TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Self Port done and new plugs in

stevedm

Few things to go on this week. First up are a L&M 66mmTB and VMP plenum. I will port the blower myself. I want to point out the location of the Evap sensor on the 2011 models. You can see the difference in the plenums in the pictures below. I have a 3/8 inch hose and some clamps...in the end the sensor will be hanging or zip-tied somewhere and a 3/8 in hose will connect it to the new plenum.

IMG_7969.jpg

IMG_7962.jpg

IMG_7964.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

IMG_7966.jpg

IMG_7971.jpg

IMG_7974.jpg

To continue my thread from yesterday here is the finished port and completed product. TR6 plugs are also in. Idles excellent. Runs great.

IMG_7980.jpg

IMG_7982.jpg

Evap sensor relocation completed

IMG_7983.jpg

IMG_7985.jpg

IMG_7991.jpg

IMG_7988.jpg

Cheers, hope everyone likes the post.

Steve

I'm all set to do the "self-port" on my S/C... (OK maybe not ALL set)

What did you use to grind out the excess, a Dremel tool? And if so, which bit? And did you do it with the S/C on the car or did you pull it off first?

I'm told its hard to keep shavings from flying around, and getting into the S/C inlet.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

GUS

I'm all set to do the "self-port" on my S/C... (OK maybe not ALL set)

What did you use to grind out the excess, a Dremel tool? And if so, which bit? And did you do it with the S/C on the car or did you pull it off first?

I'm told its hard to keep shavings from flying around, and getting into the S/C inlet.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

GUS

I used a 25000 rpm die grinder hooked up to my air compressor. I used a rotary file bit....looked like a small vienna sausage with teeth but anyone would work. It takes a little effort so i chose one with fairly aggressive teeth then smoothed it off with a rotary stone and a hand file for the edges.

I left the SC on the car and had no problem at all . I took three microfiber towels and washed them Then dried them in the dryer for 30 min to remove all fuzz. I stuffed two of them into the SC and had my shop vac running right close to the bit at all times. There was some metal thrown around but it was not bad at all. The SC was clean as a whistle after. I soaked a towel in alcohol after and cleaned the inside anyway but didn't get anything except some of the oily film that was on it. I would do it again anytime as i thought the process was very straight forward. I used the third towel to stuff into the air filter/MAF so no metal pieces would get in it from behind.

• 1 year later...

Archived