TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby History Question

twobjshelbys

Gurney's birthday got me thinking.

Carroll has referred more than once to the fact that he and "a bunch of California Hotrodders" got the credit for the Cobra and subsequent Manufacturer's Cup (and the ongoing foray into the GT40 wins at LeMans.)

So the question is,

Who were the original members of the team of California Hotrodders?

I have an idea but not sure I'd capture them all.

• 3 weeks later...

Tony,

I need to burn you a copy of a DVD that I have which my buddy took with his home video camera. He was out at Paul Brown's place out in CA when Steele Therkleson was there doing a slide show and telling stories. There are pictures on there which nobody else has ever seen. Steele was a mechanic for Shelby through the mid 60's. It's pretty low quality, but there are some amazing shots and amazing stories told. I'll get you a copy. This is from last summer. Doug Kielian of AutoKraft (the builder of my Short Wheelbase Thunderbird and Lincoln Mark VIII) took the video. So it's video of the slide show on a screen and his stories in the back ground. I think that you will enjoy it quite a bit.

Tony,

I need to burn you a copy of a DVD that I have which my buddy took with his home video camera. He was out at Paul Brown's place out in CA when Steele Therkleson was there doing a slide show and telling stories. There are pictures on there which nobody else has ever seen. Steele was a mechanic for Shelby through the mid 60's. It's pretty low quality, but there are some amazing shots and amazing stories told. I'll get you a copy. This is from last summer. Doug Kielian of AutoKraft (the builder of my Short Wheelbase Thunderbird and Lincoln Mark VIII) took the video. So it's video of the slide show on a screen and his stories in the back ground. I think that you will enjoy it quite a bit.

Hmmm. Sounds like something that everyone in the CSBC might enjoy watching at a barbeque at the Jeff Garage Man Cave :)

Just joking.

Would love a copy. Let me know when you'll be at one of the breakfasts, but I'm only going to do the ones in the north this summer. I'm trying to hold the miles down on the Cobra since I'm trying to sell it.

Thanks!

Tony

Archived