TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Built Shelby GT

sgt1020

Sounds sweet bro!

Did you have to do any other modifications to fit the 20x9 razors with the 255's in the front and 275's in the rear? I'm thinking about getting the chrome ones and the same tires...any advice?

I went with the 24mm offset razors so that I can eventually fit the 6piston big brake upgrade from Shelby. Also, BF Goodrich does not make my tire anymore. They have a new design, it looks like a flame which I do not like. But thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

the before and after is devastating..

great video..

all mod videos need to have a before/after footage...to fully appreciate the mod.

sounds awesome.

Thanks!

The video honestly does not do the sound of the car justice! In person, its almost stupid loud under WOT yet I don't mind it because it sounds so damn meann!

Also, for you guys who wanted to know, my dyno results are in my signature!

(365rwhp/333lbft)

Brandon - The car sounds great. The over all look you have created is right on. I love the window banner. I think you said before it is something you had specially made, if not where do you get one ? The colors will have to be different for my black 07 but worth looking into.

Brandon - The car sounds great. The over all look you have created is right on. I love the window banner. I think you said before it is something you had specially made, if not where do you get one ? The colors will have to be different for my black 07 but worth looking into.

Thanks man I appreciate it! I honestly can not remember where I got it from. I know I have the receipt somewhere, I'll look for it. For your car I would do black with silver lettering. Are those your Boss mustangs btw? The Boss 429, wow that thing is AWESOME!!!

sgt1020, that is fantastic RWHP gains you have got with your newly installed mods, great work! Here is what I was going to get in crank hp gains, per my performance mechanic, when I was going to do basically the same mods: The numbers are below.

I wanted my car to be 385-395 hp at the crank that would have put me @ 330-335RWHP.

PS: I bet that dyno sheet is framable!!

So your 365 RWHP is 100% awesome with those mods!

My results would have been approximately:

1) Long tubes: up to10-25 hp

2) Steeda pulleys - up to 10 hp

3) 62 MM throttle body - up to 10 hp

4) FRPP Cam - up to 20-30 hp

5) Breenspeed tune - up to 3 hp

Highest Total: 78-80 crank hp

Lowest total: 40-45 + crank hp

Original hp: 319 HP

Added Mods:80 HP (highest total)

Equals - 398 crank hp - 15% crank to RWHP Ratio = 338.3 RWHP is what I would have gotten, approiximately.

Just goes to show you what great tuners can do with these cars if you have the right person tuning them.

But I guess that does not hold a candle to your KR500! I love those cars, pre-title just like the SGT. How many miles do you have on your KR now?

EDITED:

• 2 weeks later...

your car sounds awesome... having all your work done at JDM, I'm surprised you didn't go with the 302 stroker short block too. I have been talking to JDM for a couple weeks now about a few different options I'm looking into. Jim has been great to talk to. I'm thinking about doing the block and cams now. Jim is telling me that the cams will get me 35-40 RWHP and the block will get me about 23-24....so about 60 RWHP all together. It's A LOT of money though. How did you like dealing with them? did they give you a pretty good deal?

your car sounds awesome... having all your work done at JDM, I'm surprised you didn't go with the 302 stroker short block too. I have been talking to JDM for a couple weeks now about a few different options I'm looking into. Jim has been great to talk to. I'm thinking about doing the block and cams now. Jim is telling me that the cams will get me 35-40 RWHP and the block will get me about 23-24....so about 60 RWHP all together. It's A LOT of money though. How did you like dealing with them? did they give you a pretty good deal?

Now thoses are real HP numbers......Thank you.

+1 on where to get the windshield banner

I went with the 24mm offset razors so that I can eventually fit the 6piston big brake upgrade from Shelby. Also, BF Goodrich does not make my tire anymore. They have a new design, it looks like a flame which I do not like. But thanks!

Thanks for the input Brandon...looks like it will have to wait I was forced to get new rubber before I could order the rims so it'll be a while...or not depending on how fast I burn through this set.

Sounds nice!!!! Nice and throaty.....

I did notice that the first car in the comparison clip was missing the whine that the second car had.... :shrug:

:hide:

Yeah Yeah Yeah, Whatever you say. All motor power baby!!! :shades: :happy feet:

Plus, I saved the extra 100+lbs the blower would have put on my nose :P

Your sarcasm is noted...thank you. I am only repeating what I was told. Obviously those are bigger #'s than what I would expect.

1) Long tubes: up to10-25 hp

2) Steeda pulleys - up to 10 hp

3) 62 MM throttle body - up to 10 hp

4) FRPP Cam - up to 20-30 hp

5) Breenspeed tune - up to 3 hp

Highest Total: 78-80 crank hp

Lowest total: 40-45 + crank hp

Original hp: 319 HP

Added Mods:80 HP (highest total)

Equals - 398 crank hp - 15% crank to RWHP Ratio = 338.3 RWHP is what I would have gotten, approiximately.

It is what it is........................

EDITED: I could have gotten the lower amount too. About 310-320 RWHP which would be about 365-375 crank hp.

Archived