TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fix for Drive Shaft Hitting Tunnel

I had asked for info/help from the members on how to fix my driveshaft from hitting the bottom of the car up in the tunnel. I was told by Shelby to get adjustable rear spring pedistals and raise the rearend. That was a poor band aid in my eyes as I didn't want to raise the car. Anyway, I purchased a Shelby adjustable rear upper control arm and gave it to Don, a friend who often helped Joe Gosinski at Chicane. Don played with it and developed a bump stop which extends off the control arm and impacts the very top front of the rear differential. Under 'spirited' driving where the driveshaft was impacting the top of tunnel when i hit a bump, it now hits the bump stop instead. He was able to adjust the height so it does not impact the bump stop often, just when needed before the driveshaft would have hit. I realize I had been driving differently of late to avoid situations which caused the impact. Now I can let loose and really enjoy, knowing I am protected. This is a good fix, not a band aid which would have changed ride height. Don is curious if there is others interested in this part. Let me gauge interest and he may decide to make them available.

I had asked for info/help from the members on how to fix my driveshaft from hitting the bottom of the car up in the tunnel. I was told by Shelby to get adjustable rear spring pedistals and raise the rearend. That was a poor band aid in my eyes as I didn't want to raise the car. Anyway, I purchased a Shelby adjustable rear upper control arm and gave it to Don, a friend who often helped Joe Gosinski at Chicane. Don played with it and developed a bump stop which extends off the control arm and impacts the very top front of the rear differential. Under 'spirited' driving where the driveshaft was impacting the top of tunnel when i hit a bump, it now hits the bump stop instead. He was able to adjust the height so it does not impact the bump stop often, just when needed before the driveshaft would have hit. I realize I had been driving differently of late to avoid situations which caused the impact. Now I can let loose and really enjoy, knowing I am protected. This is a good fix, not a band aid which would have changed ride height. Don is curious if there is others interested in this part. Let me gauge interest and he may decide to make them available.

Do you have a pic? What is your pinion angle?

• 8 years later...

Archived