TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Video Camera

taz2005

I apologize if this has been covered many times before if is in the wrong section. I often drive in very nice twisty roads in SoCal (PCH, Santa Monica Mountains, back roads to Santa Barbara, etc) and I thought it would be nice to record some of it. What do you guys recommend? What features should I consider? Ease of mounting is a definite +. Thanks!

I use a Hero camera on the track. Good set up - plenty of recording space. You can see in my signature in the photo where I am busy spinning out, the camera is in the upper corner of the passenger side.

Jim

Definately the GoPro. Just ordered mine - HD Hero. They now make a 3D mount (2 Cameras). The video is very good. You should see all the people skiing with them on Helmets and chest mounts. Nice size too.

Don't buy the SD card from them though, you can buy from BH Photo in NYC and get the same card at a reduced cost than what Gopro sells it at.

Go Pro is the camera of choice for these kinds of "adventures" with your car... Have had one for a few years (non HD) but it still does the trick... And make sure you also order the "assortment" of attaching mounts and adapters :shift:

Here's a short video taken from my front bumper's perspective:

Camera is mounted in the lower front facia :superhero:

post-8727-0-21114000-1302028580_thumb.jpg

Archived