TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch and flywheel issues

Anyone with a 2008 KR had any issues with warped flywheel and clutch failure as I just read about on the 2007-09 GT500's? There is a whole string of posts about faulty flywheels in '07-09 GT500s. I wonder with the low miles we KR owners tend to have if we are going to be in trouble. There was mention of a certain build date for the car that after that, the problems were less likely? I am concered that by the time I recognize a problem it will be too late for a remedy. Sounds like some have gotten their dealers to get work done under warranty.

Also, How do you determine what your build date is?

Anyone with a 2008 KR had any issues with warped flywheel and clutch failure as I just read about on the 2007-09 GT500's? There is a whole string of posts about faulty flywheels in '07-09 GT500s. I wonder with the low miles we KR owners tend to have if we are going to be in trouble. There was mention of a certain build date for the car that after that, the problems were less likely? I am concered that by the time I recognize a problem it will be too late for a remedy. Sounds like some have gotten their dealers to get work done under warranty.

Also, How do you determine what your build date is?

All 2008 KR's have the faulty flywheel. Any 2009 KR built on 8/19/08 or after that date has the new updated flywheel.

Here's the link to the research I did.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35706-2009-gt500-the-exact-date-the-new-flywheel-started-going-in/page__view__findpost__p__559998

As a point of interest, my '08KR has about half the peddle pressure that my '08 500 had, and a much smoother action. My 500 was built 09-2007, whereas my KR was built 04-2008

As the clutch starts to go bad.....the pedal gets heavier.

Great topic with concerns about the low mileage of our KRs and the possibility of a clutch failure. I just went over 4,000 miles and that is very low miles when looking at clutch wear or failure, but no issues to date. If it's under warranty you will get the update. Prior to the end of your warranty, describe the symptoms to your dealer and get it done. But let's put this in perspective, it's a clutch!!! Last I looked a clutch Is not that expensive and not a big deal. it's even an easy do it yourself fix. Break your clutch in, don't drive it in too many parades, and watch how many hole shots you do on the streets. You may get the normal life out of your clutch.

My KR is doing great and the clutch is hanging in there. I took her out for a cruise tonight and she did great. 10,000 miles here. Looking for many more miles.

Happy Motoring :shift:

Archived