TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BANG!

07SGT5687

I Guess a 2012 GT500 on order? :happy feet:

Oh man... now you made me feel like a punk for being so excited about something... not THAT cool.

Good luck and enjoy it when it's done. You are going to love it. It's a whole different animal... :peelout:

Dan

Thanks again Dan. I really appreciate all your advise.

I only guessed.... it wasn't confirmed......

Confirmed. Finally, FINALLY ordered the Polished FRPP Whipple HO SC with JLT CF intake and Jon Lund performance tune and RE FRPP tune. CAN'T WAIT to lay eyes on that thing... let alone get it installed!

congrats, but you better hurry and get those Baer's installed, your fixing to need them.

Workin' on it... literally!

It's it possible for brake calipers to look sexy... I submit that they can! Never realized how cool the quick dismount of these things are! Pad changes probably take like 2 minutes!

DSC00574.jpg

Oh man... now you made me feel like a punk for being so excited about something... not THAT cool.

Thanks again Dan. I really appreciate all your advise.

Confirmed. Finally, FINALLY ordered the Polished FRPP Whipple HO SC with JLT CF intake and Jon Lund performance tune and RE FRPP tune. CAN'T WAIT to lay eyes on that thing... let alone get it installed!

Don't feel bad, I guessed wrong. A SC is way cool. Waaaay Cool. Or as my 16 year old would say, "SWEET!!!. :shift:

So when do you expect delivery? I will need your address so I can come help with the install. I can't wait to see that beast after the new additions.

Oh...and those calipers are SEXY!

... I was hoping you'd say that! I'm thinkin' next weekend. Got any plans?

Whats one of those run?

Question for you all. When I ordered the SC, I insisted that I wanted the FRPP "badged" Whipple, not the factory direct Whipple. You all know how picky I am... I was told the only difference is that FRPP puts a sticker over the Whipple badge and that they would include the stickers so it would ultimately be identical to the FRPP/Whipple. I'm told that's what FRPP does to the "licensed" versions of them anyway.

However looking over Blown Away's SC install that Alex did, it appears to me that that badge is not just a sticker, but a vinyled plate. Can anyone help me understand if I what Lethal told me is true of if I need to have a talk with them to ensure they send me exactly what I want?

Thanks all, JR

Whats one of those run?

Shop around, but this is a good guess:

RST - around $700

RXT - probably closer to $1000

Flywheel - $300+

Miscellaneous - (stainless clutch slave line, clutch slave, thowout bearing, fluid) - $400

Install - DIY or $300+ at a shop

Sam

What days? I work this coming Sunday. You have the S/C already?

I'm thinking the 9th & 10th? Or whichever days you can of course. I'm expecting it to take me at least 2 full days. So not his coming weekend, but the following one. Ordering a couple more pieces maybe too. Maybe some aluminum coolant and intercooler tanks. But I'd imagine they would be here by then. I also plan on installing the new valve covers then too, so it might take a little longer than usual. But I figure while the whole top side is all torn apart, I might as well do that then.

Shop around, but this is a good guess:

RST - around $700

RXT - probably closer to $1000

Flywheel - $300+

Miscellaneous - (stainless clutch slave line, clutch slave, thowout bearing, fluid) - $400

Install - DIY or $300+ at a shop

Sam

DANG!... that sounds spendy. I better mind that clutch good for the first year or so! Not sure I can afford another $1000-1500 after this run on the bank!

I'm thinking the 9th & 10th? Or whichever days you can of course. I'm expecting it to take me at least 2 full days. So not his coming weekend, but the following one. Ordering a couple more pieces maybe too. Maybe some aluminum coolant and intercooler tanks. But I'd imagine they would be here by then. I also plan on installing the new valve covers then too, so it might take a little longer than usual. But I figure while the whole top side is all torn apart, I might as well do that then.

DANG!... that sounds spendy. I better mind that clutch good for the first year or so! Not sure I can afford another $1000-1500 after this run on the bank!

What about the bigger fuel pump and injectors? Do they come with the kit?

JR would you mind if I dropped by? I would really like to see this up close and if you need any help would be willing to lend a hand.

Mick

Are you kidding?! Of course you can come by!! I'm going to need all the help I can get! I'm hoping I can still lure Steve-o down one of these weekends... wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

I'm actually just planning on getting the brakes done and ready for PPIR on the 16th... and then tackling the SC after that. I decided I'm just not sure I want to rush the SC install and then head STRAIGHT to the track. So I'm going to have to slow down a notch... get the brakes done... go race those... and then come home and start the SC install.

Archived