TEAM SHELBY FORUM

305's

bigsnake

Need some you experts opinions. I have no traction with the GY 285/19's on my 11 GT500 and want to go to a 305/30/19 tire on the rear, so will I have any problems with the fit and which ones do you suggest for street?

Your not going to have problems with the fit, they may buldge from the rim slightly (might help if you curb it), but a 30 series (even though your going wider from a 285 - 305) isn't enough sidewall to improve traction much. I have the BFGoods KDW2s at 295/35/19 and their better than stock, but I went ahead and bought some cheap 18 x 10s (look alike) for my next set of tires so I can have a 40ish series on the back. Are you looking for street tires or a DR? Also lowering the rear street tires pressure to around 25psi helps a good bit from 35psi if you haven't done that yet.

Your not going to have problems with the fit, they may buldge from the rim slightly (might help if you curb it), but a 30 series (even though your going wider from a 285 - 305) isn't enough sidewall to improve traction much. I have the BFGoods KDW2s at 295/35/19 and their better than stock, but I went ahead and bought some cheap 18 x 10s (look alike) for my next set of tires so I can have a 40ish series on the back. Are you looking for street tires or a DR? Also lowering the rear street tires pressure to around 25psi helps a good bit from 35psi if you haven't done that yet.

For the street and I will try the 25 psi because I have to do something. I'm sure when the weather warms up the traction will improve some but I've got to improve the grip overall.

Thanks

Archived