TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Meet and Greet

Orf

Hi y'all.

Christine and I are back home.

She collapsed today on the lawn of our photo shoot in Manteo.

Orf's mother took her back to the house in Southern Shores.

After lunch with the gang at Sonic - I went to check on her and after seeing her, decided it was time to get her home and close to her doctors. She slept all the way home and is now asleep on a sofa in the family room.

I'll be calling her neuro-doc in the morning and see if he needs to see her.

The poor kid hopefully just used up too much energy yesterday and today. Her MS has severly reduced how much she can do - but she doesn't want to stop having fun like she used to.

I hated to leave early - but I didn't want to risk another episode so far from home.

That said - What a time we had!!!

I'm not going to describe all we did - I'll let some of the others have some fun, too. (and I have to get dinner going soon!)

But - we did a lot!

Secrets were revealed. Copius amounts of seafood was consumed. Much rubber was applied to Route 12 up and down the Banks. Laughter was nonstop. Smiles were frequent. New friends were made. Thongs were abundant. Ladders were climbed. Residents of Manteo trembled. Shelby's were airborne on the Nag's Head Bridge. Babies cried. Pedestrians covered their ears. Traffic signals were useless. Enough photos were taken to occupy the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan. Thongs were even on anntennas. We even had air support while dining at the Sonic.

And - Rob's face will probably be sore from so much smiling. As we were in formation headed toward the Sonic joint for lunch, MM's white Shelby GT came screaming past me (as in fly-by) and when I looked over, Grabber was driving!! :hysterical2:

Much more to come on this thread.

Thanks to everyone who came - for the fellowship - for the friendship - for the support - and the fun. We have GOT to do this again.

Rob - Christine wanted me to thank you for your very heartfelt gesture this afternoon. What you did gave her comfort when she felt so...afraid.

More later on -

Ruf

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi y'all.

After lunch with the gang at Sonic - I went to check on her and after seeing her, decided it was time to get her home and close to her doctors. She slept all the way home and is now asleep on a sofa in the family room.

The poor kid hopefully just used up too much energy yesterday and today. Her MS has severly reduced how much she can do - but she doesn't want to stop having fun like she used to.

I hated to leave early - but I didn't want to risk another episode so far from home.

I'm not going to describe all we did - I'll let some of the others have some fun, too. (and I have to get dinner going soon!)

But - we did a lot!

Secrets were revealed. Copius amounts of seafood was consumed. Much rubber was applied to Route 12 up and down the Banks. Laughter was nonstop. Smiles were frequent. New friends were made. Thongs were abundant. Ladders were climbed. Residents of Manteo trembled. Shelby's were airborne on the Nag's Head Bridge. Babies cried. Pedestrians covered their ears. Traffic signals were useless. Enough photos were taken to occupy the Metropolitan Museum of Art in Manhattan. Thongs were even on anntennas. We even had air support while dining at the Sonic.

And - Rob's face will probably be sore from so much smiling. As we were in formation headed toward the Sonic joint for lunch, MM's white Shelby GT came screaming past me (as in fly-by) and when I looked over, Grabber was driving!! :hysterical2:

Thanks to everyone who came - for the fellowship - for the friendship - for the support - and the fun. We have GOT to do this again.

Rob - Christine wanted me to thank you for your very heartfelt gesture this afternoon. What you did gave her comfort when she felt so...afraid.

More later on -

Ruf

Ruf-----really hope Christine is feeling better.

Make her a nice supper and get her to her doctors tomorrow...

So glad to hear you all had a good time!!!

When are the pictures coming????

Judy

Hi y'all.

But - we did a lot!

More later on -

Ruf

Sorry to hear your time got cut short early, Ruf, but you did the right thing. Take good care of your lady!

Sounds like it was a blast!

Looking forward to the pictures & more stories.

- Tony

Hi y'all.

But - we did a lot!

More later on -

Ruf

Man, my heart skipped a beat when I read this post. I hope every thing is ok Ruf. I'm sure it was just all the excitement of the two days that got to her. She probably just needed to rest and take a break. I'll keep Christine in my prayers.

Glad to hear you guys had a blast, sure wish I could have been there!!!

I woke her up about a half hour ago for some dinner.

She's fine - just exhausted.

We need to find her boundries so this won't happen again.

Good thing we came home. She needed lots of rest. She scared me today.

There's a lot more to come on this thread. I'm going to keep quiet for a while and let some of the others share their reflections.

A Big Time, Daddy! :hysterical2:

There's a lot more to come on this thread. I'm going to keep quiet for a while and let some of the others share their reflections.

Glad every thing is okay Ruf.

Now we need pictures!!!! :hyper:

Hi y'all.

But - we did a lot!

More later on -

Ruf

Hey Ruf,

Sorry to hear about Christine..I hope she is feeling better now that she has rested alittle....you did the right thing (as you already know) by getting her home close to the doctors!!! Our thoughts are with you....Take good care of her..Glad you had a great time....Cant wait to see the pics and hear about all the secrets!!! As I have said before, hopefully Badboy and I can make it next year...Only time will tell...Take care and we will be thinking of you and Christine.

Thanks, Marilyn

She now has a fever of 101.5.

But we'll get all this sorted out.

Orf gave her a ride this morning in his Vert! She loves going fast. It was drizzling, so he couldn't really show her how quick his car is - but she still liked it.

Thanks for your concern.

And we hope you and Monster Boy can join us next time we gather.

