TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Installed My Shelby Airbag Cover Today

10SHELBY

I installed my signed airbag cover in my 2010 GT500 with electronics package. It took a while to figure things out but below is a short write up with photos. Remember to take your time. I took me about an hour.

This is what I did, use your best judgment!

1. I unhooked both battery terminals.

2. Remove the glove box cover. 4 screws located on the bottom and wiggle the glove box out.1.jpg

3. Unsnap the 2 rear plastic spring clips on the black module located below the air bag. I am not sure what this is however I think it may have something to do with the navigation package. Your car may or may not have it.

4. Slide the module back to release it and let it hang out of your way.

2.jpg

5. Reach in and unplug the airbag.

4. Remove the 2 bolts securing the airbag to the frame.

3.jpg

5. Push the 6 bottom clips holding the airbag cover inwards.

6. Then push the sides inwards.

7. The top is more difficult but it should come out with a little movement.

8. Apply a little force from the inside and outside, slowly pull on the cover. It should come right out.

9. Then set the cover and airbag cover on a soft surface so not to scratch it. Remove the airbag unit by prying the clips away from the cover.

10. Once you reassemble the airbag in the cover it should pop right back into the dash.

4.jpg

11. Reattach the 2 bolts that hold the cover, connect the airbag wires.

12. Slide the module in place and snap it back in place.

13. Reattach the 4 screws on the glove box.

14. Reattach the battery and that is it.

I hope this helps. Once again look at what you are doing and take your time.

Rudy

that looks so good !

You always can just buy another. I pity the poor buggers who have CS autographs on their 11-12 covers - only to upgrade to a 13-14 later. I might consider just swapping out the rest of the aluminum dash trim to match.

This is what I'd like to do since the Man signed my '12 cover...I now want it on my 13. Is it possible to swap the rest of the pieces to match the 12 finish? Does anyone know if it is a direct fit?

This is what I'd like to do since the Man signed my '12 cover...I now want it on my 13. Is it possible to swap the rest of the pieces to match the 12 finish? Does anyone know if it is a direct fit?

Should be.

That's what I will do then....Although I do like the finish of the 13 better, I like Mr. Shelby's actual signature the best.

It'd be nice if SA had a program to apply a silkscreen version of his autograph to 13-14 covers with some sort of embossed or embedded authenticity token for those who previously paid to obtain CS signatures.

For much less than the cost of replacing the bezels, autograph owners could have the best of both worlds. A bona fide signature in the car - and the ability to preserve the original in a display case. Heck, I'd even offer display cases made for the purpose.

I think few would blink at $250 per for such an elegant, thoughtful solution that treats a CS signature as a valuable item which only helps to preserve and enhance the entire brand.

Just my $.02

Archived