TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SJ

girth

that is a good question....

the april 16th Meet and Greet is an event Paul (Girth) is nice enough to host for Shelby members to get out and get to know each other at his horsefarm......

I helped him put it together and announced it here months ago....

the purpose solely for the enjoyment of all Shelbys in our area......

we even coordinated with John Keller to try to organize a cruise to Hershey the next day.......

what do we do wrong........

why would it be removed?

Appearently the admins at TeamShelby were threatened by this... I'm very annoyed that they would even think to delete the thread. Folks in the Pacific Northwest are able to have outings. Why not us? :banghead:

Gary Lane?

Sharon?

Anyone?

I'm actually beginning to become overly annoyed by the control and censorship here. I'm actually considering moving onto another forum and club. I never thought I would consider this...dead serious.

Everyone please just take a deep breath. Do we know for sure if it was deleted by an admin? I can't believe they would delete it as it was just a local gathering and there are probably 2 dozen of these types of threads in the various region sub-forums.

Everyone please just take a deep breath. Do we know for sure if it was deleted by an admin? I can't believe they would delete it as it was just a local gathering and there are probably 2 dozen of these types of threads in the various region sub-forums.

Oh... I saw the emails to prove it.

Tracy sent a msg to Brandon telling him that admins of this site said he stepped on toes with his his new web site. New Jersey Shelby Club. They asked that he disassociate the site with Shelby. And removed the thread in question.

Now take a breath...

Oh... I saw the emails to prove it.

Tracy sent a msg to Brandon telling him that admins of this site said he stepped on toes with his his new web site. New Jersey Shelby Club. They asked that he disassociate the site with Shelby. And removed the thread in question.

Now take a breath...

This meet & greet had absolutely NOTHING to do with Brandon and his nj Shelby club. It was posted months before Brandon started his club and website.

The last time I looked at the posting it had over 1,100 hits.

This meet & greet had absolutely NOTHING to do with Brandon and his nj Shelby club. It was posted months before Brandon started his club and website.

I know... That's what is so confusing.

Tracey Smith said that she felt that Brandon had misrepresented his intentions in respect to the new site.

Someone should explain how this thread had anything to do the that. I'm baffled...

As far as I'm concerned systems are still go for the Meet and Greet...

:salute:

My dog's name is Shelby, am I going to be sued for misrepresenting the great Shelby name if I don't change it?

Honestly, when my paid membership status expires; I don't think I'll be back to this site or the Shelby Store much at all. Obviously Carrol Shelby is either not well enough to realize what is becoming of his company or he's not involved enough anymore to care (which at his age, I don't blame him). The shame of it is that the people that are running the show over there seem to have lost sight of the fact that every bit of value that the company may have revolves around the respect and accomplishments of Carrol Shelby. Without him, their just another shop in Vegas that retails on the net. It's not about Robert Lane or a guy named Tim or Lisa or Laura or anyone else that works in that place. They are alienating their customers and at the same time running the company right into the ground. Of course, they'll always have their few loyalist fans that will stick by them no matter how bad things get, but I'm not one of them and frankly, they need me about as much as I need them right now so I'm sure they care about my opinion as little as I care about theirs.

I really wouldn't think one bit less of my car if it simply said SVT Cobra on it like the last 3 cars I owned before it and the "Shelby GT500" tags were never put on it. Probably would have cost a few extra bucks less too.

Oh well, it is what it is I guess. I would have bought anything with the Shelby name on it until I became a paid team member. Since then, not so much...

Either way, I'm still excited to meet up with everyone, it should be a great day.

My dog's name is Shelby, am I going to be sued for misrepresenting the great Shelby name if I don't change it?

Honestly, when my paid membership status expires; I don't think I'll be back to this site or the Shelby Store much at all. Obviously Carrol Shelby is either not well enough to realize what is becoming of his company or he's not involved enough anymore to care (which at his age, I don't blame him). The shame of it is that the people that are running the show over there seem to have lost sight of the fact that every bit of value that the company may have revolves around the respect and accomplishments of Carrol Shelby. Without him, their just another shop in Vegas that retails on the net. It's not about Robert Lane or a guy named Tim or Lisa or Laura or anyone else that works in that place. They are alienating their customers and at the same time running the company right into the ground. Of course, they'll always have their few loyalist fans that will stick by them no matter how bad things get, but I'm not one of them and frankly, they need me about as much as I need them right now so I'm sure they care about my opinion as little as I care about theirs.

