TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 White/Grey Stripes

goodwin74

Good day everyone! It's been a while since I been on here and I finally took possession of my car (well my wife have at least). I have a 2011 White/Grey Striped with just the Navi option. Are there any on the site or have anyone ever seen them out on the streets? I've searched the site with no luck and using Bing.com, I've managed to find one other. Is this just one of those terrible color combos that no one wants? I'm crazy for the color but just trying to get a lil input from you all out there. Oh, soon to come are my side window vents and full exhaust from Cooks.

post-30450-0-19533500-1302542850_thumb.jpg

post-30450-0-19533500-1302542850_thumb.jpg

Good day everyone! It's been a while since I been on here and I finally took possession of my car (well my wife have at least). I have a 2011 White/Grey Striped with just the Navi option. Are there any on the site or have anyone ever seen them out on the streets? I've searched the site with no luck and using Bing.com, I've managed to find one other. Is this just one of those terrible color combos that no one wants? I'm crazy for the color but just trying to get a lil input from you all out there. Oh, soon to come are my side window vents and full exhaust from Cooks.

Welcome to the forum. Is this a factory stripe or dealer added stripe>? In 2007 Performance White was offered with Blue stripes and Tungston gray stripes. The Tungston stripe was the 2nd most rare color combination other than stripe delete. they only made 61 of them. I owned one and they are drop dead gorgeous. It got converted to a 40th anniversary and the Tungston stripes were replaced with Special Shelby Satin Silver Stripes (SSSSS). If this is factory, you will have a very rare bird. Ford did not offer this combination in 08, 09, 0r 10. Congratulations, you have a beautiful car.

cobrafan

I think that combo looks great- I just wish our wheels were a bit darker like the SVTPP wheel color.....and I assume you meant "Kooks" exhaust?! :hysterical: Those stripes certainly almost look Sterling Grey - unless it's the lighting doing tricks on my eyes.

It is a Satin Silver stripe which is only offered on the base GT500. When you choose the GT500 with Satin Silver stripes, you are not allowed to get certain options. This worked out in my advantage because with not having the SVTPP I was able to obtain this color combo. I don't plan on any track time so this will work out just fine. I also owned all white cars throughout my life but the GT500 in white without stripes just looked as if it was missing a lot of things. The Satin Silver stripe really added the flare it needed. Sorry if I said Grey but I'm here in Afghanistan and I just wanted to ask a question and assumed that everyone would have figured out what I meant. But I have looked online and only managed to see one other person with the same color/stripe on their vehicle. I also seen a couple at dealerships in Atlanta and St. Louis but as far as being owned by an individual, no.

I think that combo looks great- I just wish our wheels were a bit darker like the SVTPP wheel color.....and I assume you meant "Kooks" exhaust?! :hysterical: Those stripes certainly almost look Sterling Grey - unless it's the lighting doing tricks on my eyes.

Take it easy on me... It's 1:23am here in Afghanistan and I'm just trying to put something down on here instead of just being an on looker. Yes it's Kooks and I've probably got it wrong cause I was eating at the time... Sue me. But according to the window sticker they're Silver.

It is a Satin Silver stripe which is only offered on the base GT500. When you choose the GT500 with Satin Silver stripes, you are not allowed to get certain options. This worked out in my advantage because with not having the SVTPP I was able to obtain this color combo. I don't plan on any track time so this will work out just fine. I also owned all white cars throughout my life but the GT500 in white without stripes just looked as if it was missing a lot of things. The Satin Silver stripe really added the flare it needed. Sorry if I said Grey but I'm here in Afghanistan and I just wanted to ask a question and assumed that everyone would have figured out what I meant. But I have looked online and only managed to see one other person with the same color/stripe on their vehicle. I also seen a couple at dealerships in Atlanta and St. Louis but as far as being owned by an individual, no.

I would like to shake your hand and say THANKS !!! Your silver stripe is a really cool combo.

I personally prefer darker colors, but I have to admit that the white/silver looks very nice. Something about only a moderate amount of contrast between the colors. Good stuff!

Well now for the next step which is the exhaust and deciding if the side window covers are something I want to deal with. I have seen some that looks flush with the body but I cannot find where they are sold. I've seen them in my 5.0 magazines on other cars and every site i've been to have the same ones like the Cervini's.

Well now for the next step which is the exhaust and deciding if the side window covers are something I want to deal with. I have seen some that looks flush with the body but I cannot find where they are sold. I've seen them in my 5.0 magazines on other cars and every site i've been to have the same ones like the Cervini's.

I noticed that the new super snake does not come with the window scoops and I think it looks better. I prefer the stock look better than those scoops.

I'm not usually a fan of white but with the silver stripes it looks great! The silver just looks right at home, very sharp. The only white w silver I've ever seen seen was also in a dealership as a convertible.

post-31184-0-45680500-1302612229_thumb.jpg post-31184-0-16834500-1302612244_thumb.jpg

Good luck and enjoy your new ride!!!

post-31184-0-45680500-1302612229_thumb.jpg

post-31184-0-16834500-1302612244_thumb.jpg

I LOVE THAT COLOR COMBO!!! If my seats didn't have Grabber stripes in them, I'd think strongly about ditching the grabbers for silver. There's a Cali Special in the town I work in that's White with Silver and every time I see it I like it more (it doesn't hurt that a cute chick owns/drives it) :happy feet:

GREAT combo! Of course I'm a bit biased cause I own a white SGT with the silver stripes. I agree that it really looks good.

Thanks for your service and stay safe over there.

BTW - No one was being critical of you. Were more like family and we just like to give each other a hard time. :poke: Its all in good fun, no harm intended. When you get back you should contact John Farmer (Mr. Farmdog on here). He is the regional director for your area. It would be great to get that car out to some of the events as that must be one of the rarest color combos....

I know. We discussed things over PM. I'm just wore out cause I work 12 hours a day/ 7 days a week plus go to the gym daily and going to college. I'm burned out and the only cure for my blues is stepping foot in my 500 and leaving a nice long burnout for the first time. Then from that moment on, the car will be babied, thats until I decide it's time for more power then get my whipple 4.0.

My biggie is the exhaust right now. i want to swap it out but I want something not too obnoxious but with a deep growl along with making a lil power. I'm looking at Borla Atak but havent heard much about them on the 500's. any suggestions? Just to let you know, I want to have the cats and short tube headers. I was looking at the x pipe by leathal and just welding on some high flow cats myself since their setup is off road only.

Finally some pics.

DSC_0957.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0959.jpg

Hey looks just like mine...lol Except mine is a 2010. Congrats on a beautiful car! I know for 2010 only 60 were made with this color combo.

As for exhaust, I personally like the sound of the Corsa Touring axle-back. Great sound and not too obnoxious when you open it up, and no drone at highway speeds.

4824519590_69a1d19c70_b.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived