TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet and Greet

Orf

We're taking the Rufstang up to Elizabeth City on the 10th for a Shine and Show with the guys from Chrome Pony's.

Bring your Vert down there and we'll see what's what!

Winner buys dinner.

Seafood Talks and B.S. walks :hysterical2:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need the exact dates for the Oct meet and greet. :rant:

It looks like Oct 20th is about 80% for me, with Oct 13th at about 20%, right now.

Don't plan with regard to my schedule. If another weekend works better, go with it.

It looks like Oct 20th is about 80% for me, with Oct 13th at about 20%, right now.

Don't plan with regard to my schedule. If another weekend works better, go with it.

Just send me the keys to that house since you seem to be so flakey ! :hysterical2:

How about this? I'll let you know sometime next week when I will be down there.

That will work fine. I want to make my plane trip res. early and I need to shift a couple vacation request days around ahead of schedule to be able to make it.

I need the exact dates for the Oct meet and greet. :rant:

Rob - if Snoop's not going to be around - you're welcome to stay with us. :happy feet:

And - if Orf's not sure about his schedule - we can rent a house on the Banks. I have a colleage who has one.

Rob - if Snoop's not going to be around - you're welcome to stay with us. :happy feet:

And - if Orf's not sure about his schedule - we can rent a house on the Banks. I have a colleage who has one.

Since he won't be around, I will see if I can rent his GT500 from Grandma for $50 bucks a day.

:idea:

Is it her car? I thought as much.

:hysterical2:

She knows where an extra set of keys are stashed. I can sweet talk her to letting us have them. We will have to wash the car and you will have to do the rims.

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Should we start a thread on this?

Will this be like last time? Fri & Sat?

Can we drive on the beach?

How about a fixed-position video of all of us doing the 1-2 shift (one at a time!)?

Man - do I need to look forward to this gathering! :happy feet:

Hi Mark - it's open to all!! Be great if you could attend. We have some fun - no doubt.

We're about an hour east of I-95. (probably 45 mins for you!) If you can come for lunch - you won't be buying! We have a great spot (my favorite) on the river downtown (ask Alloy Dave about it!) that has great sandwiches and seafood. It's a Tiki Bar. :happy feet:

Let me know if and when you're coming so I can arrange for coverage for my classes.

It would be great to meet y'all.

Ruf

You gonna have new tires/rims on for Oct?

Already have new tires. Can't find any rims that please me enough to swap out yet. I'm in the process of investigating stock type rims for the rear that are 11" wide. Just waiting on some info from a member who shall remain nameless.

One of our newer members, NCMustangFanatic, is going to try and join up with us!

Christine and I are going to meet him and his wife when we take Christine to Super Doc in Winston-Salem next month.

Roger. I caught that over on Channel 19.

Hi Mark - it's open to all!! Be great if you could attend. We have some fun - no doubt.

We're about an hour east of I-95. (probably 45 mins for you!) If you can come for lunch - you won't be buying! We have a great spot (my favorite) on the river downtown (ask Alloy Dave about it!) that has great sandwiches and seafood. It's a Tiki Bar. :happy feet:

Let me know if and when you're coming so I can arrange for coverage for my classes.

It would be great to meet y'all.

Ruf

That sounds great! What exit off of I-95 are you so I can look at a map for planning. You can PM me if you want. We are keeping an eye on Hurricane Dean so things can change but it seems it will go to Mexico. We are leaving on Tuesday and plan on arriving in Providence late Thursday or mid day Friday. I will confirm this with Jim also. He has added some new mirrors and sweet looking rims to his Shelby.

Mark

That sounds great! What exit off of I-95 are you so I can look at a map for planning. You can PM me if you want. We are keeping an eye on Hurricane Dean so things can change but it seems it will go to Mexico. We are leaving on Tuesday and plan on arriving in Providence late Thursday or mid day Friday. I will confirm this with Jim also. He has added some new mirrors and sweet looking rims to his Shelby.

Mark

Great! You would take the exit for 264 East off 95. (Look for Greenville NC - then go east about 30 miles) That route goes straight to Washington. (might want to Mapquest us - 104 Lawson Road - Washington NC 27889) Very easy to find us. We seem to be a Mustang re-fueling stop for anyone running up and down 95!! I'm not sure how far down in FL you are - but from here, you're probably 11 1/2 hours to Prov. I can make NYC in 9 hours from here. (depending on traffic). Perhaps you'd want to stay over here as a mid-point? Badboy and company stayed here at the Comfort Inn. Very safe. And you could leave your cars at the house overnight if you like - and we'd take you back & forth.

I wonder if the Ford GT rears 19x11.5s would fit? They should clear the brakes fine but might just be too wide in general. I ad hheard the Ford GT fronts would fit, but it turns out they're 18x9s ...too narrow.

I was wondering the same thing! After seeing that Ford GT in Dearborn I was thinking how cool it would be to just stick those puppies on the GT500! Those rears have some MEAT on them!

Those spec's Dave figured out that I posted were the spec's for the Ford GT wheels

Here they are again:

Package Dimensions: 12.00H x 20.00W x 20.00D

Weight: 30.00#

Catalog Page: 37

Instruction Sheet: N/A

Warranty Available: No

M-1007-GTF*

Optional forged front wheel available on 2005-06 Ford GT

Open lug design

5-lug, 4.50" bolt circle

6.90" backspacing

50mm offset