TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Washing your Shelby GT500

Super Snake

Am I the only one who constantly washes a perfectly clean car? I find myself cleaning the car after every ride. My wife thinks I've cracked.

OK who else has the same problem? :headspin:

Am I the only one who constantly washes a perfectly clean car? I find myself cleaning the car after every ride. My wife thinks I've cracked.

No, your not. I'm OCD nuts too.

Who's next?

We over here at Grabbers household :kuko: don't just wash a clean Shelby after every drive, but the GTCS gets the same treatment. :party:

I don't have my Shelby yet, so I've been obsessing over the garage floor. I've mopped it 3 times in the last two weeks.

"Ding;Ding;Ding, "we have a winner!"

I don't have my Shelby yet, so I've been obsessing over the garage floor. I've mopped it 3 times in the last two weeks.

What do you mean you don't have a Shelby yet. I saw pictures of your Shelby coming together on your garage floor the other day. :poke:

That's FUNNY :hysterical2:

Have you posted pics of your garage?

I vote for you to take Grabbers spot in the PSDS hall of fame

All member energy for rpretzel's car delivery

Yes, my garage is the first post in the Garage Pics thread. Unfortunately, those pics are already out of date. I rearranged it this weekend. I moved the work bench from the right side to the left side. It turns out my initial measurements didn't allow for a person actually using the stairs to the house entrance. :doh: Therefore, I had to move things around so the Shelby will now be parked in the single slot on the right. Of course, the rearranging meant another floor mopping.

Yes, my garage is the first post in the Garage Pics thread. Unfortunately, those pics are already out of date. I rearranged it this weekend. I moved the work bench from the right side to the left side. It turns out my initial measurements didn't allow for a person actually using the stairs to the house entrance. :doh: Therefore, I had to move things around so the Shelby will now be parked in the single slot on the right. Of course, the rearranging meant another floor mopping.

updated pix :happy feet:

Mops are cheap

Who do you think gave rpretzel's the new form of PSDS. (AKA Chronic PSDS) Grabber became infected with this new form of the disorder and has definatley passed it on to repretzel. :sos:

Who do you think gave rpretzel's the new form of PSDS. (AKA Chronic PSDS) Grabber became infected with this new form of the disorder and has definatley passed it on to repretzel. :sos:

I hear there is only one way to cure it :shift:

Ya ... me too ... worse yet .. when I clean it off . or opps .. dare i say .. dust it off ? :headspin: .... I really dont want to drive it ... All the time spent cleaning it .. just want to leave it in the garage and keep er pretty !

Since I don't have my Shelby yet, I obsess over my 9 year old truck with 96k miles on it. The finish looks better on it now than it did when it rolled off the factory floor (aside from a few dings and minor scratches, but, the actual finish is perty). Instead of washing it each time, I use a quick detailer spray like Griot's Garage speed shine. If the car is not really dirty, it does a good job and is safe for the paint. This will keep it very clean between washings and looking beautiful.

Badboy same way!!!!!!!!!! He will actually wash the car after he gets home from being on the road (working) and the car has been sitting...Now thats obsessive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yup::yup::yup:

No, I think I take the prize. I lived in my area for 11 years and have yet to see anyone wash a car on my street. I wash 3 vehicles almost everyweek, even in the winter and keep my litre bike clean all the time too. I added a hot water line in the garage and keep an extra hose in the basement in case my garage one does freeze. I'm known as Mr. Waxman by my coworkers as every

thing I have is always cleaned and regularly waxed. I'm sick :))

lwellmaker, i too am sick. if i am not washing my car, i am wiining it down with macquires quick detailer. i do need therapy. after every driving fix, i have to go into cleaning mode. 'disgusting', says my wife. she knows i am obsessed. oh well. i don't think i can be cured from this.

I also wash my car before I put it up after a cruz. I clean every inch of it. It still looks like it did when it sat on the showroom floor and I have 2200 miles on it.

I wash mine after ecery drive, or at least use some detailer.

Drove it today and what is killing is that I seem to have come down with the flu and an't get out to the garage to clean it.

My baby even made me some warm chocolate puddin..................

I truly don' deserve her.

CB

I have the same sickness, I spent an hour and a half cleaning my car this morning and then drove it to napa about 30 miles and then back home. Can anyone guess where I will be tomorrow morning before I drive it again, hahaha!!!

I have the same sickness, I spent an hour and a half cleaning my car this morning and then drove it to napa about 30 miles and then back home. Can anyone guess where I will be tomorrow morning before I drive it again, hahaha!!!

I need to live closer to some people like you so you can wash my car too:)

Seriously though, I have not been the best at washing cars but I am trying to keep this one pristine. I took it to a professional detailer to have it cleaned and prepped instead of letting the dealer wash it. They also clayed and fixed some areas in the paint that were polished out at Ford. There were about five areas where they touched it up. You could tell by the haze in the paint and the compound still in the cracks around the hood, hood vent, etc. Black shows every water spot and imperfection so I want to be careful with it and keep it as nice as I can.

While I am a novice at true detailing, perhaps some of you can answer a few questions for me.

What soap do you use?

What do you use to dry your car?

How do you keep your engine clean?

What / how do you clean your rims?

Thanks for any suggestions or tips you may have.

Seriously though, I have not been the best at washing cars but I am trying to keep this one pristine. I took it to a professional detailer to have it cleaned and prepped instead of letting the dealer wash it. They also clayed and fixed some areas in the paint that were polished out at Ford. There were about five areas where they touched it up. You could tell by the haze in the paint and the compound still in the cracks around the hood, hood vent, etc. Black shows every water spot and imperfection so I want to be careful with it and keep it as nice as I can.

While I am a novice at true detailing, perhaps some of you can answer a few questions for me.

What soap do you use?

Use steel wool and a belt sander.

Nothing shines like 30grit.

:hysterical2: :banana piano:

What soap do you use?

I use griot's garage products. They are expensive, but, seem to care about your paint finish and the customers. They tend to bend over backward to keep you happy. They also do tech sessions in certain areas of the country. There is one coming up in Indiana April 27/28. I am planning to attend.

website

Any made for car wash soap should do. I tend to like the name brands like griots, mcguiars, mothers, etc.

I use a good (emphasis) quality microfiber towel. You will get arguments as to what the best is (Cotton/microfiber/chamois,etc.). Keep several coats of wax on it and it should be fairly well protected from whatever you use.

griots has engine cleaner and dressing as well as brushes.

treat your rims just like paint. they are clear coated. wash with gentle car wash and sponges/brushes. wax regularly. clay when needed.

treat your rims just like paint. they are clear coated. wash with gentle car wash and sponges/brushes. wax regularly. clay when needed.

I never thought about claying the rims... but they probably would need it more than the rest of the car.

Archived