TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ever just feel lost

Just a up date.He went back in for another surgery yesterday.He is really confuseing the doctors.I won't to say this is the last one but i know better.when you take a look what the surgeons did it has a very good chance of working.

But the surgeon felt the same way about the last procedure.We are trying to keep his pain under control right now so when he is a sleep from the pain meds i can at least get on here and participate a little and try and forget about

every thing thats happening.Thanks Robert

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hang in there. Try to remember the positive things in life, not the negative. I work as an EMT, and deal with similar situations frequently. GI problems can be hard to track down, depending on what the problem is. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is just be there with your family. If you ever need to vent, don't hesitate to post about it.

Some of you might remeber my post from a few weeks back about my son and all of the G.I. issues that he is haveing. Well he went back in on thursday for another surgery.

It looks like it might be the last one,but i am not banking on it.It just seems when things start to look like life might return to normal we get knock back down.The surrgery went as planned

and aside from the pain he is not doing to bad.between work giveing me grief, my other two children desperately needing attention,and a child hood friend just being diagnosed with colon

cancer that has spread to his liver.I just dont know if i am comeing or going.I will look back on something that we did and wonder how did we make that decision.It's like my wife and myself

or on autopilot.Well thanks for listening i dont mean to bring anyone down with such a sucka## topic it just feels a little bit better to put it in writeing.

Take it from me I have felt your pain but please talk to someone like a therapist, friends and family. You don't want to blow a fuse !!! I'm finally getting back on my feet since 2007 stress can do a lot of damage. There are a lot of great people on here that have put up with my madness. You can talk your heart out and that black will be gone soon and the sun will be bright again. You can P.M anytime to chat and if anything you need help with and its within my reach. Just ask!!

Anthony

Take it from me I have felt your pain but please talk to someone like a therapist, friends and family. You don't want to blow a fuse !!! I'm finally getting back on my feet since 2007 stress can do a lot of damage. There are a lot of great people on here that have put up with my madness. You can talk your heart out and that black will be gone soon and the sun will be bright again. You can P.M anytime to chat and if anything you need help with and its within my reach. Just ask!!

Anthony

Thanks Anothony i really do feel like i can lose it.Every time i turn around there is some kind of set back.One moment things are ok then we have a set back.The killer part is when he is in pain and i can not fix it.My wife is reiying on me to be the strong one.i just don't know how much more i can

take.Every thing that happens away from the hospital put me in the red zone i get so mad at the little things and i realize why and can calm my self down after the fact just not befor. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks Anothony i really do feel like i can lose it.Every time i turn around there is some kind of set back.One moment things are ok then we have a set back.The killer part is when he is in pain and i can not fix it.My wife is reiying on me to be the strong one.i just don't know how much more i can

take.Every thing that happens away from the hospital put me in the red zone i get so mad at the little things and i realize why and can calm my self down after the fact just not befor. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

That is the worse part of being a parent! Your kids look to you for help and there's not a thing you can do. That in itself will tear you up! We are all praying for you and Ethan. Take care, Robert, I feel your pain.

Buddy you need to get some real help your heading down that road as I did. The rage starts there is nothing wrong getting help and taking meds. Trust me I went from a guy that my supervisor would call me to take care of a situation that was out of control. I just couldn't did it anymore from going to the gym to burn some anger and would leave more angry to the point my mom accused me of steriod use even had my superivsor scaed of me to the point they kept 2 tazers close by. When I finally crashed hitting rock bottom I went to fix thing by trying to Overdose on pills thats when I ended up in a psych ward and from there up and downs my job said work is good for you they sent me too a housing project in the bronxs on a 4x12 shift no gun and to sit in a cold dark room and watch cameras. A week later I gave my wife all my life insurance policys and job contact. I was going to hang myself at work. But the wife caught on and called my sgts and they dragged me back to the hospital.

So please dont make those mistakes get help you are in the red it doesn't make you weak to ask for help. Dont make me show up at your door !!!!

Car dude, any update?

The last few days have been ruff.He was in a lot of pain and trying to get the right mix of pain meds. was hard.There was a cuople of set backs that we thought were big but turned out not to be so big,We hope to be able to get him home by the end of the week.But he has to be able to

tolerate his feeds.He is being feed true a J tube.A big Thanks to every one for all the prays and thanks to the guys that sent a card.

Keeping Ethan and your whole family in our prayers Robert..........stay strong brother.

