TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 first time at track today

CMG

Well I took my 2011 to the track today for the first time really not knowing what to expect. It was Bristol which is really not known for great ETs. It was 50ish and I was on stock goodyears. My car does have the VMP pulley and tune. I have seen alot of 500s do know better than low 13s spinning all the way down the track. After two high 12 runs I nailed a 12.23@ 119mph. Not sure what others are used to here but I was pleased. On a warm day with maybe less power and more bite in tires I think I could do a high 11 on the goodyears. I guess a drag radial is next. Mickey Thompson has new ones coming out in 19 and 20s.

Well I took my 2011 to the track today for the first time really not knowing what to expect. It was Bristol which is really not known for great ETs. It was 50ish and I was on stock goodyears. My car does have the VMP pulley and tune. I have seen alot of 500s do know better than low 13s spinning all the way down the track. After two high 12 runs I nailed a 12.23@ 119mph. Not sure what others are used to here but I was pleased. On a warm day with maybe less power and more bite in tires I think I could do a high 11 on the goodyears. I guess a drag radial is next. Mickey Thompson has new ones coming out in 19 and 20s.

good times---actually what is best is cooler weather with low humiditso you have dense air going into your car

Archived