TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sun Visor Sticker Covers

Rachane

What to do about those ugly, unremovable sunvisor stickers?

A little Googling came up with this. Seems like an easy, inexpensive fix. Anyone here use this product yet? Opinion?

The Shelby's interior color is officially "charcoal black". This company's stickers come in an assortment of colors, including that name. I have emailed the company to see if its CB matches Ford's CB, and will advise any reply here.

A little Googling came up with this. Seems like an easy, inexpensive fix. Anyone here use this product yet? Opinion?

The Shelby's interior color is officially "charcoal black". This company's stickers come in an assortment of colors, including that name. I have emailed the company to see if its CB matches Ford's CB, and will advise any reply here.

I'd order the color chart for $1.50 and then you can be absolutely certain to have the best match.

I'd order the color chart for $1.50 and then you can be absolutely certain to have the best match.

Printed color-charts can be a bit misleading; I thought I'd see what they say to the email query first. If they give thumb's-up, I'll probably spring for a set of the CBs and report on their color-match & quality here. [unless someone here has already "been there/done that".]

Sun Visor Solutions is sending me a complimentary color chart. Will report further ...

Are these covers that slip over the entire visor, or do they stick on? Are they permanent?

Are these covers that slip over the entire visor, or do they stick on? Are they permanent?

from the website apparently stickers that are cut to fit exactly over the red/white/yellow ones, and supposedly blending material/color, and supposedly permanent [although you could presumably peel them off]. The website shows various sizes for various labels [as on the front/back of the visors]. Will know more when I get a set.

from the website apparently stickers that are cut to fit exactly over the red/white/yellow ones, and supposedly blending material/color, and supposedly permanent [although you could presumably peel them off]. The website shows various sizes for various labels [as on the front/back of the visors]. Will know more when I get a set.

IMHO whatever you do will be worse than whats there now--unless its a PERFECT fit and match

please let me know what color ends up being the match. i leave my visor down at all times and would love to cover them with something like this. i was planning on getting vinyl to cover them but this make be a little better.

*update* i decided to go ahead and order the charcoal black set (H)3 1/8 x (L)4 3/4

will let everyone know how it goes.

Completely agree...

...but still interested to see how it turns out.

all i am worried about is what it is going to look like from outside looking in...it doesnt have to be a perfect match for that.

although i am sure it will be sicne i told them the exact size i needed and she also is sending me a color chart to be certain about the match before she sends me the product...which was very nice of them

IMHO whatever you do will be worse than whats there now--unless its a PERFECT fit and match.

The covering can be a little larger with no problem, of course- just not smaller. The key is a color-matched and texture-matched covering.

Almost nothing could be worse than those hideous red/white/yellow labels, however. :barf:

I was thinking of just peeling off the orginal factory stickers. Do they not just peel off? They have been on there for 3 years now

i did that with my last car--it leaves a really bad looking ring of glue--i tried to get that off with some label remover and it melted the soft plastic--then had to buy a new visor,with the labels

I've had pretty good luck just peeling the stickers off and removing the remaining glue with a lot of scrubbing with a large green pencil eraser. I tried the white erasers which are a bit softer and they aren't quite as effective.

Then, if one wanted to, he could cover what's left with a black Magic Marker.

Crude, but works pretty well.

Someday in the future collectors will be seeking visors with stickers so they can be all original...the ebay prices will soar...

Someday in the future collectors will be seeking visors with stickers so they can be all original...the ebay prices will soar...

Yep all those future owners already collect stickers so I can see this happening. :hysterical:

I know my little one loves her stickers.

heres a simple idea that might work for you--most engineers will design one part to perform multiple tasks--in looking at the visors, they seem to be the identical--so if you just switch the visors form one side to the ther, the inside becomes the outside. take alook and see if you agree--that way the stickers will only show outside

heres a simple idea that might work for you--most engineers will design one part to perform multiple tasks--in looking at the visors, they seem to be the identical--so if you just switch the visors form one side to the ther, the inside becomes the outside. take alook and see if you agree--that way the stickers will only show outside

lol but then the mirror will be on the opposite side as well

i decided to go ahead and order the charcoal black set (H)3 1/8 x (L)4 3/4.

I received the color chart today from Sunvisor Solutions. Their color "Charcoal Black #2469" is a perfect match for the 2011 Mustang's "Charcoal Black" visors, including the material and its pattern.

The sizes you ordered here would fit the red/white/yellow stickers exactly. However, in order to ensure that it is completely covered, I would recommend ordering the next size up, which would be 3-1/4"x5-1/2". That's what I'm ordering today.

i didnt order yet..she told me to wait until i got the color samples....i just replied to her and told her to go ahead and send the Charcoal Black #2469 and asked what do people usally do about sizes? i think a 1/4 - 1/2" in over would be plenty

i am pretty excited about getting these.

I received the color chart today from Sunvisor Solutions. Their color "Charcoal Black #2469" is a perfect match for the 2011 Mustang's "Charcoal Black" visors, including the material and its pattern.

The sizes you ordered here would fit the red/white/yellow stickers exactly. However, in order to ensure that it is completely covered, I would recommend ordering the next size up, which would be 3-1/4"x5-1/2". That's what I'm ordering today.

have to say they look very close--do they come with rounded corners like the ones on the car

• 2 weeks later...

O.K., everybody, this is a slam-dunk! :happy feet:

The SunVisor Solutions stickers arrived today, and it took about 15 seconds to peel & stick them. The color & fabric match is perfect, and the hideous red/white/yellow monstrosities just "disappeared".

I took "before" & "after" shots with my iPhone, appended below. The lighting for a photo in daylight is pretty uncooperative, but this was the best I could do.

When you buy these for a 2010-12 Shelby, order them in "Charcoal Black #2469" color. [On the webpage it just shows up as "Charcoal Black", I think.] Specify the size as 4"x6".

Previously above I recommended 3-1/4x5-1/2 because when I measured the red/yellow/whites, this seemed to allow for a little covering overlap. However when mine arrived, the height proved an exact fit with no space to spare. I got them on carefully and didn't have anything peeking through, but it makes more sense to just get the 4x6 and then you don't have to be "pinpoint".

Here are the photos ...

th_Before.jpg

th_After.jpg

Archived