TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recent MOds and Review

bradenbb

I just put in a 3.73 gear, JM Ultimate LCA and Street UCA, 2.59 TVS Pulley and Tune from VMP. My initial impression, why did I wait so long....

The gears make a huge difference. The shifting, the sound of fast revving is great, the feel, amazing mod and well worth it. NO WHINE.

The UCA and LCA stabilized the car and have made the car smooth and solid. It rides and feels like a great sports car. Something was off with my car since Shelby played with it and this fixed it. The car is firmly planted on the road, grabs when I hit it and does not want to bounce all over when hitting bumps.

Tune and Pulley. Lets just say I did 60 to 120 in a second or two and the whine and force was down right scary. Much more then I expected. I am sure the gear helped on this but it was great.

Any or all of these mods are excellent. If you are in Atlanta area www.injectedengineering.com did the install and they were great. I will use them for future mods.

Just curious.....as I am about to make some of the same purchases.

I am assuming you are using the "J&M Extreme lower control arms", if not correct my assumption.

Is the UCA their "Extreme Adjustable", "Adjustable", or "non adjustable"? If it is NOT the "Extreme Adjustable", why did you choose the "non-extreme" version for your upper, and only the lowers?

Just wondering if there is a reason that I should give some consideration as well.

Thanks!!

Dan

Just curious.....as I am about to make some of the same purchases.

I am assuming you are using the "J&M Extreme lower control arms", if not correct my assumption.

Is the UCA their "Extreme Adjustable", "Adjustable", or "non adjustable"? If it is NOT the "Extreme Adjustable", why did you choose the "non-extreme" version for your upper, and only the lowers?

Just wondering if there is a reason that I should give some consideration as well.

Thanks!!

Dan

J&M Motorsports Double Adjustable Upper Control Arm Street for 05-10

Product ID : 23985

Price: $149.00

&M Motorsports Ultimate LCA for 05+ Mustangs & GT500

Product ID : 23942

Price: $189.00

My car is a street car and I wanted it to be as simple as possible. Justin from VMP uses same set up and I follow much of what he does.

J&M Motorsports Double Adjustable Upper Control Arm Street for 05-10

Product ID : 23985

Price: $149.00

&M Motorsports Ultimate LCA for 05+ Mustangs & GT500

Product ID : 23942

Price: $189.00

My car is a street car and I wanted it to be as simple as possible. Justin from VMP uses same set up and I follow much of what he does.

Thanks for the detailed response! Sounds like a good plan.

Which suspension option did you get? I got the Eibach coil overs and am wondering if I would see the same results as you.

They are the Eibach coil overs. I am just amazed at the handling difference, the feel of the ride, and the acceleration. I may have had something else wrong like my pinion angle but the car is smoother and better performing by a wide margin then when I got it back from the conversion.

Archived