I really wouldn't think one bit less of my car if it simply said SVT Cobra on it like the last 3 cars I owned before it and the "Shelby GT500" tags were never put on it. Probably would have cost a few extra bucks less too.

Oh well, it is what it is I guess. I would have bought anything with the Shelby name on it until I became a paid team member. Since then, not so much...

Either way, I'm still excited to meet up with everyone, it should be a great day.

And passionate too! :)

I hear you...

You are 100% correct.

Roger

Wow!!!

I finally got the 350 back after 100+ days at the body shop and I totally missed what was going on here. I know I do not have access to any of the details regarding the removal of the thread but it simply defies logic. I try and keep both feet solidly planted on the groud and break things down to their simplest form. This includes work and play. To me, cars, driving, racing, shows and everything revolving my crazy car addiction center around me having a good time. This is supposed to be an outlet from real life - it is to be fun! This is the bottom line for me. I have enjoyed cars and car people long before there were INTERNET forums and will continue to do so if forums become extinct or are censored.

I will be there on the 16th and will be proud to attend. I have been looking forward to meeting many folks that I only know by their screen name or avatar. With or without this forum, we will have a great time with the cars and people we enjoy.

At the end of the day, everyone understands what is right and wrong and only the people involved directly with this situation know what part they played in this unfortunate outcome.

BTW - the 350 is all that and a bag of chips. It was worth waiting for - both times!!

The 350 is incredible, better looking in person than in any picture actually, I should have had you take me for a spin. I don’t think Jon is going to stop talking about the exhaust note either, one mean sounding machine for sure.

Guys, step back and look at the entire situation before you react.

I spoke to John Keller and he couldn't be more supportive of this event. There is no threat in having great events in any region, whether or not they are official Team Shelby events. I think the thread got caught up in an unfortunate situation and, right or wrong, got taken out in the crossfire. I do want to say, Paul, thanks for putting on the event. It is very generous of you and all the people that assist you. I would love to be able to attend.

As far as using the Shelby name, it is a protected entity in the automotive arena that requires permission to use (no, your dog doesn't count). That permission comes in a contract form, not a verbal OK. It requires the person signing the contract to take certain steps to ensure liabilities are addressed and I can tell you, it is not without cost. And, it is the job of the people you mentioned (Roger, Robert, Tracey, Sharon and others) to protect the Legacy and, the rights of Shelby American and Carroll himself. I hope they never stop!

I know this will not satisfy some of you. I hope though, most of you can see past this and at least have a bit of understanding for what went on. And I sincerely hope your eventexceeds expectations!

It's not just this thread, its the totality of the circumstances revolving around a lot of issues that are constantly revisited over and over on this web site that have a lot to do with customer satisfaction and often just seem to be ignored. I have no problem with Shelby American protecting the brand and legacy. However, killing this thread is just an example of how little the "every man" really means to the people that are running Shelby. As I understood it, this is a simple meet and was never advertised as a sanctioned show or "Shelby event." It really has nothing to do with Shelby other than the fact that we all own one and the avenue of communication which was this site. If there was something specific that was said that violated brand marketing agreements or trademark laws, than that should have been edited and the rest left alone. It's completely unprofessional to expose the customers and team members that have nothing to do with trademark or user agreements to the politics of the business like this. It should have been handled behind closed doors and the threads should have been edited to suit the needs of the legal department without revealing the trademark issues; rather than being sparsely deleted and left to the wonderment of the rest that have no idea what's really going on. If it was a true legal issue that could not be resolved by a little creative editing and not one of a simple pee-pee measuring contest, it should have been deleted and re-posted to simply offer information about the meet. That would have kept this entire issue between the people that it pertains to, rather than airing it like a dirty pair of drawers for everyone to see. It just kind of adds insult to injury when after a strange approach to deleting this thread, leaving just a carcass; someone from Shelby has the arrogance to interject their "support" for the "event" when in all honesty, I can't see a reason why it really needed support from anyone but the land owner... I know I'm nothing but a screen name on the internet, but maybe some of the people involved need to be reminded of the importance of perception and PR in marketing and business.

