TEAM SHELBY FORUM

how does gt350 manage 3.7s 0-60?

Hey all,

I was reading the may motortrend magazine and it said that the gt350 only takes 3.7seconds to go from 0-60!

Now that is an amazing feat. But i am curious to know how it goes about doing it. The super snake did it in 4.1 seconds.

I cant figure out what mechanical differences would account for such a difference.

I know that the gt350 has less rear tire width and less power than the SS.

I think their test car had the watts link on it but surely a watts will allow THAT much better traction or ability to put the power down to the ground.

What do you guy think is the reason it can pull such a low 0-60?

Hey all,

I was reading the may motortrend magazine and it said that the gt350 only takes 3.7seconds to go from 0-60!

Now that is an amazing feat. But i am curious to know how it goes about doing it. The super snake did it in 4.1 seconds.

I cant figure out what mechanical differences would account for such a difference.

I know that the gt350 has less rear tire width and less power than the SS.

I think their test car had the watts link on it but surely a watts will allow THAT much better traction or ability to put the power down to the ground.

What do you guy think is the reason it can pull such a low 0-60?

Also, does anyone have performance info on the 624 in terms of 0-60 and in the 1/4?

I ran my brother's 624hp GT350 at the track in December. It was on a test and tune night about 40 degrees, very cold track (this was only the 7th total run of the night), stock tires, and I have only driven his car a couple of time. I got 2 passes with a best of 12.4992 @ 119.94 mph. I had a 2.24 60' so you know I left a lot on the table. We are going to get some drag radials and go back. I'm thinking with a few passes under my belt I could be low 11's maybe.

During the day with normal temps, this car absolutely hooks up so much better then a GT500. I can't say it is any one thing in particular, but even with the stock Goodyears this car is a rocketship! All the mods Shelby did seem to work perfectly together to defy logic. Several different magazines and tests have all put it at about the same 60' time.

this is a link to road and tracks testing of the GT350 with the 624HP version

0-60 is 4.2 sec w/ a 12.4 quarter.

Low track temps and slight increase in elevation would slightly hiinder performance right.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/var/ezflow_site/storage_RT_NEW/storage/original/application/539ee865599422b3cf9f2acf1fa4bf8b.pdf

Archived