TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT350 / CRAGAR 701 Wheels

OK, so I'm chasing another thought process, since I am hanging onto my 500. I know, I know.........wishy washy! :hysterical:

However...I'm a bit confused here. The early photos of the concept GT350 with Carroll sitting on the fender in the shop, and the shots of the pre-production car (bolt-on air dam) speeding down the track in Vegas, all show a CRAGAR wheel in what appears to be hyper-silver? Then, I start seeing all of you's guyz cars with what looks like an 'anthracite' center? As well, the cars on the site now with all of the ordering information, show cars with anthracite wheel centers, or perhaps even the whole wheel is anthracite?

Here's my dilemma...CRAGAR shows the 701S wheel in Hyper-Silver in a 20" diameter. I personally LOVE silver the best! So, that works for me. Twenty's...not so much, but I could live with them, based on the fact that I have a white/blue stripe car that 'resembles' a 350. NOT TO COPY in any way!! Just wanted one so badly, that this could be the way, (for me) of getting my car to commemorate what never happened? See?

Anyway, I am glad that the aftermarket 701 wheel is NOT anthracite, but wondered at what point did they decide to do them NOT in silver on the production 350's? Seems that happened without any discussion from anyone on our forums. Just ask'n! :shift:

Thanks guys!

EDIT- added a pic. of my car with wheels 'cheezily' photochopped in.

OK, so I'm chasing another thought process, since I am hanging onto my 500. I know, I know.........wishy washy! :hysterical:

However...I'm a bit confused here. The early photos of the concept GT350 with Carroll sitting on the fender in the shop, and the shots of the pre-production car (bolt-on air dam) speeding down the track in Vegas, all show a CRAGAR wheel in what appears to be hyper-silver? Then, I start seeing all of you's guyz cars with what looks like an 'anthracite' center? As well, the cars on the site now with all of the ordering information, show cars with anthracite wheel centers, or perhaps even the whole wheel is anthracite?

Here's my dilemma...CRAGAR shows the 701S wheel in Hyper-Silver in a 20" diameter. I personally LOVE silver the best! So, that works for me. Twenty's...not so much, but I could live with them, based on the fact that I have a white/blue stripe car that 'resembles' a 350. NOT TO COPY in any way!! Just wanted one so badly, that this could be the way, (for me) of getting my car to commemorate what never happened? See?

Anyway, I am glad that the aftermarket 701 wheel is NOT anthracite, but wondered at what point did they decide to do them NOT in silver on the production 350's? Seems that happened without any discussion from anyone on our forums. Just ask'n! :shift:

Thanks guys!

EDIT- added a pic. of my car with wheels 'cheezily' photochopped in.

Bikeboy,

Just as an FYI, here's a pic of the actual finished wheel on the GT350...hope this helps for comparison.

GT350Wheels006.jpg

John

Bikeboy,

Just as an FYI, here's a pic of the actual finished wheel on the GT350...hope this helps for comparison.

GT350Wheels006.jpg

John

John- Thank you soooo much.

They look hyper-silver up close??? :headscratch: That's too weird. From afar they look darker?

Maybe the finish is the same as the aftermkt. wheel offered to the public? I need to get to a wheel warehouse and open a box and touch one of these.

I'm off!!! :superhero:

EDIT- btw, CRAGAR really made the GT350 wheel exclusive...NOT only with the engraving, but the size as well.

There seems to be a tiny variation. Look at the word "Shelby" on the rim and then move your eyes higher toward the spoke. In between is line that goes around the wheel. Preproduction and the aftermarket wheel doesn't have it. Hmmm...clear as dirty mud?

There seems to be a tiny variation. Look at the word "Shelby" on the rim and then move your eyes higher toward the spoke. In between is line that goes around the wheel. Preproduction and the aftermarket wheel doesn't have it. Hmmm...clear as dirty mud?

Wow....good eye! You are right. It's sorta 'beveled' down in there.

• 2 years later...

De-Ja-Vu!

:drop:

Almost 3 years later, and now I have a 2008 red 500 and am visiting wheels on THIS car... :cool:

What to do, what to do????

Until last night, I had almost forgotten about this thread I started way back. This morning, I started surfin' for pics of red GT350's to see sorta what these Cragar 701S's would look like on my car. I know the 350's got 19"s and Cragar (most likely to help keep them exclusive?) only offers the 'knock off' in a 20". I would rather have 19"s, but if this is my only choice.............

Anyone have these on an earlier car??? Pics???

Thanks ahead of time! :salute:

BB

There are a lot of shade variations in the color of the spokes on Shelby GT350s.

I mentioned this to Roger when I was picking up mine and he smiled and shrugged.

That's weird Michael?

Hmmmmmm....

It seems as if the 20"ers (sold to the masses) look like they're all hyper silver with a machined outer lip only too. As opposed to the whole inside of the barrel on your wheels, having what looks like a mirrored finish. :headscratch:

• 2 weeks later...

Are the GT350 Cragars 9" or 9.5" wide? I see 19x9" mentioned everywhere online, but it seems silly that Shelby would use a narrower wheel than even the older GT500's.

All 2011/2012 GT350s came with 19x9 and 265 40 19 tires.

Are you sure of the 9" size? Not doubting you, but I was told that the stamped part number on the back of the wheel says "PDW P5154-1995", which I would read to mean 19x9.5". Or it could just be a coincidence.

Positive. I have had them broken down for new tires

• 1 year later...

Wow!

I started this thread nearly four years ago in search of these GT350 rims for my white '07 500.

Spin the clock forward to last week.....and I own a set! As for the answer to the last posted question of size......... They ARE 19x9.5" on all four.

Now to decide whether or not to replace my Alclone Super Fakes with em. Hmmmm.....

Yes! I want to see them on your car. I had the same debate on my KR. Last December a purchased a set of Shelby Forged Alcoa's . They were part of the last 100 wheels offered. My intention was to just keep them in a box. That lasted about 2 weeks. I am glad they are on my car now.

• 2 months later...

BIKEBOY

What size tires did you end up putting on the Cragar GT350 rims for the GT500? Any pics? Am thinking of pulling the trigger on a set just not sure if I should go with the same tire size as on the GT350 or try a staggered set to stay with The GT500 factory theme. Any comments/thoughts?

GT

Wow!

I started this thread nearly four years ago in search of these GT350 rims for my white '07 500.

Spin the clock forward to last week.....and I own a set! As for the answer to the last posted question of size......... They ARE 19x9.5" on all four.

Now to decide whether or not to replace my Alclone Super Fakes with em. Hmmmm.....

BIKEBOY

What size tires did you end up putting on the Cragar GT350 rims for the GT500? Any pics? Am thinking of pulling the trigger on a set just not sure if I should go with the same tire size as on the GT350 or try a staggered set to stay with The GT500 factory theme. Any comments/thoughts?

GT

See thread below.....

"CRAGAR wheels for sale on Ebay"

Pics and info is all there.

:salute:

Archived