TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07H283

Hi forum!

As a new member I just wanted to stop in and say hello and add my anecdote to this particular vehicle's history.

We rented her from Hertz LAX in March 2008. Make a long story short, in spite of having a Hertz Gold reservation, there was NO GT-H waiting for us. We were told would be at least 45 minutes for it "to be ready" and if we didn't want to wait we could have another vehicle. Well that was just unacceptable! We were determined to leave with a Shelby!

When they finally presented #283, it was obvious why they were hesitant about giving us that car. She was in rough shape! We filled the rental report with notes about dents and defects on every panel. Even the "SHELBY" lettering across the trunk lid was defective and missing letters. (And ever since then, we have always referred to her affectionately as: 'The S elb ")

All cosmetic imperfections aside, The Selb drove like a dream. We had a blast driving to Disneyland, to Chino to visit the air museum, and all over Hollywood. We got lots of attention at stoplights. The most memorable inquiry was from an off-duty LAPD officer who wanted to know why this particular Shelby GT was a GT-"H" and we happily explained it's significance. Then he HAD to ask us what the car could do and of course when the light turned green we HAD to show him!

It was loads of fun. Good times!

r91l36.jpg

Welcome! Nice story. It's amazing how many people Shelby brought into this based on the rental car. They should do it again someday as I imagine there are many new Shelby owners because of this program. It sure suckered me in! Of course I've always been a Shelby fan, but after that rental experience, I had to own one!

Just noticed that you're in CO. Do you currently own a Shelby or other Mustangs?

Welcome! Nice story. It's amazing how many people Shelby brought into this based on the rental car. They should do it again someday as I imagine there are many new Shelby owners because of this program. It sure suckered me in! Of course I've always been a Shelby fan, but after that rental experience, I had to own one!

Just noticed that you're in CO. Do you currently own a Shelby or other Mustangs?

+1000

Hi Jeff,

As a matter of fact, #07H093 was delivered yesterday!! This is the first Mustang I have ever owned.

40th Birthday prezzie from the Husbandage. :) I have lots of dramatic pix of it being lowered off the "Curves ahead" 18-wheeler.

I still can't believe I have it. It is so beautiful. It is everything the seller promised and more.

Can I ask you a quick question? There is an open slot in the bezel/panel that surrounds the shifter handle. It's about an inch long, and to the right of the shifter. It just looks like it should have a cap or something? Or is it an opening that serves some purpose?

Thanks for your help!!

Nice! Congrats! Looks like you bought from Team Shelby member wannab! Looks like a great car. You will love it! The slot to the right of the shifter should have a plastic fill plate in it smooth to the surface. Does yours have a hole there? The piece of plastic may have been pushed in at some point. Should be able to replace that I would imagine.

Also, look up the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club. We try to meet up once a month at different restaurants around Denver. There's another Hertz vert in that group.

http://www.shelbybreakfastclub.org/index.php

Nice! Congrats! Looks like you bought from Team Shelby member wannab! Looks like a great car. You will love it! The slot to the right of the shifter should have a plastic fill plate in it smooth to the surface. Does yours have a hole there? The piece of plastic may have been pushed in at some point. Should be able to replace that I would imagine.

Also, look up the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club. We try to meet up once a month at different restaurants around Denver. There's another Hertz vert in that group.

http://www.shelbybreakfastclub.org/index.php

Thanks for the link! The Breakfast Club looks really cool.

Yes, Wannab was a great person to deal with. He really took care of the car and supplied us with a WEALTH of info, docs, etc. in a 3 ring binder. Found an unopened deck of Shelby Playing cards in the center console. Still going through everything.

Now on to search for that fill plate.

Thanks for the link! The Breakfast Club looks really cool.

Yes, Wannab was a great person to deal with. He really took care of the car and supplied us with a WEALTH of info, docs, etc. in a 3 ring binder. Found an unopened deck of Shelby Playing cards in the center console. Still going through everything.

Now on to search for that fill plate.

FORD Dealer should have this part

Archived