TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SJ

girth

Really, the water is a little muddied here. On 03 Feb. Bruno posted the original topic for the 16 April event. More than a month later (22 March), in the same topic, it's announced that both Bruno and SGT1020 will be running the New Jersey Shelby Club.

The topic was left alone as it pertained to the event. The principal question then became, is this about an event or a newly formed Shelby club outside of SAAC and TS?

Aside from that, a multitude of posts were made in a variety of forums:

66270.png

Robert, I was specifically referring to MY April 16th event. I can honestly say that SGT1020 had absolutely nothing to do with the conception, organization,,sponsorship, or is in ANYWAY involved in the running of this event. I cannot control what any person will say in a topic thread that I was. Involved in creating ( through Bruno).. All I read was one brief mentIon of the club in my & Bruno's (wickedshelbys). April 16th event posting. By that logic if our thread was taken down, should't all of the other threads that were polluted with the new club also be taken down?

Thank you sincerely , Girth

All the ones that we knew of where taken down. Please feel free to post back up your event. I also know that Tracy has reached out to you if you wish to have a conference call to work out any details. Sometimes it is hard to come across on the web.

please let us know, you can also email me at sharone@shelbyamerican.com

Sharon

All the ones that we knew of where taken down. Please feel free to post back up your event. I also know that Tracy has reached out to you if you wish to have a conference call to work out any details. Sometimes it is hard to come across on the web.

please let us know, you can also email me at sharone@shelbyamerican.com

Sharon

After hearing from reps from SAI, I am convinced this was just an honest mix up-misunderstanding and absolutely no malace was intended. As far as I am concerned, this topic is closed.

Thanks, Girth

After hearing from reps from SAI, I am convinced this was just an honest mix up-misunderstanding and absolutely no malace was intended. As far as I am concerned, this topic is closed.

Thanks, Girth

Thats what I figured from the start and what a someone else had posted also (svt tim). I think it's always better to give someone the benefit of the doubt until all details are worked out, but I'm an optimist and always try to see the best in things. There was no logical reason for that thread to be deleted, therfore I would believe that logic would dictate that removing it was a mistake and not intentional.

1. Shelby and myself value open communication on the internet. In fact, I spent from 1998-2005 fighting for these rights on the internet and established a key, First Amendment precedent that is still used by publishers today. Yeah, think about how large that legal tab was. So, I understand the whole censorship and free speech issue well.

2. Even today, as an independent publisher, I realize that companies have rights too. If you want to use a trademarked name, you need to get the trademark holder's permission. Companies have to protect their trademarked names and there is a lot of liability involved when someone uses it with or without permission.

3. When an event is posted a dozen +/- times in various multiple forums, we have a problem with that. . .you're essentially spamming the boards.

4. Finally, the regions were established by Team Shelby so that you can have events in your region of the county. We do have an issue with someone planting a flag in the ground and establishing a new "Shelby Club" that's outside of Shelby and its regional structure. If you want a regional Shelby club, then you must go through the proper channels like everybody else does.

Robert,

Spoken like someone who graduated from Lyman High! :)

I understand exactly what you and Sharon are saying... Don't forget I'll be in Vegas on May 9 to 14. Would love to see you guys again.

:grouphug:

Thanks, Girth

I see the new thread is already created. An admin should close this thread.

Really, the water is a little muddied here. On 03 Feb. Bruno posted the original topic for the 16 April event. More than a month later (22 March), in the same topic, it's announced that both Bruno and SGT1020 will be running the New Jersey Shelby Club.

The topic was left alone as it pertained to the event. The principal question then became, is this about an event or a newly formed Shelby club outside of SAAC and TS?

66270.png

For the record, I never made any posts about the new website....only the event Paul and I have planned.

So I was in violation of NOTHING.

A simple PM to me about the matter prior to taking my thread down would have cleared that up.......

66270.png

66270.png

wow triple post! :hysterical:

Archived