TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Grinding in reverse

My GT 500 is grinding when I put it in reverse!? It does not grind if I put it in first gear after I stop and then put it in reverse. Anybody else having this problem? Help!

I have the same problem. It started when I had the TSB performed on the tranny. I have always put it into 4th first and then put it into R. The reason is that the pilot bearing is spinning and putting into 4th will stop the pilot bearing; no synchro in R, but the other gears have it. I kick myself for not having the dealer fix it right away. I just thought it would loosen up over time. It didn't. Now I just live with the problem.

My GT 500 is grinding when I put it in reverse!? It does not grind if I put it in first gear after I stop and then put it in reverse. Anybody else having this problem? Help!

That is because reverse does not have a synro. You have to line it up by shifting to first then reverse. It will become a habit. You are grinding because you are trying too hard to put it in reverse.

Thanks for the input guys. Curt A I have a new clutch and pressure plate, I don't think that is the problem. I did not know reverse does not have a syncro. I just did not remember it doing this untill recently. So there is no way to fix this?

Archived