TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Delays in 2011 GT 350 deliveries

I'm in the office today and checking the arrival for your car.

Your car arrived on July 27. You are approximately 1 week out from being brought out of storage. Based on your reservation, you have selected a 624 Polished SC with no other options. Total build time from start to finish, without painted stripes, is 64 man hours.

You will be notified when the cars moves from storage.

There are no delays from any vendor at this time.

Hope this information helps.

Roger

My car was deliverd to shelby on July 26th, and they are telling me about 30 more days until they start the build.

You delivered on July 26th 2010, and on April 2011 they are telling you another 30 days before they start a job that only takes 64hrs?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, that's probably 64 hours construction time, without prep and paint, and no delays (parts or installation).

Roger, if you don't mind me asking, how many guys are in the shop these days? I understand you have more than one build and/or car, but I was just curious. Thanks.

Is there any time frame for about when the 2011's will be built/finished and the 2012's will begin. Even a rough time frame would be great (ie fall 2011, early 2012, ect.).

We are now averaging 8-10 completed cars per week. A majority are GT350's. We expect to be out of 2011's and into 2012's by the end of August. Could be sooner.

Roger

Guys, that's probably 64 hours construction time, without prep and paint, and no delays (parts or installation).

Roger, if you don't mind me asking, how many guys are in the shop these days? I understand you have more than one build and/or car, but I was just curious. Thanks.

35 right now in main production and pre-assembly.

Roger.

Thanks Roger.

I talked to steve mansell last week, my car went into production last week. If it only takes 64 hours to complete, I'm expecting a phone call this week saying my car is ready. I'm like a kid in a candy store waiting. If you have any news on csm#49, Let me know.

I talked to steve mansell last week, my car went into production last week. If it only takes 64 hours to complete, I'm expecting a phone call this week saying my car is ready. I'm like a kid in a candy store waiting. If you have any news on csm#49, Let me know.

Hey, congratulations!!! I'm right there with you, but I would pad your timeline a little bit. 64 man hours in reality is around 3 - 4 weeks. If it's sooner, then rock on!!! What options did you pick?

I think where a lot of the early deposits had to wait 5 to 8 months before the donors even reached SA, and then the first couple months of production had some vendor and production issues, you will see where some of us who waited 10-14 months for our cars, that number will start to rapidly shrink. If the 2011s are finished by august, some waited until end of december just to order, and then donor cars might be getting there a couple months after deposit, so 4 or 5 months is nothing for a car like this in waiting time. Trust me, I get calls from everyone on here getting theirs...frustration turns to jubilation, and the whole thing becomes kind of a "right of passage". I almost feel sorry for the guys who found a dealer car they just wrote a check for and drove off the lot, because they missed SO MUCH of the anticipation and gut wrenching waiting!!!:hysterical:happy%20feet.gif My guess is by the time we hit 2012 builds, it wil go way faster, and by the end of the 2012 run, people will be waiting only 120 days max which is nothing.

Thats just my uninformed guess, but its the way it looks from my POV. I cant wait to see all you guys get your cars.....we will one day definitely need a 350 reunion at a really cool track!!! Say in Granbury, TX?

Hey, congratulations!!! I'm right there with you, but I would pad your timeline a little bit. 64 man hours in reality is around 3 - 4 weeks. If it's sooner, then rock on!!! What options did you pick?

I did the 624 R package with the polished supercharger.

Here is your car, as of today.

Roger

Thanks for the pictures, it would be neat if shelby would present pictures from start to finish with the car when it is picked up. Also, have the guys working on the car sign either a picture or work order that could be given to the customer. This would be some cool paperwork that would add collectability in the future. Is there anything I can do, to assure that Carroll Shelby signs my dash. This would mean alot to me. I know that he has a hard time getting in and out of the cars, maybe as a team everyone can help me make my car the exception and get it signed.

Thanks for the updates,

Kris

What most of us are doing is buying a spare dash airbag cover over the glove compartment for 150 +/- bucks and sending it to Jenny to have Carroll sign with a donation to CSCF of course.

Mine is getting installed right now.happy%20feet.gif

What most of us are doing is buying a spare dash airbag cover over the glove compartment for 150 +/- bucks and sending it to Jenny to have Carroll sign with a donation to CSCF of course.

Mine is getting installed right now.happy%20feet.gif

$229.00 at my local Ford dealer. I'm going for it! :party2:

Archived