TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Open Track Day for Verts in the GL Region?

eric_gt500

Wanted to know if there are any Open Track Days in our region for those of us with Verts that don't have the mandatory roll cage that most tracks require. I can understand the rule but would like to at least have a little more fun than is "legal" on public streets. Sounds like the bash down in Tulsa @ Hallett would allow this (in Group II and III) but that's a bit far... Appreciate any insight that anyone has.

One group that allows the Verts without the rollcage (athough cage is encouraged) is 3ball ing.

Checkout www.3ball ing.com :shift:

We're working with them on potential discounts for TS Members.

Their FAQ on Vert Roll bars:

Rollbars for Convertibles

Please check the specific event listing as each track has different requirements. In general, rollbars are encouraged for all convertibles. Again, please check the event details and look under the FAQ tab for "Convertibles".

Wanted to know if there are any Open Track Days in our region for those of us with Verts that don't have the mandatory roll cage that most tracks require. I can understand the rule but would like to at least have a little more fun than is "legal" on public streets. Sounds like the bash down in Tulsa @ Hallett would allow this (in Group II and III) but that's a bit far... Appreciate any insight that anyone has.

I dont know of any. Now, Tulsa is a ways but, its the Team Shelby Nationals and, the best show bar none!

Just wanted to follow up for anybody that is interested... As mentioned 3Ball ing does allow convertibles w/o roll bars. happy%20feet.gifshift.gif

This was the response I got from Ken today:

"I allow convertibles at pretty much all of my events. Grattan is included in that list. I also have events at Gingerman and Waterford where convertibles are allowed. Mid-Ohio does require a roll bar though."

Archived