TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet and Greet

Orf

A few of us got together last October and we're looking to do it again next month. Thread

Since Tax Day falls on a Sunday this year, you get an extra day to file your taxes. What better way to spend that extra day than to mingle with other Mustangs and their owners. Even though I posted this in the GT500 section, all mustangs are welcome to show up.

We'll be shooting for April 14th, in or around Kitty Hawk, NC. Let me know via PM or this thread if you might be interested.

***Edit for Atendees***

Attendees:

Rufdraft + Christine

Grabber

SCGT500 + SCGT500 Co Pilot

Mastersmech1 + Mastersmech1 Co Pilot

Three Cobras + Three Cobras Co Pilot

Markham51 + Markham51 Co Pilot

Orf

***Edit for Schedule***

Nothing Could Be Finer Than To Be In Carolina ...

Friday, April 13th, 2007

Friday the 13th – bad luck for the sleepy residents of the preseason Outer Banks.

6:00 pm: Early Bird Meet at the Outer Banks Mall parking lot, MP 14, in Nags Head.

6:30 pm - 6:45 pm: Cruise to Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe.

7:00 pm – 7:30 pm: Gather at the bar for more mingling.

7:30 pm – 9:30 pm?: Dinner.

9:30 pm: Leave Basnight’s, hopefully no worse than the way we found it.

Saturday, April 14th, 2007

9:00 am – 12:00 pm: Roanoke Island Festival Park. Meet and Greet. Photo and Video shoot. Begin telling various and sundry tall tales.

12:00 pm – 12:15 pm: Cruise to Sonic – a tribute to the fall meeting.

12:15 pm – 1:00 pm: Eat an unhealthy lunch. Tell more tall tales.

1:00 pm – 2:30 pm: Bull Run down NC Hwy 12 from Nags Head to the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.

2:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Photo and Video. Tell even more tall tales.

3:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Return to Kitty Hawk. Allow for more photo ops, i.e. Oregon Inlet Bridge, Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge, etc.

6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Gather at The Black Pelican bar. Tell the tallest tales of the day..

7:30 pm – 9:30 pm?: Dinner.

9:30 pm: Leave the Black Pelican, hopefully no worse than the way we found it.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A few of us got together last October and we're looking to do it again next month. Thread

Since Tax Day falls on a Sunday this year, you get an extra day to file your taxes. What better way to spend that extra day than to mingle with other Mustangs and their owners. Even though I posted this in the GT500 section, all mustangs are welcome to show up.

We'll be shooting for April 14th, in or around Kitty Hawk, NC. Let me know via PM or this thread if you might be interested.

:drop: that would be a LOOOOOOONG drive for me. I'd love to do it, but I'll need to find a closer place....maybe someone else can suggest a group in the midwest....I like St. Louis. :idea:

Ruf2 will be on site! :hyper:

Time to shop for a new beach thong!! :hysterical2:

Those of us who attended last year are still trying to recover. :hysterical2:

I recommend a lime green version for this year events.

Orf - Glad to see you're planning this out again. Last year was really nice getting to know a few from this forum. As you know Bill put much of your advice from that weekend to good use.

Great friends, good times and nice cars always make for a wonderful get together. Looking forward to seeing you again, with the car this time around.

Thanks, Co Pilot. It will be another good day, hopefully with some new people added to the same crew from last year.

Bill and I will have to take a look at how the heat damage has progressed. Yes, I still think it's heat related.

I may just have a surprise or two up my sleeve, too.

Great, 3C's :hyper:

Another 700 hp Pro-Stock Mustang to toy with me.......

I may have to resort to NOS. :happy feet:

3C's will not be afraid to use his power something tells me. Met he and his wife this past weekend at the local Jeno's get together. Really nice people and I'm sure will add much fun to the day.

Ruf, I'm much better at co piloting these monster machines now. You don't need the NOS. There's still some GT500 drivers out there that just don't use all the power they purchased. :hysterical2: I'd be proud to co pilot your machine against them, Hun.

You can be my Co-Pilot anytime, Sally! :hyper:

Let's ride. :spiteful:

Ruf's got a few things in his favor - like...or...and maybe....Experience! Yeah, that's it. Experience, I tell ya! Spin your tires. Listen to your "wweeeeee" blower sounds. We gone, baby! :shift:

Your drive is maybe 4 hours longer than mine. Probably only 3 and a half. Then again, mine is about 8 hours.

Mapquest says I can make it in 44 hours and 24 minutes if I drive straight thru. :drop:

Wish I could go. :cry:

Archived