TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Valve Covers Installed

Finally got the time to put them on..........

v3.jpg

v2.jpg

Looks great!!!!

Jer

v3.jpg

v2.jpg

Tell me when you got the covers. Last I knew they were on B.O. I even put my name on list for email notice when they came in. Rick

+1 Are you happy with the way they look?

I have to be honest and say not 100%. I'm sure that after time I will adjust.

Tell me when you got the covers. Last I knew they were on B.O. I even put my name on list for email notice when they came in. Rick

They were in the first batch they received, I believe I got them in late December or early January.

These look really similar to the black FRPP laser etched valve covers I just had installed. I was kind of under whelmed as well. The graphics don't really pop on either of them. I went with black since my car is black, but if someone is looking for something that stands out more, I'd recommend going with blue or red and definitely not getting hung up on logos (Shelby or Ford Racing). They definitely look better than stock though.

Glad to see they finally got these in stock. I was going to go with these, but lost patience with them never being available.

I like them, but they don't really stand out much.

Not to mention they're about $100 more then the FRPP valve covers and the only diff is the logo. FRPP is fine with me, I love my Shelby and putting their parts on my car but I'm not paying $100 more for them to laser etch the shelby logo on it. Blue ford racing will mactch my the blue silcone bands that are in between my steeda carbon fiber inlet elbow. Just my opinion though

I like them, but they don't really stand out much.

I don't think any valve cover really stands our on our model Mustangs. I went with the FRPP "chrome" cam covers and and while they are blingy to the max....they are still largely hidden. The covers sit so low on the 4.6 and are buried under so much plumbing and wiring, it's tough to get the full effect of any nice looking valve cover.

(I'd do it again in a heartbeat, 'tho).

I don't think any valve cover really stands our on our model Mustangs. I went with the FRPP "chrome" cam covers and and while they are blingy to the max....they are still largely hidden. The covers sit so low on the 4.6 and are buried under so much plumbing and wiring, it's tough to get the full effect of any nice looking valve cover.

(I'd do it again in a heartbeat, 'tho).

I don't know... I kinda like mine

Dan

I like them.......don't get me wrong..................as everyone says I thought they would stand out more.

v3.jpg

v2.jpg

I do have a question? They look more gray in color that the pics in the Shelby Store. Is it just the lighting? Rick

I do have a question? They look more gray in color that the pics in the Shelby Store. Is it just the lighting? Rick

It's the lighting.....they are as black as black can be.

Archived