TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WOW...4 Years Ago Today...

BIKEBOY

My car went down the assembly line on February 22, 2007. I had it delivered to Five Star Ford in Scottsdale, Arizona. On this day April 3rd, 2007 I drove up to the dealer TOTALLY surprised with what I was going to see. I had NEVER even test drove any model S197!! Frankly, didn't want to. I wanted to be surprised like not finding out boy or girl!

When Gina and I drove up on this sunny day about 85 degrees out...there were other customers standing around it googooeyeing it! I was soooo proud! It was M I N E !!

Seems a lifetime ago, as I never keep a car much more than a couple years. Now...50 years old...I am so happy to be part of the Ford and more importantly, SHELBY extended family! :happy feet:

Thanks to you all for the years of friendship on this forum! I can't wait till spring to finally meet a bunch of you!

BIKEBOY (Chris)

Happy 4th Chris........... happy%20feet.gif Sounds like a fantastic day my brother.

Our 4th was back on January 3rd. Ordered her in September...........she was on transport in December..........picked her up from dealer right after the Holidays.

MyGT500003.jpg

My car went down the assembly line on February 22, 2007. I had it delivered to Five Star Ford in Scottsdale, Arizona. On this day April 3rd, 2007 I drove up to the dealer TOTALLY surprised with what I was going to see. I had NEVER even test drove any model S197!! Frankly, didn't want to. I wanted to be surprised like not finding out boy or girl!

When Gina and I drove up on this sunny day about 85 degrees out...there were other customers standing around it googooeyeing it! I was soooo proud! It was M I N E !!

Seems a lifetime ago, as I never keep a car much more than a couple years. Now...50 years old...I am so happy to be part of the Ford and more importantly, SHELBY extended family! :happy feet:

Thanks to you all for the years of friendship on this forum! I can't wait till spring to finally meet a bunch of you!

BIKEBOY (Chris)

Hay Chris i have not been able to keep up as much as i normaly do,What did you decide to do about buying the GT350? :peelout:

Hay Chris i have not been able to keep up as much as i normaly do,What did you decide to do about buying the GT350? :peelout:

Robert-

Thanks for remembering. I had the car for sale on Ebay and had a couple of serious guys. One ended up buying a Vette, and the other bought a red GT500 in his state. The 500 was heavily modded and he was going to mod mine anyway. So for a thou more...he bought the one already done. I think fate is telling me something here...KEEP CAR! :headscratch:

BIKEBOY (Chris)

Happy B Day. Love your mirrors!

BIKEBOY (Chris)

Happy B Day. Love your mirrors!

SLC- thanks!

I get that single most comment wherever I go. Lot's of folks run them on their S197's...I think they just 'pop' on white more-so? A little tough to see outta. But u get used to 'em.

BB

Wow...once again, wow!

I did some digging around in the SHELBY box tonight, and came up with this shot taken by Mom in April after the car was a few weeks old. I had already done the mirror covers and the GT/CS quarter scoops. I had also done the FRPP mufflers, I think. Oh...and the H&R rear lowering springs.

That's the driveway of my old home in Scottsdale Az. Man-o-man, I don't miss Arizona!

That was the single car garage for the SHELBY too in that house. The banner on the wall was given to me by my selling dealer a few months later in the year, as they told me I was the only one that was going to get a white coupe for the year and I could come down and pick it up!

I remember sitting on the back patio at this house every single weekend... a year and a half prior to this photo, reading every single car mag I could get my hands on that had ANY info on the GT500's!! By the time it got delivered on April 3rd, I had all of these mods in the boxes in the garage waiting for it to arrive. I had done all my homework, and had it all planned out. Gina was furious with me at the time. I will never forget it.

Today, to think that I've driven it in two countries, only 5000 miles from new.....................................crazy.

Where can I get one of those posters? :drool::drool::drool:

I know, right? :happy feet:

They are dual sided...made for the stealerships windows. Heavy vinyl construction. Not available for sale to the public. However, there is Ebay Motors. B)

I know, right? :happy feet:

They are dual sided...made for the stealerships windows. Heavy vinyl construction. Not available for sale to the public. However, there is Ebay Motors. B)

I got mine from my dealer......................buy a second car............get a banner. Such a deal :doh:

Archived