date started:

Date completed:

Body style:

Engine size:

Supercharged:

Transmission:

Interior Color:

Exterior Color:

• 4 weeks later...

Owner: Matt

Date started: Nov 2010

Date completed: May 11 2011

Body style: Coupe CS6 with Terlingua body kit

Engine size: 4.0 V6

Supercharged: Yes, Paxton Novi 1200

Transmission: 5 speed

Interior Color: Tan

Exterior Color: Red fire / Matte Black

Completed by Shelby Performance and Shelby Autos both in Las Vegas Nv.

You have a very nice car but looking at your pictures I'm confused. Was your car ever a fully completed CS6?

It looks more like a modified Mustang with CS6 and Terlingua parts with GT500 rims. When you say it was done at SAI what did they do?

Rich

You have a very nice car but looking at your pictures I'm confused. Was your car ever a fully completed CS6?

It looks more like a modified Mustang with CS6 and Terlingua parts with GT500 rims. When you say it was done at SAI what did they do?

Rich

1+

Terlingua hood, Terlingua (CS6) fascia, Terlingua (new style CS6 grill less Piaa lights) incorrect side scoops, incorrect spoiler, incorrect rims, no big brake package, no graphics,

Can't tell what else is missing but the only CS6 components I can see are the grill and lower fascia and these double on the Terlingua.

Not knocking your project just I don't see enough to be even a turn 1 CS6.

You should have worked out a deal with SAI to complete this a a Terlingua vehicle.

Guys, I was trying to keep this thread clean with just owners information. However since you brought it up, please do not mandate that ALL CS cars use the Razor wheels (they are easily changed). And, the grille is correct, it just happens to be the new version without the lights (yes, it was possible). The side scoops are the GT/CS or SGT ones, which were also used on the CS prototype.

Terlingua and CS packages are discontinued. You can get the parts but the decals and logos are not available believe me I tried. The CS was never badged or serialized anyway and a lot of people customize their Shelby how they like. My car was done at both Shelby Autos and Shelby American Performance Las Vegas. Gary Patterson, Juan, Carl, Gill, CJ, Frankie worked on or helped to get the car where it is. They all know it and all have mentioned it as a CS. I wanted a functional all the way around CS car that could compete with the Terlinguas as a short track car. I will post all of my pictures for you to see if you like. It is a Terlingua kit minus badging, brakes, wheels. It has the Shelby suspension, Max Motorsports caster camber plates, Eibach springs, Steeda strut brace, gt500 brakes and wheels (lighter than razor wheels) not a show car a driving car, long tube headers, H pipe, metal core race cats, Borla stingers, It was badged with a CS supercharged badge on the trunk deck. It has a Paxton Shelby serialized Novi 1200 supercharger, Vortech intercooler, Aluminum radiator, rebuilt rear end with 3.73 and ford racing limited slip, start button, Shelby billet inside and under hood, Terlingua gauge pack, Magnacore plug wires, the Agent 47 mirrors and MRT louvers are my touch. It was tuned with a Predator tuner makes 315 RWHP, 316 RWTQ. Like it or not, it was done at Shelby with all Shelby parts or parts recommended by the people doing the work. My burning question is if a car was made a cs elsewhere with or with out Shelby parts is it a cs? If my car was done at Shelby but not serialized but badged is it a Shelby or a clone? They had to approve the parts I purchased. Anyway I like it and it has been invited to SEMA 3 years in a row and all of the Las Vegas Shelby events. Its all for fun. I say enjoy them for what they are.

Terlingua and CS packages are discontinued. You can get the parts but the decals and logos are not available believe me I tried. The CS was never badged or serialized anyway and a lot of people customize their Shelby how they like. My car was done at both Shelby Autos and Shelby American Performance Las Vegas. Gary Patterson, Juan, Carl, Gill, CJ, Frankie worked on or helped to get the car where it is. They all know it and all have mentioned it as a CS. I wanted a functional all the way around CS car that could compete with the Terlinguas as a short track car. I will post all of my pictures for you to see if you like. It is a Terlingua kit minus badging, brakes, wheels. It has the Shelby suspension, Max Motorsports caster camber plates, Eibach springs, Steeda strut brace, gt500 brakes and wheels (lighter than razor wheels) not a show car a driving car, long tube headers, H pipe, metal core race cats, Borla stingers, It was badged with a CS supercharged badge on the trunk deck. It has a Paxton Shelby serialized Novi 1200 supercharger, Vortech intercooler, Aluminum radiator, rebuilt rear end with 3.73 and ford racing limited slip, start button, Shelby billet inside and under hood, Terlingua gauge pack, Magnacore plug wires, the Agent 47 mirrors and MRT louvers are my touch. It was tuned with a Predator tuner makes 315 RWHP, 316 RWTQ. Like it or not, it was done at Shelby with all Shelby parts or parts recommended by the people doing the work. My burning question is if a car was made a cs elsewhere with or with out Shelby parts is it a cs? If my car was done at Shelby but not serialized but badged is it a Shelby or a clone? They had to approve the parts I purchased. Anyway I like it and it has been invited to SEMA 3 years in a row and all of the Las Vegas Shelby events. Its all for fun. I say enjoy them for what they are.