Well, seems like there was enough thrills and chills to be had at Nag's Head. How did the photo shoot go?

Hope your Co-Pilot is getting better Ruf

She'll be fine. We have the best docs watching her back.

Everyone made her feel so welcome she said.

That made me feel good.

Photo shoot was spectacular. We used the whole 3 hours at the Festival Park - moving the cars around and socializing. As you'll see over the next few days, the settting was great.

My buds from the Chrome Pony Mustang Club in Elizabeth City, NC said they had a great time (3 of them).

I don't want to spoil any surpises - but trust me - you're going to see a lot of cool pics of the cars and a lot of funny pics of those in attendance!

Especially some pics/vids of a private plane that orbited while we had lunch today at Sonic. A very big hearted guy made something very special happen!

RUF, tell Christine to relax and let the RUFmeister spoil her for a day or so until she recovers her energy. Hope she feels better every day.

Glad you had fun...I'm still reading all the posts.

Dave

Thanks, Dave!

I made her some dinner - and I'm watching her fever now.

Grabber is amazing with his Blueberry! :hysterical2:

Today, he showed me how he can just be standing around and post on these threads! (or in a car - going too fast, apparently..)

I think by the time he gets home, he'll need a couple of days off! :hysterical2:

And - this site is in for some great posts from this gathering.

Everyone got along - and had so much fun.

I hope this weekend inspires others to do the same.

ruf

I wante to let ya all know that SCGT & Co-Pilot and myself made it home safe an sound to there house. The car is unloaded and it is time to hit the rack soon. What a week end. My flight leaves at 12:48 tomorrow, so I will have some time in the morning to post... :hysterical: I mean visit with SCGT.

Ruf,

I am glad that you stayed back to comfort your girl. She is a sweetheart, and you did the right thing. At tonights dinner, I gave a special thanks to SCGT, Orf, and was not able to give that same thanks to you. You 4 guys made a trip possible for me that I will never forget. It was so fun, and I will be comming again. You alls friendship is priceless.

Orf has some photos and videos that are going to rock this site to it's core. From 1 to 10, I rate this trip a 10.

Ruf,

I don't care how much fun was had this weekend, I want a doctor checking on Christine right now! I just got home about 1/2 hr ago & my night went from shitty to OMG. Please get her to a doctor ASAP, MS is not something you want to just wait & see how she does overnight. I love you & your wife & I want you to know that things like this need medical attention no matter how minor we think or they think it is. If you don't do it for me do it for your daughter, she's the only mother she will know & love.

I will say several prayers for you & your family tonight before I go to bed & I expect a FULL report in the morning & THAT'S AN ORDER!

God bless,

Rodney

I forgot to mention that MM is racing us right now. Not kidding either.

Yee Haa...Rob, we had a great time. It was great to meet you. You are a great guy and I am glad to call you my friend. Ruf, keep me posted on Christine, that scared the $h!t out of me today. I'm sure things are going to be ok. As always, let me know if I can help. Orf...you are the man. Bill...bring that pulley on, I've got the weight advantage like Orf :hysterical2: (John) Three Cobras...It was great tom meet you and wifey...can't wait to hang out with ya'll in Richmond. Mark...you are a great guy and a gentleman...I can't wait to hook up with you and the misses again and tear up some asphalt. Co Pilot thanks for flashing me and Grabber today, you made our trip. :hysterical::hysterical2: Chrome Pony Dudes...ya'll are welcome anytime. Last but not least, thanks to Orf's mom for her hospitality.

We had one he!! of a weekend. I can't wait till next time. Thanks for the good times and memories everyone. Orf has lots of pics and video coming.

Ruf, hope Christine's doing better today -- listen to Coldwater and JBAH... just to be safe.

Christine will be in my prayers... God bless.

---------------

This thread is such a wonderfull testament to good people, community and friendship -- thank you all for sharing ...can't wait for the pics to come!

And, whew, now I can forget about all those secrets ...gotta be carfull not to say this to that one, and that to this one, ..it's such a burden to be in all those loops!! :hysterical2:

You all rock!!! :rockon: ...and safe-home all.

And Orf, thanks for the tour-guide approach complete with click-thrus on everything -- even Nag's Head Sonic!!!! Man, does AAA know they have stiff competition!!!

Cheerz to all!!!

Dan

Christine sounds like a trooper. :angel:

She knew how much this gathring meant to all the guys and gals on the forum.

She graciously joined Ruf in this grand experience, and I join all of you in your prayers and concerns for Christine.

I just spent over an hour gathering my thoughts and putting them into a very special post only to have it disappear into the world of "GONE". :rant::rant::rant:

I'm off to make lots of pots of coffee to work me through this bad, bad situation.

Rob is awake and will now take over the computer!!!

I will try to recreate my loving, thoughtful, very wordy post later today. :rant:

Just a brief update before I make some coffee.

I called Christine's primary care doc this morning (family friend) and explained what happened.

Since her fever went down before bed, doc said not to worry. We'll call neuro-doc on Monday.

She's upstairs asleep.

Thanks for caring.

ruf

Just a brief update before I make some coffee.

I called Christine's primary care doc this morning (family friend) and explained what happened.

Since her fever went down before bed, doc said not to worry. We'll call neuro-doc on Monday.

She's upstairs asleep.

Thanks for caring.

ruf

:read: My prayers are with you and your family, wish I could've made the trip would like to meet everyone, anyway take care of Christine and glad you had a good time with everyone.

Archived