TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SVTPP Wheel Paint

Madlock

Does anybody know if paint is available for nick touch-up?

You can match the color, but to properly touch those rims up is a detailed process that isn't a DIY type thing unless that's your job, from what I understand.

As I see it, you can live with the nicks, buy a new rim, powdercoat the ones you have, or get in touch with the Ford dealership and have them put you in touch with someone who can touch the rims up for you.

Call any tire/wheel shop or dealer and they can give you the name of someone local who can repiar them. I trashed one against a curb and when the guy was done it was perfect. They sand down the scratches, spray it with an small artists paint gun and clearcoat. The guy who did mine said he was good at matching colors, but I bought Duplicolor T299 Dark Shadow Gray at the local auto parts store and gave it to him, was a perfect match and you could never tell. Bad part was it was $140.

If this SVTPP wheels are the same as non-PP wheels the exact paint match is Duplicolor NG-FM360, Dark Shadow Gray Metallic. I had a small scratch in one of my wheels and it matched perfect. My scratch was small and I would have to agree with the other posters that if it is big, get it done professionally. Good luck

Thanks.

I've already spoken with my body work buy who's told me fixing the small chips are about $50-$125 per wheel.

Hell, just to have them cleaned properly, it's probably worth the money to leave it in his hands. :)

Don't you hate that? :banghead:

I found some small scratches on my drivers front rim when I got it new with 5 miles on it. Obviously occured from an air gun at the factory because of the location and look. Initially I wanted a replacement since it was a new car...dealer cost was about $1600. I told him to knock off $1000 from the price of the car and call it even...he did. I was more than happy.

Waste of money fixing them just buy a used one in good condition after a few years. As long as you drive your car, you will keep getting them. I just left mine alone, and it adds character to the car. If not all, most race cars have scratches on the wheels too, not a big deal.

Waste of money fixing them just buy a used one in good condition after a few years. As long as you drive your car, you will keep getting them. I just left mine alone, and it adds character to the car. If not all, most race cars have scratches on the wheels too, not a big deal.

So, if I wanted to show the car - I should wait a few years until used wheels are available?

Archived