We are not talking about a clone or not but there were only two ways to build a valid CS6 car which was a complete turn one or complete turn two.

If you don't have all the component parts that were offered in the package then sorry in my books you don't have either.

And you are absolutely right the kits are discontinued so it is impossible to build one this is why they now offer the new packages.

Anyone can buy any parts they like and install them or have them installed on their vehicle but that still doesn't make it a correct CS6 vehicle.

It's your car and you can can call it the space shuttle if you like but at the end of the day if the car went for sale or auction and they checked off the original parts list for a CS6 your car is missing more than it has to qualify.

Guys, I was trying to keep this thread clean with just owners information. However since you brought it up, please do not mandate that ALL CS cars use the Razor wheels (they are easily changed). And, the grille is correct, it just happens to be the new version without the lights (yes, it was possible). The side scoops are the GT/CS or SGT ones, which were also used on the CS prototype.

Sorry to burst your bubble but my car was a 99% complete CS6 turn two vehicle with the exception of the Razor wheels and I had to purchase these before they would allow me to purchase the stripe kit or issue the dash plaque.

There was a stipulated criteria and all component parts were mandated by Shelby before SAI would recognize the vehicle and issue a dash plaque.

I already had a great set of 20" rims and rubber on the car but still had to purchase the Razors to complete the package.

If I had left the ones on the car after the purchase than so be it but I had to purchase the correct issue rims before the car was recognized and registered by SAI.

Others with SS packages etc. have to do the same thing with exhaust etc. as the factory spec. parts have to be installed, the car cetified by SAI and then the owner can install what ever they want however without every single component part certified the car will not be certified.

I understand there is no CSM with a CS6 car but a GT500 doesn't have one either and you can purchase what ever parts you like from Shelby or Ford put it on a GT and you will never have a GT500.

The CS6 was a "complete package" offered in two trim / performance groups if you purchased everything when available then you own a turn one or a turn two car.

If you didn't get everything for the kit prior to items becoming obsolete then you now have a partially complete turn one or turn two vehicle and unless they re-issue components that is how these builds will stay.

Sorry to burst your bubble but my car was a 99% complete CS6 turn two vehicle with the exception of the Razor wheels and I had to purchase these before they would allow me to purchase the stripe kit or issue the dash plaque.

There was a stipulated criteria and all component parts were mandated by Shelby before SAI would recognize the vehicle and issue a dash plaque....

You're not bursting my bubble. I don't live in or near bubbles.

What the heck are talking about SAI recognizing the CS car? They don't get to be entered into the registry, nor do they get a dash plaque. I know there were a few early ones that got plaques with the kit, but most didn't.

You're not bursting my bubble. I don't live in or near bubbles.

What the heck are talking about SAI recognizing the CS car? They don't get to be entered into the registry, nor do they get a dash plaque. I know there were a few early ones that got plaques with the kit, but most didn't.

Believe it or not, these cars were built to a strict criteria and although no CSM numbers were issued, dash plaques indicating completed turn one or turn two cars most certainly were issued ( I have one) as does everyone else I have seen with a completed spec.vehicle.

They are also in the CS6 registry and I have the document issued by Shelby to prove that fact.

If all component parts were not purchased as per the outligned specification (CS6 build sheet) they would not allow you to purchase the stripe kit, no stripe kit, no completed vehicle and no dash plaque.

To qualify, you would have to fax all receipts pertaining to the purchase of every single CS6 component part on your vehicle as well as photographs to confirm the build to Shelby.

Once they confirmed the all parts were purchased and installed, then they would allow you to purchase the stripe kit and also send along the dash plaque.

I didn't have the razor rims because they were always out of stock and when I submitted everything they declined my request because I didn't have the razor rims.

I placed an order for them and awaited delivery and once installed I sent the receipt and a photograph and only then was I allowed to purchase the stripe kit and receive the dash plaque.

Look, myself and a few others really pushed to get the CS cars in the registry. Amy shot the idea down. I think the topic is still stickied on the forum. Again, this was not what I wanted with this thread. I was strictly trying to helpful and make a thread with the current CS6 and CS8 cars.

Look, myself and a few others really pushed to get the CS cars in the registry. Amy shot the idea down. I think the topic is still stickied on the forum. Again, this was not what I wanted with this thread. I was strictly trying to helpful and make a thread with the current CS6 and CS8 cars.

