TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally Bringing the 500 Home!!

BIKEBOY

I took the 500 out of storage today for the last time and am bringing it home! It's been in storage in the Princeton Airport since late October of last year. Been waiting on finding a new home for the boss and I. Well...we finally did and it has a 3car man cave. I am having the whole thing painted dove gray. Walls, ceiling, backs of the garage doors, and gray epoxy coat on the floor. This time I'm doing it right!

Oddly, as many of you will remember....last month I tried to sell the car for a replacement GT350. To NO avail. Strangely, one of the more serious individuals in the car has purchased a red coupe from another guy in his state of VA. He and I have remained 'friendly'. He loves my mirrors and scoops and wants to do them exactly! So, today I took an extensive array of shots for him to see the scoops close-up and in high-res.

He is a very cool guy, and when he gets his car the way he wants it, is reportedly going to join our forum to show it and become a regular member. His name is Mark. Look for a heavily modded red/white stripe coupe from Virginia. Until then, I took this today and did some artsy fartsy colorization of it to have a little different shot in my collage. I am having a very hard time thinking of parting with this car, and after driving it around today, it became even harder to think of. I would really like to add the CRAGAR 701S GT350 wheels to it. I think on my color, it would really be something special?

Cheers everyone! And have a safe happy summer! :shift:

BB

Sounds like the new digs will work out great............congrats BB

Your GT500 is looking fantastic............ :drool:

Thanks Dan! Yea, the garage is going to be the nicest I've ever done. We have been in about 6 homes in our lives together too.

It will pale compared to Scoob's though!! :hysterical:

Thanks for the comment on the car too!!

Chris

Looks very nice BB! What happened to the F150 mirrors? Not quite sure what Ford was thinking on ours mirrors?

Thanks LUCKY....

The mirrors are in the AGENT 47 box wrapped tightly for storage, in case the new owner in the future wants to go back to stock. Though, I can't imagine why!!! :happy feet:

They are harder to see out of with the smaller surface area, and the quarter windows covered. But man...they do look retro! It's 1969 all over again!! :superhero:

Chris

Chris

It is a strange feeling not having your car close to you. Ours has been in storage since Oct as well. :( The plus side it is very well taken care of and we have been able to visit it twice during the winter. Once to attend the bash (first time on a track for me :woohoo:) and once for a week holiday. I am just counting the days until we fly down and bring it home. We have a great ride home planed with lots of TS member making the drive to Grabbers with us (good way to start the season ). Your Shelby is looking good. As cool as the 350 is don't know if I could part with my 500 for a 350. Great to hear you can now keep it close and well detailed. Post some pics of the new garage when you get a chance.

Glen

Chris

It is a strange feeling not having your car close to you. Ours has been in storage since Oct as well. :( The plus side it is very well taken care of and we have been able to visit it twice during the winter. Once to attend the bash (first time on a track for me :woohoo:) and once for a week holiday. I am just counting the days until we fly down and bring it home. We have a great ride home planed with lots of TS member making the drive to Grabbers with us (good way to start the season ). Your Shelby is looking good. As cool as the 350 is don't know if I could part with my 500 for a 350. Great to hear you can now keep it close and well detailed. Post some pics of the new garage when you get a chance.

Glen

Glen...thanks for that!

Wifey wants me to fly out west for Grabber's event. I know NO details of it. Could you apprise me?

Thanks buddy!

Chris

Glen...thanks for that!

Wifey wants me to fly out west for Grabber's event. I know NO details of it. Could you apprise me?

Thanks buddy!

Chris

here you go

Rob's place is just outside of Vancouver WA, Portland Or is just on the other side of the river.

Link is here http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65872-grabbers-5th-annual-pacific-nw-meet-greet-sat-52811/

Glen

Glen...thanks for that!

Thanks buddy!

Chris

Hey Chris, you married a great Wifey bud .................... :wub: . Rob's event is a blast...........I've been very lucky to make it every other year.

Congrats on the new home...

Thanks Pat!

The painter is about half done in the garage! :happy feet:

I'm having it painted dove grey and it's almost got a blue hue to it? Not blue enuf to match my Vista stripes though!!! :hysterical:

Hey Chris, you married a great Wifey bud .................... :wub: . Rob's event is a blast...........I've been very lucky to make it every other year.

Thanks Dan....I'll be sure and show her your post! She'll dig that.

I found me a good woman way back in high school...pretty unusual!

Thanks Dan....I'll be sure and show her your post! She'll dig that.

I found me a good woman way back in high school...pretty unusual!

You bet Chris..........a good wife makes life a joy. Your a lucky man.

Marji and I have the same story........except we got together in Jr. High.

:lurk:

Rob... looks like I am going to be in Phx. the week of the 22-29th of May for my nieces high school grad. She graduates on the 24th, but my in-laws are throwing her a grad party on Sat. the 28th! :happy feet: & :cry:

Grasshopper

I really wanted to come out and meet the norwesters! %$#@!

I took the BMW 135 out today for a bit...Home Depot run for garage door opener wire, and such...

I can't help but share this. It is after all 'my thread'. Lol!! :hysterical:

Anyway... I can't remember the advertised 0-60 off the top of my melon on this car, but as I recall it is very close to that of our 500's. I must say that it feels just as quick as my 500 for sure. The pint size of the car and the horsepower to weight ratio sure lend themselves to the feeling, at least, that the car is as fast as our 500's? Nonetheless, it's good to have both options sitting out there side by side now in the new mancave!! :happy feet:

btw- the walls are painted now...(Beacon Grey) sorta bluish?? Not what I expected, but looks real nice. Just gotta do the floors now.

I took the BMW 135 out today for a bit...Home Depot run for garage door opener wire, and such...

I can't help but share this. It is after all 'my thread'. Lol!! :hysterical:

Anyway... I can't remember the advertised 0-60 off the top of my melon on this car, but as I recall it is very close to that of our 500's. I must say that it feels just as quick as my 500 for sure. The pint size of the car and the horsepower to weight ratio sure lend themselves to the feeling, at least, that the car is as fast as our 500's? Nonetheless, it's good to have both options sitting out there side by side now in the new mancave!! :happy feet:

btw- the walls are painted now...(Beacon Grey) sorta bluish?? Not what I expected, but looks real nice. Just gotta do the floors now.

You have to get out to some events and get some event swag for the walls. It is nice to have a quiet spot for yourself in the home.

:yahoo:

Is Gina coming? Still working on the family... Think they may.

JG

She's hot and cold on the trip...type 'A' with NO patience! :hysterical:

Now, if Michael had a clothing booth set-up..............................................................................................................? :hysterical:

Archived