TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Party of 15" car for sale

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Don for the acknowledgment!! As you and the other 13 know, it was quite a challenge to pull off a "party" that had never been done before, and since. I envy you Owners who have driven and enjowed your cars to the fullest, I really do. Me -- I'm content knowing I have #1 of the 15 and it is still a "virgin" and never been driven, titled, or registered with any governmental agency. I look at it every day in my garage and think to myself and know it is a one of a kind and it's mine. Some may not understand, but that feeling is as good to me, I'm sure as your feeling is to be burning up asphalt on a track. I have no illusions that I will ever see a huge monitary value out of my car. May be my kids or grandchildren will, who knows. But the enjoyment for now is mine as your is yours. The "Party" was a once in a lifetime experience for me and I'm sure for the other 13 as well.

Take care to all,

John

That's so cool that you have a daily driver and a piece of history. Both 500's. :superhero: My hat's off to you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:redcard: 40th Anniversary CMS 07XL0223 and #10 of 15 Party car sold this weekend. It is going from Calif. to Florida.

40th Anniversary CMS 07XL0223 (#10 of 15 Party Car) arrived in Florida this past Friday. It was on the truck for over a week so it was a little dusty. At least I know what I'll be doing this weeked.

Thanks to jdaallen for being patient with me while I peppered him with questions about the car. The seller was a great guy to deal with and helped me out quite a bit with logistics. With the car in Ca and me in Fl, there was not much I could do hands on so all the help was greatly appreciated.

I was looking for a GT500 convertible for some time. Although I wasn't really looking for a 40th or a car with any type of history I just could't pass up the opportunity to purchase this one. It was the color combination I liked and features I wanted. The history and the fact that it is a 40th just makes it that much more special.

I tried to post pics..hopefully it worked.

Thanks once again to John!

GT

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu94/GeorgePicNet/40th%20Pics/40thDelivery.jpg[/img][/img]

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu94/GeorgePicNet/40th%20Pics/40th223.jpg[/img][/img]

40th Anniversary CMS 07XL0223 (#10 of 15 Party Car) arrived in Florida this past Friday. It was on the truck for over a week so it was a little dusty. At least I know what I'll be doing this weeked.

Thanks to jdaallen for being patient with me while I peppered him with questions about the car. The seller was a great guy to deal with and helped me out quite a bit with logistics. With the car in Ca and me in Fl, there was not much I could do hands on so all the help was greatly appreciated.

I was looking for a GT500 convertible for some time. Although I wasn't really looking for a 40th or a car with any type of history I just could't pass up the opportunity to purchase this one. It was the color combination I liked and features I wanted. The history and the fact that it is a 40th just makes it that much more special.

I tried to post pics..hopefully it worked.

Thanks once again to John!

GT

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu94/GeorgePicNet/40th%20Pics/40thDelivery.jpg[/img][/img]

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu94/GeorgePicNet/40th%20Pics/40th223.jpg[/img][/img]

GT,

Congratulations. I was part of that group we still have our own mailing list and stay in contact. I think there are only three of us that do any serious driving with them., Tood, Mike and myself. Most of the rest are garage queens. Register for some of the events and meet the rest of the gang. You're going to love being a step child in the attic!

Way to go, George. I knew you were drawn to my 40th, but you never said anything about adding one to your already fantastic collection. My daughter and I were very pleased to learn you were the one that bought the party car, Congratulations. Did you do anything with your 427 graphics on the SS and how did those coil covers work out? I think the time has definitely come to park next to each other at some show. Call me today or tonight if you get a chance.

Don

Way to go, George. I knew you were drawn to my 40th, but you never said anything about adding one to your already fantastic collection. My daughter and I were very pleased to learn you were the one that bought the party car, Congratulations. Did you do anything with your 427 graphics on the SS and how did those coil covers work out? I think the time has definitely come to park next to each other at some show. Call me today or tonight if you get a chance.

Don

Don;

I don't think there was any real preplanning involved here. I was really just looking for a daily driver convertible GT500 or SGT, something with some miles on it that someone else had already "broken in" and I wouldn't feel too bad about driving to work and in the wet weather of Florida. This just kindda happened so now I have three in the garage and still no daily driver. Although my selection for weekend driving has moved up a notch. Go figure....

I still am toying with the 427 graphics for the other car but haven't made the jump. I still think I'm just going to buy them and stick them under the bed just to have them. Also haven't made the move on the coil covers. A lot going on and just haven't had a chance to get back to them. I'll be in Sebring this coming weekend for the Shelby sponsored track event with the white car.

I'll try to call you tonight (05/22) but probably not until 8 or so. Have a bunch of family thinks going on most of the day.

Best to you and your daughter....

GT

• 3 weeks later...

GT,

Congratulations. I was part of that group we still have our own mailing list and stay in contact. I think there are only three of us that do any serious driving with them., Tood, Mike and myself. Most of the rest are garage queens. Register for some of the events and meet the rest of the gang. You're going to love being a step child in the attic!

Wow, and to think that I have driven two of those three - on the track even (even went off-roading with Mike's :doh: )!

Guess I need to get with Todd now and go for the trifecta. :hysterical:

Wow, and to think that I have driven two of those three - on the track even (even went off-roading with Mike's :doh: )!

Guess I need to get with Todd now and go for the trifecta. :hysterical:

:hysterical2:

• 9 years later...

Aloha!

Thank you for the historical information!  
I am the blessed “new owner” of Mike Costanzo’s CSM 07XL0226,and #2 of 15.  Her new home is in Hawaii...it’s not going off roading...LoL

This has always been my “dream car!”...Shelby GT500 & fortunate to be a part of the this special and rare documented group.  I would love to hear more about the great stories of the “Part of 15.”

Mahalo!

Darryn 

2 hours ago, Darryn Dela Vega said:

Aloha!

Thank you for the historical information!  
I am the blessed “new owner” of Mike Costanzo’s CSM 07XL0226,and #2 of 15.  Her new home is in Hawaii...it’s not going off roading...LoL

This has always been my “dream car!”...Shelby GT500 & fortunate to be a part of the this special and rare documented group.  I would love to hear more about the great stories of the “Part of 15.”

Mahalo!

Darryn 

Darryn,

Where is Hawaii are you?

Aloha,

Don Johnston

Aloha Mustang & Shelby Club of Hawaii

Howzit Don!

Live in Kaneohe.  

Mailed the AMSCH registration form a little over a week ago.  Scot Shimamura and I been emailing each other for the past month...he’s been very helpful because this is my first mustang.  

mahalo,

Darryn

darryndelavega@gmail.com

Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your ride. Your GT500 is quite a start for a first Mustang.   I have been a TS member from its early years and a SAAC member for 45 years.  I play with a 1966 GT350 and a 2011 GT350 45th Anniversary.  

Don

Howzit Don,

wow! You are a Shelby dude!  Awesome cars!  

Scot emailed me about Sunday’s AMSCH meeting at Ho’omaluhia and the drive starting at Lagoon Dr.  My wife and kids are excited to see the cars and I would love them to get their first taste of AMSCH this Sunday.  

Would love to take part of the drive, but i am a humble newbie and don’t want to be to overt in my excitement.  So deciding whether to drove or meet at Ho’omaluhia.

mahalo,

Darryn

Archived