TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will engine size effect collectibility?

Is engine size related to future collectibility in your opinions? I ordered the 525, but am wondering if the 624 is the better option in terms of future worth of the vehicle. I do not intend on tracking the car (maybe once).

The reason I opted for the smaller supercharged version is because I did not want to upgrade the suspension, cooling, etc. Wondering if it would be a better idea to upgrade to the 624 and see how I do with the other options once I get the vehicle on the road.

It's hard to tell right now what options will be more desirable in the future. I say get the HP level you want and have fun with the car. By the time it's collectable we will more then likely be long gone. Hope that helps.

Typically, the higher hp cars are more valuable, but I simply wanted the fastest, and now Im over 730hp at the crank by FRPP formula. I think I have the most hp of any 350 at this point, but Im sure someone else will try to do more....just a matter of time. The difference between the 525 and the 624, and my now 730 is all pulley and cai, and for the record, I didnt order mine with the cooling package, but plan to add it...not because it needs it as much as REALLY like the Shelby name showing through the bottom of the front fascia.happy%20feet.gif

Is engine size related to future collectibility in your opinions? I ordered the 525, but am wondering if the 624 is the better option in terms of future worth of the vehicle. I do not intend on tracking the car (maybe once).

The reason I opted for the smaller supercharged version is because I did not want to upgrade the suspension, cooling, etc. Wondering if it would be a better idea to upgrade to the 624 and see how I do with the other options once I get the vehicle on the road.

I would think it would be worth more with the 624 H.P as there will not be as many. But just do it & enjoy it & don`t worry.

Off boost, there is no difference in drive ability between the two.

In fact this car feels very sedate under normal driving. You barely have to touch the gas to go legal speeds.

Press the loud pedal though and you better hang on!

Off boost, there is no difference in drive ability between the two.

In fact this car feels very sedate under normal driving. You barely have to touch the gas to go legal speeds.

Press the loud pedal though and you better hang on!

Agree 100%

I also opted for the 525 hp supercharged version. I normally always get the bigger hp engine but the fact that the coyote engine is new and the 624 supercharged version voids your warranty, I decided on the 525 version. The 525 version was rated at 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, which is very fast. I love my car and the power and sound are outstanding! Do what you feel is right. Really there is no bad choice when buying a GT350.

Engine size or engine power? To my knowledge, the new GT350 uses a modified 5.0L, just with different options and power levels. I don't think either level with have a large effect on value later on. I mean, most guys who buy a high performance car want more power. The mere fact of having a GT350 will hold a certain collectible value.

On a side note, when I watch those 60s Shelbys with less than 20k miles come across the auction shows- part of me is amazed at the originality and cleanliness of the car, but another part of me feels sad for the previous owner who really missed out driving such a cool car.

Engine size or engine power? To my knowledge, the new GT350 uses a modified 5.0L, just with different options and power levels. I don't think either level with have a large effect on value later on. I mean, most guys who buy a high performance car want more power. The mere fact of having a GT350 will hold a certain collectible value.

On a side note, when I watch those 60s Shelbys with less than 20k miles come across the auction shows- part of me is amazed at the originality and cleanliness of the car, but another part of me feels sad for the previous owner who really missed out driving such a cool car.

Doesn't surprise me too much because a lot of guys have a few vehicles to drive, and probably don't take the 350 out unless the weather is nice. That's about 3 months a year for me in Wisconsin. :banghead:

thanks for all the good advice. Something tells me I am going to have some time yet before I need to make that final decision.

I also opted for the 525 hp supercharged version. I normally always get the bigger hp engine but the fact that the coyote engine is new and the 624 supercharged version voids your warranty, I decided on the 525 version. The 525 version was rated at 0-60 in 3.7 seconds, which is very fast. I love my car and the power and sound are outstanding! Do what you feel is right. Really there is no bad choice when buying a GT350.

Was it the 525 that had the 3.7 time?? I thought that was the 624. Anyone have any personal experience with these numbers??

Was it the 525 that had the 3.7 time?? I thought that was the 624. Anyone have any personal experience with these numbers??

Get the May 2011 Motor Trend edition. There are some really good articles on the Boss 302, Camaro ZL1, and the Shelby GT350. They tested the 525 supercharger and the results were 3.7 for 0-60, and 12.0 sec @121.4 mph for the quarter mile. All this information in on page 45.

Archived