TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Received Fays2 Watts Link

alaska

Received my Fays2 Watts Link thanks to Randy Team Shelby Regional Director who had just purchased it and then they came out with the billet version so I scooped it up off here, now to start the install.

Thanks again Randy,

Brian

post-25386-0-04264400-1301693764_thumb.jpg

post-25386-0-04264400-1301693764_thumb.jpg

Alaska can you tell us what year is your car. If it's 2011, do you have the svtpp? If not, is your suspension stock? Let us know how the installation went. Thanks. Oh and it looks awesome!

2010 The rest of the suspension is stock I will be upgrading next year as the wife has put a halt on any more mods this year, install was not bad at all did it on my ramps leveled the rear left to right, I did a couple of things different from the install guide to make things a little easier for make up. at the point were you measure passenger side watts bar and set the drivers side the same I removed the propeller and attached the propeller so I could torque them, then I remeasured the passenger side using the bottom edge of the propeller to the outside edge (I this was with it stretched straight on my bench) of the rod end and set the divers side exactly the same length, I also confirmed the length of threads on each rod end by measuring from bottom edge of the propeller to the edges of the jam nuts to get it spot on. Also on the 2010 the stock bolt on the passenger side for the pan hard support bar was installed from the axle side I had to pull the bolt back as far as I could, rotate the support bar at an angle then pull the bolt out at an angle past the spring in order to remove it, so I installed in the watts link on the opposite side.

post-25386-0-44156500-1301773595_thumb.jpg

Hey Alaska, what is the benefits of this watts link , I'm not to familiar with this part.....does it improve handling? I am lowered about an inch in the front and two in the back....with adj. panrod,cc plates,Lca's....and my car handles awesome...would this be an even bigger improvement?

Hey Alaska, what is the benefits of this watts link , I'm not to familiar with this part.....does it improve handling? I am lowered about an inch in the front and two in the back....with adj. panrod,cc plates,Lca's....and my car handles awesome...would this be an even bigger improvement?

I have not been able to take her out on the roads yet and I will be out of town for the next 3 weeks on business, when I return the snow should be gone and I will report, but from what I have read on the forums on here it should handle like a dream, and the cost is right. I will post when I return and am able to test.

Brian

I have not been able to take her out on the roads yet and I will be out of town for the next 3 weeks on business, when I return the snow should be gone and I will report, but from what I have read on the forums on here it should handle like a dream, and the cost is right. I will post when I return and am able to test.

Brian

Brian,

So, did it come grabber blue or did you paint it? How much $$

Joe

Brian,

So, did it come grabber blue or did you paint it? How much $$

Joe

Painted it myself, I picked up a 1/2 pint of grabber, reducer, 1 qt clear, reducer and hardener for $260.00 which gave me enough to paint my stock radiator cover, fuse box and the fays 2 and I still have enough to do some more projects, I posted the Radiator cover and fuse box on here to should be a few threads down.

Thanks Brian

and no I am not a painter I picked up the gun last year off craigslist cheap its a Sata I planed on shooting my 66 lemans when I get it finished.

Painted it myself, I picked up a 1/2 pint of grabber, reducer, 1 qt clear, reducer and hardener for $260.00 which gave me enough to paint my stock radiator cover, fuse box and the fays 2 and I still have enough to do some more projects, I posted the Radiator cover and fuse box on here to should be a few threads down.

Thanks Brian

and no I am not a painter I picked up the gun last year off craigslist cheap its a Sata I planed on shooting my 66 lemans when I get it finished.

Thanks,

Looks great! Gives me some ideas.

Where are you in Alaska? I use to live in Anchorage years ago.

Joe

Thanks,

Looks great! Gives me some ideas.

Where are you in Alaska? I use to live in Anchorage years ago.

Joe

Eagle River all the way up the end of the valley by the visitor center.

Florida sounds nice, the wife and I are looking for a second house in warmer climate thinking of Phoenix,

Archived