If someone could post a link to that thread I'd appreciate it as the CS6 cars are and have been welcome in the Shelby American registry. BUT only complete CS6 cars with all the required parts are eligible. We will also require photographs of the car with all the required the parts installed, sales receipts alone will not act as proof of a completed CS6.

Steve

If someone could post a link to that thread I'd appreciate it as the CS6 cars are and have been welcome in the Shelby American registry. BUT only complete CS6 cars with all the required parts are eligible. We will also require photographs of the car with all the required the parts installed, sales receipts alone will not act as proof of a completed CS6.

Steve

Thank you Steve for the official SAI support and clarification in this matter.

I appreciate very much what you attempted to do with this thread and I'm certainly not doubting your enthusiasm regarding the CS6 vehicles however, clarification was required that not everyone that bolted on a hood or a set of razor wheels now have a CS6 vehicle.

To the best of my knowledge there were only a handfull of these vehicles ever completed and a few years back we had four completed vehicles together in a show in Ottawa which will I doubt will be achieved again in the near future as the vehicles are too spread out over North America.

I noticed you joined TS in 2009 however most early vehicles mine included were commenced in early 2006 following the release of the vehicle at Sema 2005 and we were a sounding board for SAI for component quality and installations as well as partioning and providing feedback in designing the dash plaques.

I myself personally received a multiple year ban from this site fighting for the integredy of these vehicles with Amy and others so your preaching to the choir but in the end we managed to carve out a little piece of credibility for these CS6 vehicles to have them represented as part of thre fold with or without CSM numbers.

Roger had originally approached me to become the registrar of this program because of my passion and history with these vehicles however Amy put the veto on that request due to our rocky past so to speak.

I had deliberately refrained from commenting on this car but since it seems to be drawing some conflicting comments I have to chime in and support Randy on this one.......it is not a CS6, nor is it a Terlingua...it is a very nice modified stang with some CS components on it along with a fake CS6 dash plaque that SAI ought to track down the manufacturer and shut down before I order one & put it on my Escape and tell everyone that's a CS too.

The CS cars are on the registry but only if they can be proven to be complete - I remember having to provide a link to an online album with 199 pics throughout the build process to prove that the car had been built to spec before my certificate of authenticity was issued. Slimer is a near complete CS6 but still isn't recognised...if this one is then I have serious issues with it all.

As evidence of the fake plaque I present to you the cardomain page of 245CID's car and mine where he asked me if I wanted to order one too;

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3082283/2005-ford-mustang

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3913780/2005-ford-mustang-deluxe-convertible-2d

As said before it is a very nice car and deserves to get the attention it does but calling it and badging it as a CS just doesn't fly with me.

I will try to find the thread, but there were two that were regarding the blocked plaques and SAI registration. Any new additions with the CS cars in the registry is news to me, and I have been coordinating about it for quite a while. I can very close to building a CS8, but ultimately didn't want the fiberglass parts.

I will not be the one who makes judgement on determining whether a car is an official CS or SGT or Terlingua. In my opinion, only the original designers can do that. The CS cars are kits. If an owner changes out wheels or side scoops, I don't have an issue with it. It should be noted that I and several others were, however, fighting to have COMPLETE CS cars put into the registry with plaques. Each was shot down at different times. Again, if I can find those threads I will post them. Best regards guys.

Greg

I had deliberately refrained from commenting on this car but since it seems to be drawing some conflicting comments I have to chime in and support Randy on this one.......it is not a CS6, nor is it a Terlingua...it is a very nice modified stang with some CS components on it along with a fake CS6 dash plaque that SAI ought to track down the manufacturer and shut down before I order one & put it on my Escape and tell everyone that's a CS too.

The CS cars are on the registry but only if they can be proven to be complete - I remember having to provide a link to an online album with 199 pics throughout the build process to prove that the car had been built to spec before my certificate of authenticity was issued. Slimer is a near complete CS6 but still isn't recognised...if this one is then I have serious issues with it all.

As evidence of the fake plaque I present to you the cardomain page of 245CID's car and mine where he asked me if I wanted to order one too;

http://www.cardomain...05-ford-mustang

http://www.cardomain...-convertible-2d

As said before it is a very nice car and deserves to get the attention it does but calling it and badging it as a CS just doesn't fly with me.

Hey Steve,

nice find on the dash plaque and yes, I agree SAI should find out who makes this and stop it immediately especially since it has Carroll's signature.

I too agree it's a nice vehicle but it's not a CS6 or Terlingua even if Mr. Shelby himself had installed the parts.

I will try to find the thread, but there were two that were regarding the blocked plaques and SAI registration. Any new additions with the CS cars in the registry is news to me, and I have been coordinating about it for quite a while. I can very close to building a CS8, but ultimately didn't want the fiberglass parts.

