TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinking and Thinking!

• 3 weeks later...

PM me an offer

KEEP your KR's BOTH of "youze Guize!" : > These ARE way too special to just flip in such a short time...plus, as many say, 'GOD FORBID!" IF anything ever happened to Mr. Shelby; you'll certainly WANT one of his Hallmark Creations IN your stable/garage...NOT "Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda" about the KR you HAD at one time....etc. etc. Hang Tough guys! My 2 cents...I don't talk much on here, but I know enough to recommend this. GOOD LUCK whatever you wind up doing.

Yeah, that is an option. I have reserved myself in purchasing a 5.0 next year or a V6 with a glass top.

Scotty,

Keep the KR and go and get yourself a new V6 vert to beat around in.

I rented one for the 2011 Shelby Bash and had a blast with it on the track. It's peppy enough, good on gas, and just plain fun with the top down.

Yeah, that is an option. I have reserved myself in purchasing a 5.0 next year or a V6 with a glass top.

Scotty,

Keep the KR and get a 5.0 and have SAI put the GTS package on it. You could even ask for the same CSM number on the GTS as your KR has.

Scotty,

Keep the KR and get a 5.0 and have SAI put the GTS package on it. You could even ask for the same CSM number on the GTS as your KR has.

The thing is I dont want to go crazy on my beat around Mustang. I just want a regular car to drive. I was going to purchase a 2006-09 mustang covertible V8 to beat around in but after seeing the prices I thought for a couple dollars more I could get a new one next year.

The KRs are about the coolest late model cars available. Unfortunately most of us get bored with a garage queen that occupies valuble space. That is why you see '07 or '08 muscle cars with a third or forth owner. Dumping it now is likely a good idea as it will probably not be worth more than it is currently with inflation considered in the equation. Why not have something just as fast or faster for less money that doesn't require white glove care. You'll need some great longevity genes and and a good deal of luck if you believe that your'e sitting on some type of an investment.

So your saying that a 2009 Vista KR will not be worth money in 5,10,20 years? If not I will sell it tomorrow.!

The KRs are about the coolest late model cars available. Unfortunately most of us get bored with a garage queen that occupies valuble space. That is why you see '07 or '08 muscle cars with a third or forth owner. Dumping it now is likely a good idea as it will probably not be worth more than it is currently with inflation considered in the equation. Why not have something just as fast or faster for less money that doesn't require white glove care. You'll need some great longevity genes and and a good deal of luck if you believe that your'e sitting on some type of an investment.

So your saying that a 2009 Vista KR will not be worth money in 5,10,20 years? If not I will sell it tomorrow.!

NO, that is not what I said. The car will likely have some degree of depreciation for the balance of those 20 years. What happens from that point is anyones guess. Keep in mind that there are costs of ownership during that period. The other side of that coin is the fact you do have the distinct pleasure of owning what many of us consider the best looking Mustang that has ever graced the streets. Tough to assign a dollar value to that aspect of the scenario.

Well your right but my ownership consists of 400 miles in 2 years.

NO, that is not what I said. The car will likely have some degree of depreciation for the balance of those 20 years. What happens from that point is anyones guess. Keep in mind that there are costs of ownership during that period. The other side of that coin is the fact you do have the distinct pleasure of owning what many of us consider the best looking Mustang that has ever graced the streets. Tough to assign a dollar value to that aspect of the scenario.

Archived