TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Product Announcement: Shelby GT500 Brake Duct Kit Now Available

Shelby GT500 (07-09) Front Brake Duct Kit

S7M-2005-C-2.jpg

Designed by Shelby American for usage on the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 (including KR and SuperSnake), our front brake duct kit is perfect for racing situations. The backing plates are made from aluminum and powder coated black. The plates themselves feature the famous "CS" logo, which is laser cut into each side.

Our GT500 front brake duct kit was designed to direct cooler air from the outside to the front brakes to reduce brake temperatures, which results in:

• Longer wheel bearing life.

• Longer brake pad and rotor life.

• Cooler brake temperatures.

This kit includes all necessary hardware, however, will require the usage of the GT500KR lower grille, which can be found here. They also require GT500KR lower grille bezels, which can be found here.

Applications:

2007-2009 Shelby GT500, GT500KR and SuperSnake.

Order Information:

Click here to order or call 702.405.3500

Installation Instructions:

Click here to download installation instructions.

Genuine Shelby American

Release date:

New product release: 06 April 2011.

Made in the U.S.A.

The 2010-2012 lower grille was changed. While we have the jig made to drill the correct angles, the inlet hole is totally different.

The good news is that SPP is getting a dedicated test car. . .or two so that product development time will no longer be shared.

The 2010+ duct kit is on the top of our list.

Are you going to have a set for the GT?

This will work on a Shelby GT / Mustang GT / V6 Mustang / Terlingua as well same wheel brake setup,( you have to trust me on this ) ,only the brake ducts are different in the front bumpers , :shift: " with much respect " ,,,Mustangs are just Mustangs ,same car ,,,I'll post some pictures of my install after I'm done.

This will work on a Shelby GT / Mustang GT / V6 Mustang / Terlingua as well same wheel brake setup,( you have to trust me on this ) ,only the brake ducts are different in the front bumpers , :shift: " with much respect " ,,,Mustangs are just Mustangs ,same car ,,,I'll post some pictures of my install after I'm done.

Correct. The only difference is how the hose mounts into the front lower fascia. We have aluminum SGT pieces all here. We just to test it out.

Looks like my post was deleted. Can you explain the difference between the kit that FFRP offers for the KR and your kit? I haven't purchased on yet, although I have grille and want to know the difference.

The 2010-2012 lower grille was changed. While we have the jig made to drill the correct angles, the inlet hole is totally different.

The good news is that SPP is getting a dedicated test car. . .or two so that product development time will no longer be shared.

thank you! keep us posted

Is a full test car required - or just the grille section through which holes would be drilled and bezels mounted?

Robert, if I read these posts correctly, you are testing a setup for the Shelby GT. If I'm correct, and when it is offered for sale, I assume that it will be available with ducts that are compatible w/ the Shelby GT?

Thanks.

Looks like my post was deleted. Can you explain the difference between the kit that FFRP offers for the KR and your kit? I haven't purchased on yet, although I have grille and want to know the difference.

Posts cannot be deleted on TS, only hidden. If a post is hidden, it will appear as a pink block that only moderators can see. This topic doesn't contain such. You must have posted in a different thread.

Let me check the KR kit specifically on Monday and I'll report my findings here.

Is a full test car required - or just the grille section through which holes would be drilled and bezels mounted?

The GT500s in particular have part of the duct work molded into the lower fascia itself...see more of my answer below:

The instructions on the bezels say you can cut the holes.

You can cut your own holes, but it's tough as part of the ducts are cast into the lower fascia itself. The trick is the get the correct angle for the bezel and fascia to align. We made our own jigs for this purpose. The 2010-2012 jig different.

Robert, if I read these posts correctly, you are testing a setup for the Shelby GT. If I'm correct, and when it is offered for sale, I assume that it will be available with ducts that are compatible w/ the Shelby GT?

Thanks.

Yes, we are working on a SGT version. We have aluminum test pieces made, so we need to check their fitment and make a new set of instructions.

Yes, we are working on a SGT version. We have aluminum test pieces made, so we need to check their fitment and make a new set of instructions.

Robert

ROBERT

I already have on my '07 SGT/SC the inserts with the PIAA lights/front brake cooling intakes. All I need is this kit, however I understand the passenger side will not function because of the KB SC air inlet being in the way. Am I correct with all this info?

Grady

Shelby GT500 (07-09) Front Brake Duct Kit

Designed by Shelby American for usage on the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 (including KR and SuperSnake), our front brake duct kit is perfect for racing situations. The backing plates are made from aluminum and powder coated black. The plates themselves feature the famous "CS" logo, which is laser cut into each side.

<SNIP>

Applications:

2007-2009 Shelby GT500, GT500KR and SuperSnake.

<SNIP>

Installation Instructions:

Click here to download installation instructions.

Robert,

I realize the application says your brake duct kit fits the GT500KR and the GT500 Super Snake but the instruction sheet shows it being installed on a car with OE Brembo front brake calipers.

I just tried to fit my FRPP 2" backing plates onto my car with the Shelby 6S rotors and the rotors rub on the backing plate so apparently the (old style) FRPP brake duct kit does NOT work with the Shelby/Baer 6S front brakes.

Does this new item work with the Baer 6S brakes (the rotors, in particular)???

Thanks,

Phill Pollard

Here's what the GT ones are shaping up to look like:

66396.jpg

COOL, :happy feet: ,,just asking when,,what year ???, :hysterical: ,,just kidding,,can we start a order list now,,of how many people want these, ,what kinda price we talking ,,and will these work or can all of us that still have the old CS brake bezels duct housing ,can these be moded into that bezel housing so I can keep my lower PIAA lights,, thanks for any reply Robert,,,Respectfully Richard Switzer :shift:140103-R1-01-0A.jpg

140103-R1-01-0A.jpg

Archived