TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Does anyone have it hooked up to their car? Honestly I probably never use it but I want it more for looks at car shows and so forth. I have done so many mods I am running out of stuff to do. I think it would look sweet to se that bottle in the trunk and the switches inside the car and knowing its supercharged.

Please dont bash for me asking this Im just looking for ideas.. I changed my mind on the hood and decided since the hood scoop had been cut out and all that just to keep it for at least a while plus I like it.

I finally got more of my carbon in last week my rear fasica and front splitter.

For the people with carbon fiber front splitters did you just use the 3m tape or did you use some 3m glue also?

NOTE--- I have the CS front bumper installed on my car

post-30271-0-72338800-1301978533_thumb.jpg

post-30271-0-72338800-1301978533_thumb.jpg

I'm sure that most people who have NOS in their car have no problems with leaks. However there are two main dangers with NOS that you should be aware of. Nitrous Oxide is EXPLOSIVE which is why it gives so much power. It is very easily ignited. The second reason is leaks. This is relatively the same mixture of nitrous Oxide they use in the dentist office that puts you to SLEEP. From what i understand it is most likely illegal to have on a public roadway but i have never seen it in writing. I do not encourage NOS, if you want to use it for looks, just make sure the bottle is empty.

actually i dont believe nitrous is explosive. its an accelerant so i believe it needs fuel for it to burn.

also its not the same as the nitrous used in the dentist office. medical grade nitrous is phenomenal but illegal in most staes cause people huff it. it is a hotter accelerant. i know a few local drag racers who prefere medical nitrous to the stuff you get at the filling station the nitrous oxide you get at most filling stations is very dry, supposedly it will make you sick due to how dry it is but im not certain.

SGT2417 is spot on about it being illegal to have on the road. you can have the lines and the system installed however the nitrous tank can not be connected while on road(least in oklahoma)

personally im not fond of nitrous. its hard on engines and i dont care for the momentary joy. i prefere to have the power on tap at all times.

actually i dont believe nitrous is explosive. its an accelerant so i believe it needs fuel for it to burn.

also its not the same as the nitrous used in the dentist office. medical grade nitrous is phenomenal but illegal in most staes cause people huff it. it is a hotter accelerant. i know a few local drag racers who prefere medical nitrous to the stuff you get at the filling station the nitrous oxide you get at most filling stations is very dry, supposedly it will make you sick due to how dry it is but im not certain.

SGT2417 is spot on about it being illegal to have on the road. you can have the lines and the system installed however the nitrous tank can not be connected while on road(least in oklahoma)

personally im not fond of nitrous. its hard on engines and i dont care for the momentary joy. i prefere to have the power on tap at all times.

Wow there is alot of misinformation in here, but OP I really don't see any specific questions you have. There is nothing wrong with nitrous. I've had it on my car for several years with no issues...bottle has always been kept full.

Oh dear, it's nitrous oxide or nitrous; not NOS. NOS is an abbrev. for a company that MAKES nitrous. Anyway, nitrous makes power by dramatically increasing the oxygen content put into the cylinder. When added with more fuel, the BURN inside the cylinder is signiicantly greater, and as the pressure increases, so does the power output. Therefore, you can think of nitrous as chemical forced induction. The two big problems that come from using nitrous are from creating a lean mixture whether from bottle pressure, jetting, fuel starvation (gets very hot, likes to melt things), and the sudden burst of power which tends to 'shock' components (since the power curve isn't smooth). Best of luck with it. Nitrous is a cheap way to make power.

With the right tuning nitrous is safe, it just gets expensive if you are constantly hitting that bottle and having to refill it. I almost did it but my buddy that had it on his MGT showed me the cost of refilling it and I told him I would rather save up for a blower.

Andrew if you mind me asking what did that cost you?

About $1,000 bought some stuff new and some stuff used from the s197forum

Have a remote bottle opener, blowdown tube, heater, window switch and pure kit along with the SOS cup holder switch plate.

Andrew

Archived