TEAM SHELBY FORUM

start up smoke

i put insurance on mine yesterday,been sitting for 6 mths and i got some blue smoke for a couple of secounds.i took it for a run and pushed it after it warmed up ,no smoke.i will drive it for this week and change the oil,not shure if it is the valve seals or.the car has little over 40,000 miles on it.i bought extended warranty through ford so i,m o.k that way.anyone else have this.my mach 1 does this also after sitting for a while.it has 34,000 klms on it a 2003

If it just happened once after sitting, I would not worry about it. With both of my Mustangs, they will smoke if I run them for a short very short time. If I back one out of the garage, let it sit, then start it again and pull back in, I will get blue smoke every time. They have always done it and the one Mustang I have owned since new.

It could be a little bit of oil gets past the valve seals after it's been sitting for a while, OR it could also be the overly rich condition that occurs on start up (which seems worse when it sits for week). Also, both of my Fords will do it if they sit for over a week.

Archived