TEAM SHELBY FORUM

fr500 mufflers

bornagain

just installed the fr500 mufflers on my gt500 yesterday. i didnt know what to expect for sound but when i started the car up with the new mufflers i said to my self oh ya thats nice. sweeet. was running magnaflows but these have no comparision was well worth the $800.00 bucks. next up will be the ford racing handling pack and 3.73

gears

just installed the fr500 mufflers on my gt500 yesterday. i didnt know what to expect for sound but when i started the car up with the new mufflers i said to my self oh ya thats nice. sweeet. was running magnaflows but these have no comparision was well worth the $800.00 bucks. next up will be the ford racing handling pack and 3.73

gears

gears

They are awesome. They make the car sound the way it should have from the factory. I grin everytime I start it, with a large amount of credit going to these mufflers!

I swapped in a pair of FR GTB mufflers because I had them. The muffler tips are like the FR500s and look much better than stock. The sound is deeper. I hope they are less restrictive than the GT500 stock mufflers.

Much less restrictive but need to be a little deeper/louder. IMO

Add the KR H pipe, or the H pipe from Powerhouse Racing (basically the same as the KR) and you will not believe how much better it will make those mufflers sound. It's like old school muscle car sound!!!

My GT500 has an x-pipe already installed. This looks to be stock. Does the H-pipe provide more flow or power, or just a deeper sound? I need to find the KR or Powerhouse Racing H-pipe to review. Thanks, Cobra 29

My GT500 has an x-pipe already installed. This looks to be stock. Does the H-pipe provide more flow or power, or just a deeper sound? I need to find the KR or Powerhouse Racing H-pipe to review. Thanks, Cobra 29

The H pipe, I believe, will take off a little HP but the sound is amazing!

Whammer,

Thanks for sharing the video. Sounds like the H pipe adds a deeper sound. What rear mufflers are you running in the video?

Cobra 29

I've got the KR's on it. The H pipe adds a burble sound to the mufflers- which I think is a 60's muscle car sound. Absolutely no drone at any speed.

Archived