TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW DEEP DRAW HOOD ? HOW ABOUT SOME INFO n HELP

Will there be a Deep Draw Hood discount for us SGT n GT/SC owners that came with the original hood scoops that had or will continue to have problems with the original Scoop or the Shop that tries to repair them several times N then us owners are still struggling to get the repair done right.

That being said, I know you at SAI all have tried to resolve these problems n at one time this Deep draw hood was about $ 800.00 and now there $ 1,200 plus.

So essential we are being charged for two hoods. The original one that came on the car that were sub OEM standards n now the New Deep Draw hood. Where does the buck and all this fustration stop ?

Respectfully,

Scotty

P.s. Are these new hoods that are prepped or will it cost a thousand plus for prep n $ 600 to paint ? How much would you charge to prep paint and stripe my new Deep Draw Hood and will it clear my Whipple 550 kit you installed ?

Thanks in advance for your responses SAI

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like the hood also but I highly doubt there will be any discount for us SGT owners unless they offer a SPP sale every now and then.

I enjoyed the code SIP2010 but that one is NULL and VOID now.

I would like the hood also but I highly doubt there will be any discount for us SGT owners unless they offer a SPP sale every now and then.

Your wife called Nordic............................she said you can't spend any more money on that car.

Your wife called Nordic............................she said you can't spend any more money on that car.

I think our new baby that is still inside her belly is knocking saying "Daddy save some of that money for me"

But then again theres always that secret stash cash can.

I would also like the new hood since i final have my original hood looking good , but i have already gotten a rock chip on one of the stripes and now i will have to tear the brand new scoop off to replace the stripe and then some how get that hood scoop fitted back on to the car by a body shop. I know that we all have had to deal with this scoop issue and it is a major p.i.a !!!. :banghead:

At least with the deep draw hood there is no issues of tearing off a hood scoop to deal with replacing a stripe. :happy feet:

Scotty

bumping for an answer. Is the new deep draw hood finished to a level of quality where it is not going to cost another 1,200 dollars to get it painted , striped ,and or How much will SAI modd shop charge m to install and paint, stripe it ?

Respectfully,

Scotty

bumping for an answer. Is the new deep draw hood finished to a level of quality where it is not going to cost another 1,200 dollars to get it painted , striped ,and or How much will SAI modd shop charge m to install and paint, stripe it ?

Respectfully,

Scotty

Bumpin for an answer from SAI to the above questions.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Scotty g.

Respectfully,

Scotty

Bumpin can we please get some answers !!!!

Just noticed the words at the top of this page....

How are we doing?

Team Shelby believes that the most effectual way for Shelby to improve its products and services is to listen to what you, our enthusiasts and customers have to say.

Please post here to share your comments, thoughts and opinions about Team Shelby, Shelby or SPP with us. Thanks - Robert Lane.

Customer Service is just a call away.

Shelby Performance Parts: 702.405.3500

Shelby Sales Office: 702.942.7325

or click here to e-mail us.

Have you tried calling and emailing?

Just noticed the words at the top of this page....

How are we doing?

Team Shelby believes that the most effectual way for Shelby to improve its products and services is to listen to what you, our enthusiasts and customers have to say.

Please post here to share your comments, thoughts and opinions about Team Shelby, Shelby or SPP with us. Thanks - Robert Lane.

Customer Service is just a call away.

Shelby Performance Parts: 702.405.3500

Shelby Sales Office: 702.942.7325

or click here to e-mail us.

Have you tried calling and emailing?

Unfortunately i have and nobody has returned my calls. I THINK THE THE KEY WORD IS " IMPROVE " CUSTOMER

SERVICE. :hysterical:

Cobra Scotty, I've had to wait for days just to get an email reply. However, when I call SPP, I usually get answers the same day. Sometimes, they have to call me back the next day.

I talked to Tim Hill yesterday and he is trying to get some answers. Tim is a great guy !!! :happy feet:

If my 5 month quest to get the proper white color match on my hood does not work out soon I my just do the whole car I figure 10 cans Krylon...:banghead:

:hysterical:

That's badass, but 10 cans won't do the whole car. I did a 1965 Ranchero a few years ago, and it took 24 rattle cans to do the whole car.

Everyone:

This may be a "dumb" question, but one I feel necessary to help eliminate confusion. The "DEEP DRAW" phrase indicates to me that there are actually openings in the hood to take advantage of cooler outside air. Where exactly are such openings? Are they in the front at the bottom of the "DEEP DRAW" or in a couple of side vents that must be opened in the hood like on the GT500's? I've seen nothing in the Shelby Performance Parts advertisements that answes these questions.

Has anyone actually bought and received one of these new hoods and if so why haven't a number of the fitment questions been resolved by our compadres. Questions, Questions, Questions???

Bob

4.6 SHLB

Hey Bob, I think I saw your car on the Mustang World website earlier today. Anyway, the deep draw hood is actually a heat extraction hood that's meant to move air out of the hot engine bay. The hood has three main advantages: 1) it releases underhood heat, 2) since its moving the air behind the radiator, air now flows easier through the radiator which aids in cooling, and 3) it releases pressure that can build up under the hood reducing lift and hood wobble.

I think most of the confusion comes from the same hood design being used on many different cars. To my knowledge there are two main designs. There was the original GT-H hood which was a styling feature without the vents. Then there was the same hood with vents as on the Terlingua. Recently, from what I'm told after 8 phone conversations with several sources, the newest hoods are slightly taller allowing for a little more room under it; for a supercharger or strut brace. Also, the newest hoods are supposedly much better quality than the original ones that were sold with the CS8 kits. I haven't been able to view a new one up close, but ALL of them are handlaid fiberglass.

Greg

They have always been hand laid fiberglass, the only difference besides what you have stated is the manufacturer.

The deep draw hood is not only a functional heat extractor hood, it also has functional cowl induction also.

They have always been hand laid fiberglass, the only difference besides what you have stated is the manufacturer.

The deep draw hood is not only a functional heat extractor hood, it also has functional cowl induction also.

Chris, that's what I said, the last sentence... they're all handlaid fiberglass. LOL.

Oh, that's true. They do have vents on the back edge also. I forgot about those.

Archived