Marji contacted some people at the Ellen Degeneres show...............she's working on getting an autographed picture sent to Ethan, so keep an eye on the mail.

All our best.

Dan

Keeping Ethan and your whole family in our prayers Robert..........stay strong brother.

Marji contacted some people at the Ellen Degeneres show...............she's working on getting an autographed picture sent to Ethan, so keep an eye on the mail.

All our best.

Dan

That makes two of us. I also contacted the Ellen Degeneres show and requested a card or visit from Ellen to Ethan. I called them April 8th and sent an e-mail with a link to this topic. Lets hope they come through for Ethan. :happy feet:

Stuff in the works and soon on the way.

That makes two of us. I also contacted the Ellen Degeneres show and requested a card or visit from Ellen to Ethan. I called them April 8th and sent an e-mail with a link to this topic. Lets hope they come threw for Ethan. :happy feet:

Stuff in the works and soon on the way.

Good man kstrong................... :salute:

Buddy you need to get some real help your heading down that road as I did. The rage starts there is nothing wrong getting help and taking meds. Trust me I went from a guy that my supervisor would call me to take care of a situation that was out of control. I just couldn't did it anymore from going to the gym to burn some anger and would leave more angry to the point my mom accused me of steriod use even had my superivsor scaed of me to the point they kept 2 tazers close by. When I finally crashed hitting rock bottom I went to fix thing by trying to Overdose on pills thats when I ended up in a psych ward and from there up and downs my job said work is good for you they sent me too a housing project in the bronxs on a 4x12 shift no gun and to sit in a cold dark room and watch cameras. A week later I gave my wife all my life insurance policys and job contact. I was going to hang myself at work. But the wife caught on and called my sgts and they dragged me back to the hospital.

So please dont make those mistakes get help you are in the red it doesn't make you weak to ask for help. Dont make me show up at your door !!!!

He'll do it too Robert!!!!!! He's an X-cop!!

Be skeered...be very skeered!! :hysterical2:

All our best.

Dan

Dan,

This is so kind of you and Marji. See guys...this is what I like best about our forum...turning words into action!

He'll do it too Robert!!!!!! He's an X-cop!!

Be skeered...be very skeered!! :hysterical2:

Hey buddy one of cop said the same to me and one morning my neighbor call to let me know. That their was a fat red head guy sitting. On my front lawn half naked drinking beer.

It just does not end.he was just rushed back in to surgery the incision broke open and his bowl was coming out.just this morning

They told us that we could go home tomorrow.glad I did not get my hopes up

This rollercoaster ride when you have a special needs child will most likely never stop. Lean on your family, your friends, and your church. Barbie and I along with Lindsey will remember you and your needs tonight. Hoping the good lord will give the doctors and your family the strength to make it through the next day. Take one day at a time and just try to make it to the next one. That is about all you can do. Don't bottlie it up inside and occassionally for your own sanity, you and your wife need to leave the hospital for a meal and some quiet time, it is hard, but you've got to do it.

We feel your pain and I am sure many people have made comments about how do you do this? You do it because you love your child and there are no other options. Take care my friend and lets look for some improvement on Thursday.

GG

Robert...I'm doing what's supposed to be 'fun' stuff...closing on our new home and changing faucets and painting the man cave. It's just not fair to have Ethan and you and the family hurting. You are absolutely doing the "RIGHT" thing by talking and staying in touch with us. Or someone, for that matter! Keep it up my man. We are here for you. Please sit down and read these postings to your wife to let her know you are being thought of...OK?

Peace.

Chris

Bowl? I think you mean bowel. How the heck... did he have a hernia? I was just trying to understand it, since I don't know what the first surgeries did. Be sure to take a break and get out of the room for an hour each day. I don't know what hospital your at, but sometimes the cafeteria can be a relaxing place.

Greg

Bowl? I think you mean bowel. How the heck... did he have a hernia? I was just trying to understand it, since I don't know what the first surgeries did. Be sure to take a break and get out of the room for an hour each day. I don't know what hospital your at, but sometimes the cafeteria can be a relaxing place.

Greg

He had a J tube put in put in. This was the second procedure. The first one did not work.So they went back in to undue the first.The second procedure they took a completely different approach.But he was left with a three inch incision.

at about six PM yesterday we were changing the dressing and his bowel was pokeing out.By the time we got him down to surgery there was a golf ball size of his bowel that was protruding out of the incision.

Archived