And just to clarify, I speak simply for myself here. Please don't mix things that I posted into things that other people are involved in. The message posted above referenced many points that I posted and referenced them in a way that would insinuate them being posted in a collective nature. I've never even met any of the people on this forum, so this is simply my opinion and not one of collective nature.

1. Shelby and myself value open communication on the internet. In fact, I spent from 1998-2005 fighting for these rights on the internet and established a key, First Amendment precedent that is still used by publishers today. Yeah, think about how large that legal tab was. So, I understand the whole censorship and free speech issue well.

2. Even today, as an independent publisher, I realize that companies have rights too. If you want to use a trademarked name, you need to get the trademark holder's permission. Companies have to protect their trademarked names and there is a lot of liability involved when someone uses it with or without permission.

3. When an event is posted a dozen +/- times in various multiple forums, we have a problem with that. . .you're essentially spamming the boards.

4. Finally, the regions were established by Team Shelby so that you can have events in your region of the county. We do have an issue with someone planting a flag in the ground and establishing a new "Shelby Club" that's outside of Shelby and its regional structure. If you want a regional Shelby club, then you must go through the proper channels like everybody else does.

taking down the threads about the new website is one thing....

removing the thread about the 16th Meet and Greet that has nothing to do with that Website or Brandon was uncalled for........

that is what this thread is about........the removing of my thread for the Meet and Greet......

it is for an event Paul (Girth) and I put together months ago and has nothing to do with anyone or anything else.......

1. Shelby and myself value open communication on the internet. In fact, I spent from 1998-2005 fighting for these rights on the internet and established a key, First Amendment precedent that is still used by publishers today. Yeah, think about how large that legal tab was. So, I understand the whole censorship and free speech issue well.

2. Even today, as an independent publisher, I realize that companies have rights too. If you want to use a trademarked name, you need to get the trademark holder's permission. Companies have to protect their trademarked names and there is a lot of liability involved when someone uses it with or without permission.

3. When an event is posted a dozen +/- times in various multiple forums, we have a problem with that. . .you're essentially spamming the boards.

4. Finally, the regions were established by Team Shelby so that you can have events in your region of the county. We do have an issue with someone planting a flag in the ground and establishing a new "Shelby Club" that's outside of Shelby and its regional structure. If you want a regional Shelby club, then you must go through the proper channels like everybody else does.

Robert, if the event that is SPAMING the forums is my April 16th meet & greet, I fnever read about it in any other forum. Science as you claim I was posted in a dozen +\- or so forums, I would appreciate it if you could name 3 of them , to help alleviate my ignorance. Thank you girth.

Ps I apologize ahead of time if you can name 3 .

Really, the water is a little muddied here. On 03 Feb. Bruno posted the original topic for the 16 April event. More than a month later (22 March), in the same topic, it's announced that both Bruno and SGT1020 will be running the New Jersey Shelby Club.

The topic was left alone as it pertained to the event. The principal question then became, is this about an event or a newly formed Shelby club outside of SAAC and TS?

Aside from that, a multitude of posts were made in a variety of forums:

66270.png

If a group wishes to use the Shelby name as on official club they must contact Shelby licensing and become offical licensed and authorized before they can post themselves as an offical club and advertise on Team Shelby. So if someone is interested in representing them selves as a Shelby Club they must contact licensing. This does not include meet and greets and the members just wanting to get together, but when you open up a website and announce that you are a Shelby club you have to go through the proper channels. This does not happen as quickly as some may like. Just ask all our new regional directors, :) we have been in the work for months to bring event to all the regions.

We encourage people to get together with meet and greets and social gathering, we all love to show off our cars and get together with people that have the same love for Carroll and the brand as we do. But we also have to protect the brand at the same time.

Archived