I will not be the one who makes judgement on determining whether a car is an official CS or SGT or Terlingua. In my opinion, only the original designers can do that. The CS cars are kits. If an owner changes out wheels or side scoops, I don't have an issue with it. It should be noted that I and several others were, however, fighting to have COMPLETE CS cars put into the registry with plaques. Each was shot down at different times. Again, if I can find those threads I will post them. Best regards guys.

Greg

I'm not doubting there were threads about no plaques etc. as we had a few ourselves but when several of us CS6 and CS8 owners bought our kits the original build sheets indicated they came with

a dash plaque and SAI didn't produce any.

After several discussions with Amy they decided to produce them and asked for our (CS6 CS8 owners) input to help generate the final product but this was decided long before you even became a TS member.

In regards to the CS vehicles having fiberglass parts, the only fiberglass item on the original vehicles was the hood which holds true for every single vehicle Shelby modified forever until the new KR came along with the carbon fiber hood so you would have to accept that fact on any Shelby vehicle period unless you bought a Shelby GT.

The current CS6 front fascia is fiberglass but that is a very recent modification.

I appreciate the fact that you are a big supporter of the CS program but you still seem to dispute the fact the cars have official dash plaques and are in the registry even when you have an official SAI confirmation to the contrary.

The facts are before you so essentially you can believe what you like but I own one of these vehicles and have been a part of this program from almost day one when they were publically offered and this is how the build program functions.

Any deviation negates the possibility of having a registered vehicle and fabricating dash plaques like that owner has done to represent the vehicle for something it's not is not only sad but illegal

ShelbyCS6, you keep misquoting me. I said that I know that some of the early cars DID get a dash plaque. They were included in the Turn 1 and 2 kits.

I was only mistaken about the CS cars being eligible for the registry. I'm happy for it.

The hood has been fiberglass since the first kits were sold. The front bumpers became fiberglass some time in 2009 I believe. I was using the TS site late in the 2008 year, but when I went to actually get one, I was told the bumper was now fiberglass.

Those plaques don't even look the same. They are much thinner and made of tin or steel. Aren't the original plaques made of aluminum?

The genuine article is made of billett aluminium and is shaped to fit between the centre air vents. Aside from the obvious legal infraction my issue with these is that someone will believe them to be genuine and could be tricked into buying a stang with a $51 fake plaque believing they've bought a genuine CS.

Not too cool ;(

If anyone knows who is producing these unauthorized CS6 plaques please send me an email with their info.

Steve

I'd try starting with Matthew (245CID);

"Posted by: 244cidStang

03/29/2011 08:12PM Delete

Hey I have a place that for 51 bucks will make you a dash plaque obviously it will not be a csm but it looks way cool, I have a pic I can text to you. I just got mine in the mail.

Reply"

But, the CS plaques don't have a CSM number anyway. It's just a plaque saying the kit was installed.

It's copyright infringement for the design and logo and potentially fraud for duplicating the Carroll Shelby signature.

There is no CSM number on a Coke can either but try reproducing it and selling it and see what happens.

The dash plaque in my GT-500 doesn't have a CSM number either but it is still a liscensed item produced by SAI.

It's copyright infringement for the design and logo and potentially fraud for duplicating the Carroll Shelby signature.

There is no CSM number on a Coke can either but try reproducing it and selling it and see what happens.

The dash plaque in my GT-500 doesn't have a CSM number either but it is still a liscensed item produced by SAI.

100% correct. Making any type of plaque using Carroll's signature, the Shelby American name or the trademarked CS6 name is actionable by Shelby Licensing.

Then we have another issue that fake plaques are intended to mislead people into believing a car is something other than it really is. This type of behavior only benefits one person while hurting all the other legitimate Shelby owners out there.

Steve

Okay guys, look. I'm not condoning the copyright infringement. I've done my part a few times to end fake Shelby stuff. I have emails to Claudia to prove it. All I was saying, is that I can tell this particular plaque is fake and I was pointing out the differences for future reference. The more we can educate car people in general, the harder it gets to counterfeit anything, including Shelby stuff.

Greg

Okay guys, look. I'm not condoning the copyright infringement. I've done my part a few times to end fake Shelby stuff. I have emails to Claudia to prove it. All I was saying, is that I can tell this particular plaque is fake and I was pointing out the differences for future reference. The more we can educate car people in general, the harder it gets to counterfeit anything, including Shelby stuff.

Greg

???...did I miss a reply of yours somewhere along the post ??

The way I read your comments was the plaques don't have a CSM number so what's the big deal if someone copies them.

I appologize if that's not what you meant but that is the way it reads.

ShelbyCS6, your apology accepted. This is why I hate messaging sometimes. LOL. I'm really not upset about any of this. I was trying to point out the subtle differences for car folk. I think I'm going to hand off this thread to you and ShelbyMotorsports for the organization. Take care guys.

Greg

Archived