TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ever had a key made?

I bought a new truck and was looking for the spare keys for the other vehicles. The ONLY spare I could not find was the Shelby. Anyway, the way you program the new key on a Ford is you put one key in, turn the key, then the other, then you put the new one in and it programs it. You need 2 DIFFERENT keys to do this. If you do not, Ford charges 75 dollars to make the spare key. I finally found the spare and the local dealer made one for 25 dollars.

I bought a new truck and was looking for the spare keys for the other vehicles. The ONLY spare I could not find was the Shelby. Anyway, the way you program the new key on a Ford is you put one key in, turn the key, then the other, then you put the new one in and it programs it. You need 2 DIFFERENT keys to do this. If you do not, Ford charges 75 dollars to make the spare key. I finally found the spare and the local dealer made one for 25 dollars.

My friend if that was the dealer you bought the truck from it should have been done for free and you can get spares from ebay and have any lock smith cut them.

Archived