TEAM SHELBY FORUM

supersnake 427 edition

does anyone know the final numbers produced in the 427 package?

Hello Leonel,

Welcome to Team Shelby....I know for a fact that the 427 package is no longer available, as for the numbers, when SAI has that info it will be announced... It hasn't yet...

Enjoy the site,

Alexandros

SAI Registrar GT 500

• 4 weeks later...

Steve Thornton from Shelby Registry sent me the below note regarding the subject:

Hello Jim

The easy part is the production numbers for the 427 cars as that model is no longer being produced and we have the final numbers tabulated. The Super Snake numbers are not so easy as this model is still in production so we haven't performed any number crunching as of yet. So lets start with the 427 cars.

Total 427 Nascar production was 202 cars. Out of those 202 cars, 173 of them were based on Super Snakes. Out of those 173 cars, 10 of them were blue like yours.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Thornton

SAI Registry Supervisor

Shelby American, Inc.

Las Vegas, NV

• 2 months later...

Steve Thornton from Shelby Registry sent me the below note regarding the subject:

Hello Jim

The easy part is the production numbers for the 427 cars as that model is no longer being produced and we have the final numbers tabulated. The Super Snake numbers are not so easy as this model is still in production so we haven't performed any number crunching as of yet. So lets start with the 427 cars.

Total 427 Nascar production was 202 cars. Out of those 202 cars, 173 of them were based on Super Snakes. Out of those 173 cars, 10 of them were blue like yours.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steven Thornton

SAI Registry Supervisor

Shelby American, Inc.

Las Vegas, NV

What about the remaining cars? 40th anniversary/ KR/GT-500 do you have that info?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, 202 total. 179 were based on the Super Snake (that was the original intent of Shelby; you had to have a Super Snake to add the 427 package). Then when the economy dumped, Shelby opened the 427 package to the world because of yes, PROFIT. So, 29 427 cars are out there that are plane jane base GT500s, GTs, etc. I didn't like the decision because it devalues the 427 Super Snakes that the package was intended for. But in the Shelby world, it's mostly about profit and not prosterity.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived